Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Keith Jackson on twitter apparently saying the Newco could go in administration

It's a massive possibility. They have no funds whatsoever and are expected to pay a rather large wage bill on Thursday.

I hope 'Newco' Govan United will have the grace to apply to join the SFL by the 'normal' route, and if successful, join the Third Division. Personally, I'd like a more established club like Cove Rangers or Spartans to have their shot. After all, neither Cove Rangers nor Spartans have a predecessor club that broke away from the SFL for their own advantage, and screwing the rest of Scottish football.

Keith Jackson on twitter apparently saying the Newco could go in administration

Keith Jackson is an idiot. The Celtic kit and Jorge Albertz leaving Rangers stories show the contempt people have for him. I don't believe a word he says.

What would we all settle for an outcome in this whole episode ?

The Newco Rangers FC in Division 3 ? definately....but with all this talk of reshaping the leagues I'd settle for:

• 3No Divisions of 14 Teams (with 7-7Split after 26games) - The Newco Rangers in bottom league.
  • 2Up 2Down with 3rdTop v 3rd Bottom Play Off in all Divisions.
  • Regional Pyramid System to include Junior Teams etc (Highland, East, West & South).
  • Teams Restricted to 16No Professional Players over the age of 21or23.
  • Maintain 4No u21's in matchday squad.
  • Shared Gate Money.
  • Equitable TV Revenue Split.
  • Move towards 51/49% fan ownership as per German League including Accountancy Checks at 2 points of the season.

Did I miss anything ? Comments ?

i would take almost that except the bold part, i wouldnt make them restruture personally

i would have them go into a playoff with the top team from every level they have playing against eachother for the place

The Newco Rangers FC in Division 3 ? definately....but with all this talk of reshaping the leagues I'd settle for:

• 3No Divisions of 14 Teams (with 7-7Split after 26games) - The Newco Rangers in bottom league.
  • 2Up 2Down with 3rdTop v 3rd Bottom Play Off in all Divisions.
  • Regional Pyramid System to include Junior Teams etc (Highland, East, West & South).
  • Teams Restricted to 16No Professional Players over the age of 21or23.
  • Maintain 4No u21's in matchday squad.
  • Shared Gate Money.
  • Equitable TV Revenue Split.
  • Move towards 51/49% fan ownership as per German League including Accountancy Checks at 2 points of the season.

American style cheer leaders.........................................................................................nope ............................cancel that

Looks like Stranraer fans haven't forgotten 1964 http://www.sfc1870forum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=66&sid=3898d8462dd988fb100f885d9e54059e&start=20

Personally I would like to see Stranraer voting against Newco being admitted to the Scottish Football League if it comes to a vote.

There should be no place for cheats of this extent in any level of Scottish football and this is an opportunity to remove one of the blights on Scottish society. Rangers are not a great Scottish institution. They are a source of bigotry, sectarianism, prejudice and violence. Their supporters have a 19th century mindset in a 21st century world. There should be no place for them in Scotland. How many other teams have fans who send letter bombs to supporters of rival teams? How many other teams have fans who are in jail for murdering someone who was wearing a different football strip? How many other teams have supporters who attack the police at the biggest showcase final they've reached in the past 30 years?

"You know it seems to me, that sorry seems to be the hardest word".

Green's newco go straight into administration. Duff & Phelps appointed administrators. Duff & Phelps sit behind a desk and announce that they are in negotiations with the players who DID transfer to the newco, with a view to them taking wage cuts which will see the Green newco survive until a new buyer can be found. SSN camp outside Minty Moonbeams Park, Fraser Wishart turns up in a bird-shit stained Audi, and negotiations begin. No deal is reached.... negotiations to continue the following day. Lee McCulloch and Lee Wallace stop and talk to the press as they speed out of Minty Park in their Range Rover Sports....

Hmmm.....

• 3No Divisions of 14 Teams (with 7-7Split after 26games) - The Newco Rangers in bottom league. - hate this idea, split is way too early, plus 7 in each half leaves 2 teams with no game every week
  • 2Up 2Down with 3rdTop v 3rd Bottom Play Off in all Divisions. - I like the current playoffs just fine, 2nd vs11th for SPL would be good though
  • Regional Pyramid System to include Junior Teams etc (Highland, East, West & South). Meh, pyramid is a nice idea but needs some more detailed thought, should happen eventually
  • Teams Restricted to 16No Professional Players over the age of 21or23. No, just putting 24 year olds out of Scottish football for no reason
  • Maintain 4No u21's in matchday squad. Fine
  • Shared Gate Money. There is no way this happens. Celtic, Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen have way too much to lose plus there will be clubs cooking the books
  • Equitable TV Revenue Split. Bound to happen, should still be based on league position though.
  • Move towards 51/49% fan ownership as per German League including Accountancy Checks at 2 points of the season. And would these fan groups take on half the debt run up at Killie, Hearts, Aberdeen, Dunfermline, Dundee United etc. That has a long way to go before it can happen at all clubs.