Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

There really has been some astonishingly astute, pointed, and acerbic yet ultimately well presented commentary and analysis on this thread.

This is all the more brought to the fore when you read the moronic, ill-informed dribblings of the significant majority of the estalished Scottish sports media.

For Traynor et al to suggest that people who use online forums and social media to exchange views and formulate their opinios as ill-informed etc. has to be one of the most outrageous ironies that has emerged from this entire saga.

#InternetBampotsFTW

Hi guys. First post. I see this thread is where it's happening. Just a question, why is it in the SPL forum?

"Old" Rangers still formally hold the SPL share AFAIK. I would imagine that as soon as the actual vote is taken on whether they can transfer it to Sevco (aye right..) then they will cease to own the share. At which point this thread gets moved to Misc Other Football, and the Rangers V Celtic forum spontaneously combusts..

I hear McGregor is off when he gets back from Florida on Thursday...

Sounds as if Besiktas may be his kind of club

The UEFA Appeals Body has today (30 May 2012) decided to exclude the Turkish club Beşiktaş JK from the next two UEFA club competitions for which it qualifies in the next five seasons, for violation of the UEFA Club Licensing and Financial Fair Play Regulations. The exclusion for the second competition is suspended for a probationary period of five years.

The Appeals Body met to rule on an appeal lodged by the UEFA Disciplinary Inspector against the decision of the Control and Disciplinary Body of 1 May and a cross-appeal filed by Beşiktaş. The cross-appeal was partially admitted. The fine of €500,000 imposed by the first instance is reduced to €200,000, of which €100,000 is suspended for a probationary period of five years.

At the same meeting, the appeal case of Turkish club Bursaspor was heard. The appeal was partially admitted. Bursaspor are excluded from one UEFA club competiton for which it qualifies in the next four seasons, for violation of the UEFA Club Licensing and Financial Fair Play Regulations. The cross-appeal of Bursaspor is partially admitted, and the fine of €200,000 is reduced to €50,000 suspended for a probationary period of four years.

These decisions are final subject to an appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS).

We keep getting told that losing rangers will cost oh, I dunno, think of a number and add loads of noughts on pounds per season. What do people base these figures on?

Take Killie for instance. Say we got two home games against the orcs. For a normal league match against them, we get around 10k. Say, for argument's sake, no home fans go so that's 25*10 = 250k per match. So, for two home matches, we'd lose 500k, call it 600k with hospitality. Roughly 2000 STs. So we're going to struggle to make that shortfall, right?

Well, short-term, SOMEBODY is going to come to TTOP that weekend, so say two home gates of 4k. 12k shortage = 300k back straight away. Maybe half as much hospitality, so 350k back. A decrease in police/security/stewarding costs, and it looks even better. We're already under the 100 extra STs MJ reckons we need. 200k+ is going to be sore, for sure, but a lot less sore than getting drybummed by the zombies.

Medium term, all clubs, including Killie, will enjoy a cleaner atmosphere at games, and attendances will come back slightly with the increased chance of on-field success. Some orcs may shed their skins and become decent members of society, who still want to see a game at the weekend. The planet will benefit from the lack of diesel being burnt transporting the redwhiteblue hordes to ibrox every second week.

Long term, kids in A*rshire who have an interest in football will be more likely to follow their local side. This will benefit Killie, and that lot down the road. Which is fine, because even A*r deserve better.

With regards to Wallace, if he TUPE's over to Sevco, would the money owed to Hearts transfer with it? A bit like buying a car which has existing finance on it, you become liable? I'm sure Hearts could argue for it somehow. (Far more likely than RV can argue the Jelavic money anyway)

Only if it impacts upon both leagues, i.e. additional play-off promotion relegation between SPL and Division 1. If that were mooted the SPL will reject it; enough of the chairmen have taken the big decision and will not be wanting to piss off their fans by antaganising them on this. Otherwise it is a decision for the SFL clubs alone.

I see what you mean. But it's an SPL and SFL merger thats being mentioned. Because of the newco. I'm not against the idea in principle, just against it happening for the primary benefit of one club that doesnt even exist. Let's have these talks but only once we actually know what clubs will be playing in what leagues.

i was listening live on saturday

he seemed to think a pathetic playoff place was so valuable it would be worth letting them in for........

Am I right in saying that no-one in any position of authority who has a connection, past or present, with the OF has had the backbone to actually state their opinion on this mess ?

It's all mumblings as far as I can see. Wish someone would grow a pair.

We keep getting told that losing rangers will cost oh, I dunno, think of a number and add loads of noughts on pounds per season. What do people base these figures on?

Take Killie for instance. Say we got two home games against the orcs. For a normal league match against them, we get around 10k. Say, for argument's sake, no home fans go so that's 25*10 = 250k per match. So, for two home matches, we'd lose 500k, call it 600k with hospitality. Roughly 2000 STs. So we're going to struggle to make that shortfall, right?

Well, short-term, SOMEBODY is going to come to TTOP that weekend, so say two home gates of 4k. 12k shortage = 300k back straight away. Maybe half as much hospitality, so 350k back. A decrease in police/security/stewarding costs, and it looks even better. We're already under the 100 extra STs MJ reckons we need. 200k+ is going to be sore, for sure, but a lot less sore than getting drybummed by the zombies.

Medium term, all clubs, including Killie, will enjoy a cleaner atmosphere at games, and attendances will come back slightly with the increased chance of on-field success. Some orcs may shed their skins and become decent members of society, who still want to see a game at the weekend. The planet will benefit from the lack of diesel being burnt transporting the redwhiteblue hordes to ibrox every second week.

Long term, kids in A*rshire who have an interest in football will be more likely to follow their local side. This will benefit Killie, and that lot down the road. Which is fine, because even A*r deserve better.

Hope we get a 2 cup replay against your lot this year, would cover a decent chunk of lost revenue for you & a wee financial bonus for us

who needs the rangers when were due a win against yewink.gif

He could move on loan also. Charles Green appears to be a shrewd customer, so he wouldn't want the players transferring to the NEWCO if it was going to damage his consortiums bank account

Comedy gold, pure comedy gold :lol: :lol: :lol:

Am I right in saying that no-one in any position of authority who has a connection, past or present, with the OF has had the backbone to actually state their opinion on this mess ?

It's all mumblings as far as I can see. Wish someone would grow a pair.

well terry butcher & stuart mccall said they should be welcomed back with open arms months ago (i think, appologies if untrue) otherwise i think your right

who is lee wallace's agent btwlaugh.gif

why would he possibly advise him this is a good move for his careeer

what if the rangers get parachuted to the third division , that will f**k up his international career surely

That is fine (if optimistic for match day income) the bigger kick in the balls is when the SPL doesn't generate as much in sponsorship, advertising, tv rights etc. then you can add a couple of 100ks to that and suddenly you have a £0.5m hole in the accounts which is huge for clubs with turnovers around £4m and are already running at new bare bones.

who is lee wallace's agent btwlaugh.gif

why would he possibly advise him this is a good move for his careeer

what if the rangers get parachuted to the third division , that will f**k up his international career surely.

I think the real reason behind this maybe that the SFA has told his agent that Wallace won't be allowed to move anywhere until newco pays Hearts the £800K that is still due on his transfer. I think it's due for payment on 1 July.

Any sign of anything happening today, or is it all just a load of Talksport crap and rubbish in the DR?

I did notice Raith telling them to beat it. Well done, after SuperAlly's shameful outburst over the SFA panel.

Now joined by Falkirk FC. Wish my Chairman would grow a set and do the same. :angry: Blinded by £ signs though!