Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Surely the newco cant play anybody? They're not a member of the SFA and havent even applied for membership yet. Any team playing them would be breaking FIFA rules and landing themselves in the shit.

To be honest, I have no idea. I'd be surprised if Rangers 2 are able to enter that tournament.

Just had a quick check and the Catalan XI national side have played matches against proper FIFA/UEFA nations recently - I reckon this card could get played and 'The Rangers XI' turn out in this tournament.

Having said that, with two players signed up it would be interesting to see!

Rangers XI to face Arsenal;

Nobody

Nobody Kirk Broadfoot Nobody Lee Wallace

Jimmy Bell Lee McCulloch Nobody Nobody

Nobody Nobody

My team sheet (nicked from elsewhere) :-

Club 12 starting XI

Allan McGonner

Stephen Whitcontract

Dorin Gone

Adios Bocanegra

Tata Papac

Gone Aluko

Release McCabe

Leave Davis

Free Wallace

Steven Naicontract

Solong Kerkar

Have we all seen this? Its a great laugh. Roddy has sensed that things might not be too braw down Ibrox way, but don't worry folks - he's got a cunning plan!

You'd have to have a heart of stone not to laugh

Key paragraph if you're a bit pushed for time:

'According to a well-placed source, Green had budgeted for three possible outcomes; life in the SPL, life in the Third Division and also for a year spent as the footballing equivalent of the Harlem Globetrotters should the Appellate Tribunal ban them from playing in Scotland.'

Theme tune whistled by BROTHER Bones!!!

Tarrier tune IMO

In Leggo's latest piece, he seems to think that if or when fraud is uncovered,

the clock will somehow be wound back and all will be as before.

In cases where fraud has resulted in misery for thousands, the usual outcome is

that these unfortunates have to accept it and carry on as best they can.

I know that this thread is full of analogies but here is another one. The Rangers situation is a bit like a pub bouncer turning people away at the door. The attitude is 'we don't want your type in here'. So far they have been turned away from the SPL door and there is a strong threat that they are going to get rejected from the First Division door. The question is. What are the chances of them getting turned away from the Third Division?

Do teams not often circumvent this by playing an XI e.g. it will be a Rangers XI playing in a Rangers strip rather than an official Rangers team?

Like when pub teams get to play a big team's 'XI' and it's made up of old boys and youths.

That would let a rangers XI play a pub team. Both unregistered. But dont think Arsenal, as an FA registered team, could send out their first team against an unregistered team. Arsenal would be breaking the rules.

There may be 'special' circumstances when it can happen. Dont know, but again I think that would be something that would need to be applied for.

I know that this thread is full of analogies but here is another one. The Rangers situation is a bit like a pub bouncer turning people away at the door. The attitude is 'we don't want your type in here'. So far they have been turned away from the SPL door and there is a strong threat that they are going to get rejected from the First Division door. The question is. What are the chances of them getting turned away from the Third Division?

The third division is basically Fury Murrays.

Exclusive:

Rangers team to face Arsenal:

Buffon

Cole

Pique

Terry

Lahm

Xavi

Schweinsteiger

Modric

Ronaldo

Balotelli

Torres

....all desperate to sign soon as Euro 2012 is over.

At least 6 of those don't fit in with Newcomedia's new/old signing criteria.

http://www.telegraph...lavic-debt.html

There has been some uncertainty (but not in my mind) about whether Sevco is now The Rangers and is The Rangers

the same as the old Rangers.

Does the history carry over, do the debts and punishments carry over, etc, etc

Could this move by Rapid Vienna at least settle the matter as far as football officialdom is concerned?

Surely the outcome will determine just who owes what to whom and who is considered to be who?

Or is that too much to ask for?

So if they sell Lee Wallace would Hearts also have a case ?