Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I pose this as a general question too, not just at the club formerly known as Rangers: I have read a lot of comments that Rangers and their supporters are being punished for the actions of individuals, and it isn't Rangers fault, it's those dodgy individuals. So, Minty, Whytey, and any associated individual chancers deserve to have their stones booted, but 'Rangers' shouldn't be held responsible. If anyone buys into this, then just what is any football club actually responsible for? If my own chairman and BOD had decided to spend a few million on an attempt to 'reach the next level' and 'chase the dream' of a European place... if we'd went tits-up into administration or worse, I'd fully expect St Mirren as a club to face the consequences. The individuals in the boardroom of any club form a board of directors, who make decisions for their clubs. Anything from sanctioning a player purchase, to renovating the dressing rooms, to changing kit suppliers.....to willfully witholding tax and PAYE.

It seems to me that it's only when nasty stuff happens, it becomes a case of a big boy did it and ran away. When it's good stuff, oh, let's say... like winning 9 titles in a row, then everything is cushty.

http://www.telegraph...lavic-debt.html

There has been some uncertainty (but not in my mind) about whether Sevco is now The Rangers and is The Rangers

the same as the old Rangers.

Does the history carry over, do the debts and punishments carry over, etc, etc

Could this move by Rapid Vienna at least settle the matter as far as football officialdom is concerned?

Surely the outcome will determine just who owes what to whom and who is considered to be who?

Or is that too much to ask for?

I can't see how any 'outstanding' transactions committed under the OldCo can transfer over (unlike the assets, which were bought and paid for). Especially when SevCo isn't actually a registered football club as yet.

However, many strange things have happened...

alex thomson@alextomo This should amuse all fans of all colours who've a sense of humour http://i48.tinypic.com/2s1rh8p.gif

alex thomson@alextomo

Pls send me any links to any more egs of internet creative sparkle arising from the Rangers saga. We might even put them on telly.

Oh Tomo, we have plenty. Brace yourself... :ph34r:

I pose this as a general question too, not just at the club formerly known as Rangers: I have read a lot of comments that Rangers and their supporters are being punished for the actions of individuals, and it isn't Rangers fault, it's those dodgy individuals. So, Minty, Whytey, and any associated individual chancers deserve to have their stones booted, but 'Rangers' shouldn't be held responsible. If anyone buys into this, then just what is any football club actually responsible for? If my own chairman and BOD had decided to spend a few million on an attempt to 'reach the next level' and 'chase the dream' of a European place... if we'd went tits-up into administration or worse, I'd fully expect St Mirren as a club to face the consequences. The individuals in the boardroom of any club form a board of directors, who make decisions for their clubs. Anything from sanctioning a player purchase, to renovating the dressing rooms, to changing kit suppliers.....to willfully witholding tax and PAYE.

It seems to me that it's only when nasty stuff happens, it becomes a case of a big boy did it and ran away. When it's good stuff, oh, let's say... like winning 9 titles in a row, then everything is cushty.

Ah but remember it's also not their fault when their fans kill or injure opposing fans because they wear a different colour top to them. Or when their wives/girlfriends get battered. Or when they sing their songs in the stands. Or cause damage to property. Or go on the rampage............ad infinitum.

The rules talk about entities who 'own and operate' clubs. The operation of the club may well be messed up by owners, but it is the club who take the punishment

Rangers supporters: It's not fair, everyone is against us, why does nobody listen to the common fans!?

Teams ask fans for opinions on Rangers newco

Rangers supporters: This whole 'we'll give the fans a voice' is cowardice by all the clubs. The directors of the clubs have a duty to look after their own club and Scottish football in general. How does killing the golden goose help anybody? Everyone knows that if you ask fans opinion you will always get the most negative opinions shouted loudest. All those with positive ideas either are drowned out or will not speak up for fear of appearing out of step with the perceived political line. No matter how demented it is.

Edited by Broccoli Dog

I reckon there would be, as ever, a difference in how this is viewed by fans and how it is viewed by the game's authorites.

Similar shenanigans are afoot in Italy with Juve and, as far as I can tell, the other clubs aint too pleased...

TURIN, Italy (AP)—Serie A champion Juventus says the team’s shirts next season will feature the words “30 on the pitch” in reference to the two titles that were stripped from the club.

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/news?slug=ap-juventus-shirts

There are more detailed articles about this somewhere, but this was just from a quick search so should give the jist...

I've had no reply from Ayr either.

I emailed Queen of the South - and got a pretty immediate (cut and paste?) response :-

"Nice to hear from you.

You can rest assured that if and when the Board of QOS asked fortheir opinion, they will do so with the best interests of QOS and Scottishfootball at heart."

At least he was pleased to hear from me....

Edited by Rusty 218

The rules talk about entities who 'own and operate' clubs. The operation of the club may well be messed up by owners, but it is the club who take the punishment

My point exactly. If Milne fcuks up at Pittodrie, Aberdeen suffer. If Yorkston fcuks up at EEP, Dunfermline suffer, if Gilmour fcuks up at the Feegie Dinkydome, St Mirren suffer.... them's the breaks.

Rangers fans attempting to use the 'big boy did it and ran away' defence need to get a grip.

For all those media muppets and orcs that are mourning the death of not just their club but scottish football, ask yourselves one question.............

What would you all do if tomorrow the english FA offered rankers 2.0 a place in league 2 of englerland?

Because you can bet every penny in Harry Redknapp's dog's account that they would be away like a rat down a drainpipe and wouldn't even look back to give us a wave.

So please spare us your pish, because the only people you are trying to convince are yourselves.

You`re all deluded.... I never realised that Scotland had so many legal experts and tax experts all playing on the same forum and don`t even get me started on the subject of "sporting integrity" experts. How do you measure sporting integrity by the way?

You cannot measure it, but you can be sure that it is definitely not there when a entirely new entity is granted access straight into the nation's top flight because of the size of their fanbase. There can be no such preferential treatment.

Why are Rangers fans trying to make this into some moral struggle where your lot is facing a mob of hate filled bigots? You know just as well as everyone else that their wouldn't even be a vote if it was anybody else than Rangers or Celtic that went bust. You should stop making such a big fuss and just accept the current situation that it probably is going to be SFL3 for you. Stop behaving like a spoiled teen girl that starts crying when she doesn't get her way.

Have we all seen this? Its a great laugh. Roddy has sensed that things might not be too braw down Ibrox way, but don't worry folks - he's got a cunning plan!

You'd have to have a heart of stone not to laugh

Key paragraph if you're a bit pushed for time:

'According to a well-placed source, Green had budgeted for three possible outcomes; life in the SPL, life in the Third Division and also for a year spent as the footballing equivalent of the Harlem Globetrotters should the Appellate Tribunal ban them from playing in Scotland.'

To Green and Whyte we could add Meadowlark LEMON.