Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

You`re all deluded.... I never realised that Scotland had so many legal experts and tax experts all playing on the same forum

Scotland has a relatively large financial and banking sector - it's fair to say that Scotland probably does have a lot of legal and tax experts, no doubt some on this very forum. Indeed, Rangers woes may have been eased somewhat had they bothered instructing some of these Scottish legal experts at some point.

and don`t even get me started on the subject of "sporting integrity" experts. How do you measure sporting integrity by the way?

By not engaging in a sustained effort to unfairly gain a competitive advantage by defrauding Her Majesty's Revenues and Customs?

You`re all deluded.... I never realised that Scotland had so many legal experts and tax experts all playing on the same forum and don`t even get me started on the subject of "sporting integrity" experts. How do you measure sporting integrity by the way?

Judging by the way that the people charged with the responsibility of looking after the interests of their own clubs (ie Chairmen, Boards of Directors )and also tasked with the responsibility of running their own league, ie member clubs of the SPL, have been and are still currently behaving, then its absolutely no surprise that the Scottish game is in the state that it is. Greed, delusion,fear, self-interest, procrastination are just some of the character traits that are currently being portrayed by the afore-mentioned office bearers for each of the respective clubs. They are to busy trying to be seen to be pleasing the "rent-a-mob fan base" that have suddenly surfaced waving the sporting integrity banner in one hand and their club colours in the other hand. To pass a decision of this magnitude over to the afore mentioned rent-a-mob fans is nothing short of ridiculous (it`s also a breach of their fiduciary duties as a Company Director) It would appear that not one of them has had the courage to actually say "NO COMMENT " when being asked which way their club will vote on July 04th whilst at the same time actually then looking at all the COMMERCIAL implications of rejecting an application for NEWCO to join the SPL. By pandering to the rent-a-mob they are collectively signing the death warrant of the game in Scotland and consigning the SPL to years in the doldrums. I`ll guarantee you that all the so called "supporters" who have been on the forums, newspapers, radio etc over this saga will be the very same ones who will be on the same media vehicles a year from now complaining about the state of Scottish football and how poorly regarded we are by the rest of the world,we need league re-construction,oh woe is me, etc..................... do these so called office bearers currently charged with making these decisions today really think that all the rent-a-mob fans are going to be digging deep into their pockets and turning out in the middle of winter when moneys tight, Xmas is coming and the weathers crap because Dundee/Dunfermline/Club 12 are coming calling. The rent-a-mob fans will be out shopping with their wives,sitting at home on their key boards typing crap about something else,sitting watching the darts on TV.......the only thing they won`t be doing is out supporting their clubs. It will be a similar story in the last quarter of the season as well because 99% of them will have ZERO to play for. So by the end of the coming season each of the clubs (the ones that survive,because Administration is a heart beat away for at least 2 of them) will then see the real effects of the decision made this season. Budgets and revenues will be slashed to levels that will then finish the job of consigning the SPL to a level that it will never recover from. This decision will send ripples through the Scottish game right down to grass roots level so the SFL, Junior and Amateur leagues are all going to feel the effects of this decison for years to come.

Before the brain surgeons,doctors,protectors of sporting integrity,rent-a-mob start beating their key boards to death with their sarcastic, un-witty responses finished with just the right measure of bile, I`d like to point out that at no point have I condoned ANY of the actions of Rangers or the previous administration at the club. They will have to deal with the ramifications of their actions for years to come.In the fullness of time the criminal investigation will hopefully lead to the right people being called to account at all levels.

You should all be honest and admit that none of the current out pouring is being done in the name of "sporting integrity" or because you think that your club has been hard done to at some point by Rangers. You are being carried along with the mob mentality which says more about our current society than anything else has ever done in the last 50 years. I was fortunate enough to have played professional football at a decent level and I know what goes on behind the scenes of clubs up and down the country and some of it isn`t pretty nor legal. If you are all really hell bent on "sporting integrity" then you should now be lobbying the powers that be (SFA,SPL,SFL) to carry out an audit of ALL the member clubs on the same basis as the audit carried out on Rangers. " Without fear or favour " I believe was the phrase used by Stewart Regan and Neil Doncaster on several occassions. Mr Regan and Mr Doncasters respective panels would be snowed under with the "prima facae" evidence of financial mis-management,contractual irregularities and overall general bad management at every member club. What then????

I have good memories from football and I`ll share those memories with my son`s and let them watch the DVD`s of what the game used to be like in Scotland. I`ll encourage them to play football and enjoy it for what it is now but I`ll also enjoy taking them fishing,golfing and any other outdoor pursuits that catch my eye because football at a serious level in Scotland is now officially in decline after the keys to the asylum were handed over to the patients.

Last one out please make sure you turn the lights off...........

I thought Jim Traynor didn't do internet message boards? :unsure:

So are you one of the legal or tax experts? Did you play for every club and have intimate knowledge of their workings? wink.gif

He is an expert on everything it seems. He can "guarantee" we will all be sitting at home watching the darts when our clubs are in Admin. So he is an expert on tax, the law, sociology, and a clairvoyant. Quite a talented guy.

Traynor today still saying that Newco Gers are about to be demoted to the SFL1 - says it's deal done.... but also promoting the 'lack of integrity' that decision displays by not punting them all the way down to the 3rd.

Why can they not effin realise that being allowed in any division AT ALL is being generous - and it's not effin demotion!!

Traynor

:lol:

That's the most blatant bit of bandwagon jumping that I've seen for years. He really is a trumpet.

Can someone PLEASE phone Talksport to put that fat c**t Brazil right?

I wish I was eloquent enough to phone him and put him straight. He's still trotting out the "SPL won't survive without Rangers" line. It's brutal listening to be honest, I'm only remaining tuned in to see if someone calls up to rip him a new one!!

So please, can someone, ANYONE, get this arsehole tuned in!!

Rant over!

The man is a total tube! he doenst know a thing about scottish football.

hes not getting my liver thats for sure!

It`s obviously not clear enough to all the brain surgeons and protectors of sporting integrity out there so I`ll put it in CAPITAL LETTERS and even make them BOLD for you all.

AT NO TIME IN THE PAST HAVE I EVER HAD ANY AFFILIATION RANGERS/NEWCO/SEVCO OR WHATEVER ANAGRAM,NAME OR EUPHAMISM THAT YOU ARE CURRENTLY NAMING THEM UNDER.AT NO TIME IN THE FUTURE WILL I EVER HAVE ANY AFFILIATION WITH RANGERS/NEWCO/SEVCO ETC. HOPEFULLY THATS CLEAR ENOUGH TO EVERYONE.

My rent-a-mob quote stands and judging by the responses already posted who think I`m posting out of some mis-guided loyalty or support for Rangers, the quote is well justified. Try and read between the lines and at least have some form of original thoughts for yourselves befor it gets really embarressing.

I

Aw, you're just another Rangers apologist then? I bet you think Hugh Keevins, Jim Traynor, and Chic Young are all informative journalists with non-biased views that are backed up with facts and rational opinions.

That's probably worse, I bet people just agree with you, so they can stop listening to the utter pish that you spout.

Probably already been posted but I hope fans and directors of Albion Rovers, Berwick, Brechin, Stenhousemuir and Stranraer have good memories :)

Naughty buns

IRONY will be at the forefront of the minds of certain members of the Scottish Football League with long memories when they vote on the future of The Rangers. Five clubs which will be involved in determining which division the Ibrox club will play in next season Albion Rovers, Berwick Rangers, Brechin City, Stenhousemuir and Stranraer may think back 48 years when the boot was on the other foot.

In 1964, this gang of five survived an attempt to oust them from senior football in a move led by Rangers. The Glasgow giants wanted to reduce the number of clubs in the then top two divisions from 37 to 32 and proposed that the minnows should drop out.

Rangers proposed that the five clubs with the smallest gate receipts should be kicked out and were at the vanguard of moves to make it happen, including sending out correspondence to the other member clubs and deliberately excluding the targeted clubs.

EDIT: Definitely already been posted :lol:

Edited by Guest

You`re all deluded.... I never realised that Scotland had so many legal experts and tax experts all playing on the same forum and don`t even get me started on the subject of "sporting integrity" experts. How do you measure sporting integrity by the way?

Judging by the way that the people charged with the responsibility of looking after the interests of their own clubs (ie Chairmen, Boards of Directors )and also tasked with the responsibility of running their own league, ie member clubs of the SPL, have been and are still currently behaving, then its absolutely no surprise that the Scottish game is in the state that it is. Greed, delusion,fear, self-interest, procrastination are just some of the character traits that are currently being portrayed by the afore-mentioned office bearers for each of the respective clubs. They are to busy trying to be seen to be pleasing the "rent-a-mob fan base" that have suddenly surfaced waving the sporting integrity banner in one hand and their club colours in the other hand. To pass a decision of this magnitude over to the afore mentioned rent-a-mob fans is nothing short of ridiculous (it`s also a breach of their fiduciary duties as a Company Director) It would appear that not one of them has had the courage to actually say "NO COMMENT " when being asked which way their club will vote on July 04th whilst at the same time actually then looking at all the COMMERCIAL implications of rejecting an application for NEWCO to join the SPL. By pandering to the rent-a-mob they are collectively signing the death warrant of the game in Scotland and consigning the SPL to years in the doldrums. I`ll guarantee you that all the so called "supporters" who have been on the forums, newspapers, radio etc over this saga will be the very same ones who will be on the same media vehicles a year from now complaining about the state of Scottish football and how poorly regarded we are by the rest of the world,we need league re-construction,oh woe is me, etc..................... do these so called office bearers currently charged with making these decisions today really think that all the rent-a-mob fans are going to be digging deep into their pockets and turning out in the middle of winter when moneys tight, Xmas is coming and the weathers crap because Dundee/Dunfermline/Club 12 are coming calling. The rent-a-mob fans will be out shopping with their wives,sitting at home on their key boards typing crap about something else,sitting watching the darts on TV.......the only thing they won`t be doing is out supporting their clubs. It will be a similar story in the last quarter of the season as well because 99% of them will have ZERO to play for. So by the end of the coming season each of the clubs (the ones that survive,because Administration is a heart beat away for at least 2 of them) will then see the real effects of the decision made this season. Budgets and revenues will be slashed to levels that will then finish the job of consigning the SPL to a level that it will never recover from. This decision will send ripples through the Scottish game right down to grass roots level so the SFL, Junior and Amateur leagues are all going to feel the effects of this decison for years to come.

Before the brain surgeons,doctors,protectors of sporting integrity,rent-a-mob start beating their key boards to death with their sarcastic, un-witty responses finished with just the right measure of bile, I`d like to point out that at no point have I condoned ANY of the actions of Rangers or the previous administration at the club. They will have to deal with the ramifications of their actions for years to come.In the fullness of time the criminal investigation will hopefully lead to the right people being called to account at all levels.

You should all be honest and admit that none of the current out pouring is being done in the name of "sporting integrity" or because you think that your club has been hard done to at some point by Rangers. You are being carried along with the mob mentality which says more about our current society than anything else has ever done in the last 50 years. I was fortunate enough to have played professional football at a decent level and I know what goes on behind the scenes of clubs up and down the country and some of it isn`t pretty nor legal. If you are all really hell bent on "sporting integrity" then you should now be lobbying the powers that be (SFA,SPL,SFL) to carry out an audit of ALL the member clubs on the same basis as the audit carried out on Rangers. " Without fear or favour " I believe was the phrase used by Stewart Regan and Neil Doncaster on several occassions. Mr Regan and Mr Doncasters respective panels would be snowed under with the "prima facae" evidence of financial mis-management,contractual irregularities and overall general bad management at every member club. What then????

I have good memories from football and I`ll share those memories with my son`s and let them watch the DVD`s of what the game used to be like in Scotland. I`ll encourage them to play football and enjoy it for what it is now but I`ll also enjoy taking them fishing,golfing and any other outdoor pursuits that catch my eye because football at a serious level in Scotland is now officially in decline after the keys to the asylum were handed over to the patients.

Sevco season ticket holder.. rolleyes.gif

Traynor today still saying that Newco Gers are about to be demoted to the SFL1 - says it's deal done.... but also promoting the 'lack of integrity' that decision displays by not punting them all the way down to the 3rd.

Why can they not effin realise that being allowed in any division AT ALL is being generous - and it's not effin demotion!!

Traynor

There was a guy called Jim Traynor who assured us that Ally McCoist would leave his job within 48 hours; that was over a week ago. Is this the same Jim Traynor?

Probably already been posted but I hope fans and directors of Albion Rovers, Berwick, Brechin, Stenhousemuir and Stranraer have good memories :)

Naughty buns

EDIT: Definitely already been posted :lol:

Aye, it has been referred to before, but the Scotsman reporter Craig P Stewart has simplified the story somewhat, very much glossing over Rangers' (at that time) motives, and the time scales.

There was a guy called Jim Traynor who has somehow managed to be sports editor of the Record and a regular on the radio despite seemingly having no clue what is actually going on in the world of sport. Is this the same Jim Traynor?

Fixed for you

TL;DR

I understand peoples hatred of rangers on here but what i dont understand is why everyone is rejoicing and saying its going to be good for scottish football, it was awful as it was with a 2 horse race but now its just going to be a one horse race celtic will be out of sight come october the league will be even more of a laughing stock than it was before, i cant even understand why celtic fans are happy about this as the old firm rivalry is one of the greatest in world football and now its gone and you'se are all making it out to be a good thing, utter madness!! Celtic arent going to go bust either so it will be them romping the league and cups for ever more

Daily Record reader. NAP.

There was a guy called Jim Traynor who assured us that Ally McCoist would leave his job within 48 hours; that was over a week ago. Is this the same Jim Traynor?

Tuesday Trivia.

Traynor's middle name is Sexton.

Wiki definition :-

A sexton is a church, congregation, or synagogue officer charged with the maintenance of its buildings and/or the surrounding graveyard.

Historically in North America and the United Kingdom the "sexton" was sometimes a minor municipal official responsible for overseeing the town graveyard. In the United Kingdom the position still exists today, related to management of the community's graveyard.

Amongst the traditional duties of the sexton in small parishes was the digging of graves—the gravedigger in Hamlet refers to himself as sexton, for example.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rather apt.

Dig away, Jim, dig away ! :D

(Och, I know this is childish pish but what the f**k...... :)

Edited by Florentine_Pogen