Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Disaster for Charles Green, as he may actually have to attempt to pay wages:

STV Sport@STVSport Lee Wallace says he will report for training at Rangers on Thursday despite club not playing in SPL next season http://bit.ly/NGybr1

Yes, the Rangers media guy is trying to spin it as "Lee Wallace pledges future to the club". Nope, he's just said that he'll turn up at training, and expects - unlike Hearts - to be fully paid. Though he's now got instant hero status on Rangers Media. Until he leaves.

http://historicwarriors.comuv.com/index_files/page0053.htm

In the summer of 1964, the fans of the Warriors, and four other small clubs, were shocked to discover that the other 32 clubs in the Scottish League were planning to dissolve the structure in place, and replace it with two new leagues of 16 teams. The plan, instigated by Rangers, had been revealed, secretly, to the 31 other selected teams at two April meetings held at the home of the Glasgow club, Ibrox. Albion Rovers, Berwick Rangers, Brechin City, Stranraer and Stenhousemuir would have no part to play in Scottish senior football if Rangers got their way.

The secret plans, according to Rangers, would make for a more competitive, attractive league set-up. However, for the excluded five, the scheme would possibly signal their demise, especially as in the mid-sixties, smaller clubs were highly dependent on pools money distributed by the Scottish League at £35 a point. In the season just ended, 1963-4, the Warriors gaining 35 points, were awarded £1225, a not inconsiderable sum at a time when many clubs were under pressure of extinction. Only three years later, Third Lanark, neighbours of Rangers, would go out of business, and the Steedman brothers were in the process of trying to kill off East Stirlingshire.

Previous efforts to restructure the leagues had ended in deadlock, therefore secretly Rangers were making an attempt to wind up the structure in place, and enforce one of their choosing. Of course, emotions ran high in Larbert and Stenhousemuir when the underhand plans were revealed. However, resentment and rage as sentiments themselves would not have halted the iniquitous scheme. Two special elements arrested the Rangers expulsion plans although it took four years to finally win a great victory!

Firstly, Jim Weir, the Warriors indomitable secretary, and Robert Turpie, committee man and Glasgow solicitor, formed a formidable partnership in forging a united approach from the five, and using every legal avenue open to rescue the situation. And secondly, although the press sided with Rangers in their illogical attempts at bullying, the 31 bedfellows gradually became more and more uneasy. In fact, at one of the secret meetings, on 28th April 1964, Alloa Athletic, Arbroath, Ayr United, Cowdenbeath, Dumbarton, East Fife, Montrose, Queen's Park, Raith Rovers and Stirling Albion were told that if they did not agree with the proposals, and vote with Rangers, then anyone of them could be expelled in place of one or more of the five.

Mr Turpie won an interim interdict on May 26th 1964, preventing Rangers winding up the structure at the Scottish League AGM two days later. This victory was short lived, although Rangers were finding support for their plans evaporating. Twenty-seven clubs led by Rangers issued a summons against the five in October 1964, and against five other clubs (including neighbours East Stirlingshire and Celtic, now powerful ally for the five). The summons stated that the Ibrox side should be allowed to submit winding up papers at a future meeting of the League .

The process of law is protracted. In November 1965, Lord Avonside rejected the majority of the preliminary defence pleas put forward by the five in opposition to Rangers: the five then turned to the Inner House of the Court of Session, who took over a year to issue a judgement. In December 1966, the Avonside decision was upheld. Nonetheless in February of that year, Stirling Albion had indicated withdrawal of support for the Rangers scheme.

The lowest point came in July 1967, when one of the five co- defendants was forced to give up the legal fight due to spiralling legal costs. This could have been the end of the fight. However, the four others agreed to meet any further legal costs, while, on the surface, the five looked to remain 'as one',

In the meantime, the support of those clubs remaining on the side of the Ibrox giants was weakening.

Even so it came as a huge surprise when on 7th November 1967, Rangers announced an out of court settlement had been reached with the five, which meant that, in exchange for a withdrawal of legal proceedings, the five could stay as part of any future new league set up! A Special General Meeting in April 1968 confirmed the status of the five, where a Brechin City proposal found the necessary two-thirds majority with ease. The greatest victory?

No idea what's up with Traynor but he seems to have done a complete u-turn. Clearly he has realised he was backing the wrong horse all along and is now trying to weasel his way in with the good guys! :huh:

The 'secret' meetings between SFL chairmen does concern me and the rumour that Starnraer will vote to have them in 1st Division - Why on earth would they do that?

As far as I can see there are 2 things which could happen to make Traynors suggested 'done deal' happen:

1) SFL clubs have been talked round/given incentives to vote to allow newco into 1st Division. What is in it for 2nd and 3rd division is a total mystery to me though.

2) SPL clubs have been advised by Donkeymaster that the punishment for newco is going to be some madly contrived relegation deal to 1st division therefore all the 'No' votes as they can do this to appease fans knowing deal already done.

Fans of all clubs (including SPL) need to continue to communicate to chairmen that anything other than newco applying for entry to 3rd division is unacceptable and will result in season ticket refund requests and boycotts.

Normally listen to TalkSport in the morning but today Alan Brazil is just proving how little he knows about football north of the border.

He said to Ray Wilkins earlier that now that rankers are looking like they will be out of the SPL they will probably pull out all the stops to try and get into the english set-up.

This was quickly followed by some fuckwit orc going on about how the original name of the club was The Rangers and that only the company is being liquidated, not the club, that they will keep all of their titles, want to go to division 3, WATP, and the usual pish about being penalised by not being allowed to play in europe for 3 years.

Did Alan pick him up on any points? Nah, he just said "that's a great call."

TalkSport will now only being going on between 1pm-4pm during the week.

Alan Brazil -FANNY!!!!!!!!!!

You`re all deluded.... I never realised that Scotland had so many legal experts and tax experts all playing on the same forum and don`t even get me started on the subject of "sporting integrity" experts. How do you measure sporting integrity by the way?

Judging by the way that the people charged with the responsibility of looking after the interests of their own clubs (ie Chairmen, Boards of Directors )and also tasked with the responsibility of running their own league, ie member clubs of the SPL, have been and are still currently behaving, then its absolutely no surprise that the Scottish game is in the state that it is. Greed, delusion,fear, self-interest, procrastination are just some of the character traits that are currently being portrayed by the afore-mentioned office bearers for each of the respective clubs. They are to busy trying to be seen to be pleasing the "rent-a-mob fan base" that have suddenly surfaced waving the sporting integrity banner in one hand and their club colours in the other hand. To pass a decision of this magnitude over to the afore mentioned rent-a-mob fans is nothing short of ridiculous (it`s also a breach of their fiduciary duties as a Company Director) It would appear that not one of them has had the courage to actually say "NO COMMENT " when being asked which way their club will vote on July 04th whilst at the same time actually then looking at all the COMMERCIAL implications of rejecting an application for NEWCO to join the SPL. By pandering to the rent-a-mob they are collectively signing the death warrant of the game in Scotland and consigning the SPL to years in the doldrums. I`ll guarantee you that all the so called "supporters" who have been on the forums, newspapers, radio etc over this saga will be the very same ones who will be on the same media vehicles a year from now complaining about the state of Scottish football and how poorly regarded we are by the rest of the world,we need league re-construction,oh woe is me, etc..................... do these so called office bearers currently charged with making these decisions today really think that all the rent-a-mob fans are going to be digging deep into their pockets and turning out in the middle of winter when moneys tight, Xmas is coming and the weathers crap because Dundee/Dunfermline/Club 12 are coming calling. The rent-a-mob fans will be out shopping with their wives,sitting at home on their key boards typing crap about something else,sitting watching the darts on TV.......the only thing they won`t be doing is out supporting their clubs. It will be a similar story in the last quarter of the season as well because 99% of them will have ZERO to play for. So by the end of the coming season each of the clubs (the ones that survive,because Administration is a heart beat away for at least 2 of them) will then see the real effects of the decision made this season. Budgets and revenues will be slashed to levels that will then finish the job of consigning the SPL to a level that it will never recover from. This decision will send ripples through the Scottish game right down to grass roots level so the SFL, Junior and Amateur leagues are all going to feel the effects of this decison for years to come.

Before the brain surgeons,doctors,protectors of sporting integrity,rent-a-mob start beating their key boards to death with their sarcastic, un-witty responses finished with just the right measure of bile, I`d like to point out that at no point have I condoned ANY of the actions of Rangers or the previous administration at the club. They will have to deal with the ramifications of their actions for years to come.In the fullness of time the criminal investigation will hopefully lead to the right people being called to account at all levels.

You should all be honest and admit that none of the current out pouring is being done in the name of "sporting integrity" or because you think that your club has been hard done to at some point by Rangers. You are being carried along with the mob mentality which says more about our current society than anything else has ever done in the last 50 years. I was fortunate enough to have played professional football at a decent level and I know what goes on behind the scenes of clubs up and down the country and some of it isn`t pretty nor legal. If you are all really hell bent on "sporting integrity" then you should now be lobbying the powers that be (SFA,SPL,SFL) to carry out an audit of ALL the member clubs on the same basis as the audit carried out on Rangers. " Without fear or favour " I believe was the phrase used by Stewart Regan and Neil Doncaster on several occassions. Mr Regan and Mr Doncasters respective panels would be snowed under with the "prima facae" evidence of financial mis-management,contractual irregularities and overall general bad management at every member club. What then????

I have good memories from football and I`ll share those memories with my son`s and let them watch the DVD`s of what the game used to be like in Scotland. I`ll encourage them to play football and enjoy it for what it is now but I`ll also enjoy taking them fishing,golfing and any other outdoor pursuits that catch my eye because football at a serious level in Scotland is now officially in decline after the keys to the asylum were handed over to the patients.

Last one out please make sure you turn the lights off...........

Are you saying the SPL chairmen should ignore their supporters who are their main customers?

Are you saying the SPL as a whole should turn a blind eye to a team cheating in almost every match they played for nearly a decade?

Would you be happy to just sit and watch football even though you knew the outcome was rigged?

Normally listen to TalkSport in the morning but today Alan Brazil is just proving how little he knows about football north of the border.

He said to Ray Wilkins earlier that now that rankers are looking like they will be out of the SPL they will probably pull out all the stops to try and get into the english set-up.

This was quickly followed by some fuckwit orc going on about how the original name of the club was The Rangers and that only the company is being liquidated, not the club, that they will keep all of their titles, want to go to division 3, WATP, and the usual pish about being penalised by not being allowed to play in europe for 3 years.

Did Alan pick him up on any points? Nah, he just said "that's a great call."

TalkSport will now only being going on between 1pm-4pm during the week.

Alan Brazil -FANNY!!!!!!!!!!

The blue big was magnificent though. He'd obviously saved every single one of the Daily Records A-Z of misinformation and was given the time to go through every one of them then ended up with WATP. There was a quick click right after that so he didn't get No Surrender and God Save The Queen out.

Brazil's reaction was agree with him throughout the call then say how great the caller had been. He is proof of the OF bubble and they are indeed two cheeks of the same arse.

What would be the knock on effects, if any, be if the takeover was found to be fraudulent? I'm assuming none apart from some jail time for Whyte

According to Leggo it would all turn out fine because the big boys done it and ran away.

So the money owed to all of the creditors, the legal status of the company being in administration and later in liquidation, would all, in the world of Leggo, be laid aside and everything would be back to where it was last May.

I really hope he has someone looking after him.

Just tried to get on TalkSport. Spoke to a researcher and told her that i'd like to put Alan straight on a few points made by him and an earlier caller.

"Sorry, but we already have a number of callers waiting."

"Any that aren't rangers fans?"

"I'm not sure, sorry."

mad.gif

You`re all deluded.... I never realised that Scotland had so many legal experts and tax experts all playing on the same forum and don`t even get me started on the subject of "sporting integrity" experts. How do you measure sporting integrity by the way?

Judging by the way that the people charged with the responsibility of looking after the interests of their own clubs (ie Chairmen, Boards of Directors )and also tasked with the responsibility of running their own league, ie member clubs of the SPL, have been and are still currently behaving, then its absolutely no surprise that the Scottish game is in the state that it is. Greed, delusion,fear, self-interest, procrastination are just some of the character traits that are currently being portrayed by the afore-mentioned office bearers for each of the respective clubs. They are to busy trying to be seen to be pleasing the "rent-a-mob fan base" that have suddenly surfaced waving the sporting integrity banner in one hand and their club colours in the other hand. To pass a decision of this magnitude over to the afore mentioned rent-a-mob fans is nothing short of ridiculous (it`s also a breach of their fiduciary duties as a Company Director) It would appear that not one of them has had the courage to actually say "NO COMMENT " when being asked which way their club will vote on July 04th whilst at the same time actually then looking at all the COMMERCIAL implications of rejecting an application for NEWCO to join the SPL. By pandering to the rent-a-mob they are collectively signing the death warrant of the game in Scotland and consigning the SPL to years in the doldrums. I`ll guarantee you that all the so called "supporters" who have been on the forums, newspapers, radio etc over this saga will be the very same ones who will be on the same media vehicles a year from now complaining about the state of Scottish football and how poorly regarded we are by the rest of the world,we need league re-construction,oh woe is me, etc..................... do these so called office bearers currently charged with making these decisions today really think that all the rent-a-mob fans are going to be digging deep into their pockets and turning out in the middle of winter when moneys tight, Xmas is coming and the weathers crap because Dundee/Dunfermline/Club 12 are coming calling. The rent-a-mob fans will be out shopping with their wives,sitting at home on their key boards typing crap about something else,sitting watching the darts on TV.......the only thing they won`t be doing is out supporting their clubs. It will be a similar story in the last quarter of the season as well because 99% of them will have ZERO to play for. So by the end of the coming season each of the clubs (the ones that survive,because Administration is a heart beat away for at least 2 of them) will then see the real effects of the decision made this season. Budgets and revenues will be slashed to levels that will then finish the job of consigning the SPL to a level that it will never recover from. This decision will send ripples through the Scottish game right down to grass roots level so the SFL, Junior and Amateur leagues are all going to feel the effects of this decison for years to come.

Before the brain surgeons,doctors,protectors of sporting integrity,rent-a-mob start beating their key boards to death with their sarcastic, un-witty responses finished with just the right measure of bile, I`d like to point out that at no point have I condoned ANY of the actions of Rangers or the previous administration at the club. They will have to deal with the ramifications of their actions for years to come.In the fullness of time the criminal investigation will hopefully lead to the right people being called to account at all levels.

You should all be honest and admit that none of the current out pouring is being done in the name of "sporting integrity" or because you think that your club has been hard done to at some point by Rangers. You are being carried along with the mob mentality which says more about our current society than anything else has ever done in the last 50 years. I was fortunate enough to have played professional football at a decent level and I know what goes on behind the scenes of clubs up and down the country and some of it isn`t pretty nor legal. If you are all really hell bent on "sporting integrity" then you should now be lobbying the powers that be (SFA,SPL,SFL) to carry out an audit of ALL the member clubs on the same basis as the audit carried out on Rangers. " Without fear or favour " I believe was the phrase used by Stewart Regan and Neil Doncaster on several occassions. Mr Regan and Mr Doncasters respective panels would be snowed under with the "prima facae" evidence of financial mis-management,contractual irregularities and overall general bad management at every member club. What then????

I have good memories from football and I`ll share those memories with my son`s and let them watch the DVD`s of what the game used to be like in Scotland. I`ll encourage them to play football and enjoy it for what it is now but I`ll also enjoy taking them fishing,golfing and any other outdoor pursuits that catch my eye because football at a serious level in Scotland is now officially in decline after the keys to the asylum were handed over to the patients.

Yes I think you are right to keep your son away from Scottish football.

Of course there is a lot wrong with it, and still will be after Rangers have been chucked out. They might not be banned this time around, but they will be soon as the next pile of funny goings on come to light and the fraud squad do their business.

Scottish football needs cleaned up, but you must agree the best place to start is with the worst offender. The one that by its behaviour volunteers itself as corrupt and dysfunctional.

So Rangers it must be. Essential it is torn to pieces as should those who made it happen be punished. As for those who allowed it to happen, unfortunately there is little can be done about that. There are just too many of them.

Hopefully you weren't one of those who stood on the sidelines watching, claiming you were unable to do anything as a famous club with over 100 years of tradition slipped into oblivion.

If we do manage between us to bin this stain on Scotland I think it would be a good idea before every game for the first round of match in the league for all supporters to stand up and applaud each other for one minute.

And if anyone asks we'll just say we are mourning the passing of rankers 1.0. biggrin.gif

Edited by PeeTeeJag

I have already emailed Ayr and demanded that they refuse membership to any Newcorpse except to Division 3. Lachlan Cameron is in Barbados sipping his Pina Colada. Apparently.

Or in other words have got the square root of f**k all back.

I've had no reply from Ayr either.

According to Leggo it would all turn out fine because the big boys done it and ran away.

So the money owed to all of the creditors, the legal status of the company being in administration and later in liquidation, would all, in the world of Leggo, be laid aside and everything would be back to where it was last May.

I really hope he has someone looking after him.

Did he really say that? If that's true, why weren't Third Lanark resurrected after the Board of Trade inquiry, after all Bill Hiddleston had done a lot of illegal dealings, so it's the same scenario as The Late Rangers FC

See you later, you bunch of cheating b*****ds!!! biggrin.gif

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/9352507/Rapid-Vienna-report-Rangers-to-Fifa-over-Nikica-Jelavic-debt.html

There has been some uncertainty (but not in my mind) about whether Sevco is now The Rangers and is The Rangers

the same as the old Rangers.

Does the history carry over, do the debts and punishments carry over, etc, etc

Could this move by Rapid Vienna at least settle the matter as far as football officialdom is concerned?

Surely the outcome will determine just who owes what to whom and who is considered to be who?

Or is that too much to ask for?