Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Well done to the Wee Team and F*lk**k - I hope Yorkston's paying attention!

I reckon, like we saw with the SPL Chairmen, there's a tipping point involved.

If, say, Dundee and the Pars declared a "No" (meaning all those potentially available to join the SPL have rejected a one division parachute as an option) you'd then get Partick clarifying their position. Then you'd probably only need Morton on board - these are the best-supported teams SFL1 and at that point all the other chairmen would be thinking that the financial benefit may lie in league reconstruction PLUS Sevco having to work their way back up from the bottom.

BUT - they need to declare their "Vote No" intentions before the SFL Board - then SFL3 or nowt are the only options available to Sevco.

Keep on keepin' the faith!!!

Edited by funky_nomad

1340707194[/url]' post='6375192']

I know that this thread is full of analogies but here is another one. The Rangers situation is a bit like a pub bouncer turning people away at the door. The attitude is 'we don't want your type in here'. So far they have been turned away from the SPL door and there is a strong threat that they are going to get rejected from the First Division door. The question is. What are the chances of them getting turned away from the Third Division?

Apologies if this has been posted earlier, but under this analogy The Rangers are Derek Riordan.

Rangers = Derek Riordan, cost of Rangers < cost of Aidan McGeady

Just saw Alan mclaren on ssn spouting deluded pish ....talking bout lw still getting capped whilst playing in first ...offset do these fat morons nd a diagram?? Really Jackson saying newco to admin...would be a case of broken clock getting time right twice a day

enquiries@scotprem.com or possibly try neil.doncaster@scotprem.com

His former e-mail cockwomble@useless.c***s.com has been disabled.

Was wondering of Doncaster's salary has a 'bonus' element to it? Would make sense that when he came on board he had some incentive to increase the total turnover/income for all SPL clubs. This would be a mixture of sponsorship, gate receipts and TV income of course, and other bits and pieces.

This might explain some of his nonsensical utterances, which would have resulted in more money for him personally. :angry:

Can be something as simple as that which attempted to screw Scottish football for years.

Of course Scottish football will be here long after Doncaster has disappeared off to a better job elsewhere. He is of the 'here today, gone tomorrow' type. :unsure:

Just saw Alan mclaren on ssn spouting deluded pish ....talking bout lw still getting capped whilst playing in first ...offset do these fat morons nd a diagram?? Really Jackson saying newco to admin...would be a case of broken clock getting time right twice a day

Que?

If St Mirren fail to vote NO (I expect that we will ultimately chase them, as it goes), then I have a difficult decision to make.

I've been clear that I would not return to another SPL match if any NewCo were afforded direct entry, but it seems that I won't need to concern myself with such an outcome now. I would, however, have to decide what to do if St Mirren either vote YES (very unlikely, IMO), or fail to indicate how they would have voted in the event that Sevco withdraw their application to join the SPL and no formal vote ultimately takes place.

I want to show my support to those clubs that have had the balls to make a public statement, and also welcome the supporters of other clubs who have collectively brought us to this point. I would struggle, though, to continue to offer my support to St Mirren if we adopted a contrary position.

I very much hope I am not placed in a position whereby I have to make this decision. Come on Mr Gilmour, you still have time, along with your colleagues on the board, to signal your clear intent to do the right thing.

The closing date for the canvassing of 10000Hours CiC members views regarding the NewCo vote is at the end of play tomorrow. I expect we'll get a statement form the BoD of SMFC on Thursday or Friday at the latest. I hope to be planning for the season ahead thereafter.

Good on Raith. Always had a soft-spot for them as my late Uncle played for RR back in the day (and also had a spell with Hearts).

It saddens me that my own club haven't made a public statement of intent as yet, but I expect that to come soon.

drooper

who was your late uncle?

Was wondering of Doncaster's salary has a 'bonus' element to it? Would make sense that when he came on board he had some incentive to increase the total turnover/income for all SPL clubs. This would be a mixture of sponsorship, gate receipts and TV income of course, and other bits and pieces.

This might explain some of his nonsensical utterances, which would have resulted in more money for him personally. :angry:

Can be something as simple as that which attempted to screw Scottish football for years.

Of course Scottish football will be here long after Doncaster has disappeared off to a better job elsewhere. He is of the 'here today, gone tomorrow' type. :unsure:

Doncaster's breathtaking arrogance only helped to galvanise the diddy fans. He's scored a massive own goal with his presumptuous utterances and his stupid 1980s haircut.

I assume that when the dust settles on this sorry affair, the Scottish Football Museum at Hampden will need to update a few things, amend a few references, and generally mark the passing of a once-proud 'institution'. Lovely Jubbly.

Incidentally, I have an item that I loaned them on display in the museum. If you're ever in, try to find it. 8)

post-11339-0-77977700-1340717254_thumb.j

If Sevco get voted into the SFL while in admin do they start on -25 points?

I would find it unlikely that a newco club with financial difficulties would be granted a licence in the professional ranks.

On the idea of Sevco 5088 going in adminitstration, it would be amusing eh?