Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

First income for Sevco would be a cheque from Southampton for playing in that tournament - Ooooppps :lol:

Would not be surprised if Chick Green fails to submit his application to the SFA on Friday, think he knows the games up and has only the bricks and mortar to sell now.

And the buyers hoping to restart will be Team Wardrobe made up of Team Cardigan + John 'Bomber jacket' Brown + Andy 'The Gloves' Goram + Mark HATeley as far as I can see. Too late for next season though.

They may change from Team Wardrobe to Team Closet if Dark Mingwall joins as Fans spokesman

Edited by MEADOWXI

We're past that point as H&D agreed the transfer of contracts so oldco no longer retains the players' services. Worst Best administrators ever.

Because of TUPE, the players do not have to agree to transfer to the new company.

If they DO transfer, it must be under their existing contracts. i.e. big wages.

If they DO NOT transfer, they are free agents.

First income for Sevco would be a cheque from Southampton for playing in that tournament - Ooooppps :lol:

Would not be surprised if Chick Green fails to submit his application to the SFA on Friday, think he knows the games up and has only the bricks and mortar to sell now.

And the buyers hoping to restart will be Team Wardrobe made up of Team Cardigan + John 'Bomber jacket' Brown + Andy 'The Gloves' Goram + Mark HATeley as far as I can see. Too late for next season though.

They may change from Team Wardrobe to Team Closet if Dark Mingwall joins as Fans spokesman

That would be brilliant.

"Mark, John here, want to join the consortium?"

"Eh, let me check what's left in the 'fund' mate, if ya know what I mean."

Is it one of those by the end of midnight deadlines or 'before end of working day' ones? Just wondering so that I can plan ahead this weekend and make the mother of all parties Friday rather than Saturday.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Did the female debt guru on Newsnight a few weeks ago not say that "The Rangers" could only be a temporary measure and that when BDO moved in, one of the first things they would have to do was get another name that did not associate itself with the old company, so it doesnt look like they will be able to use anything with Rangers in it

I believe that is correct.

See my avatar :)

edit for typo

Edited by cyderspaceman

Brown will today seek talks with fans' groups.

But he insisted: "Since no one from the Rangers regime has had the balls to do, as a former Hamilton and Dundee player I want to apologise on behalf of my club to the whole of Scottish football."

About time someone from Rangers came out and apologise. If only they showed the same kind of humility from the start.

To Rangers and Celtic fans.

As a soldier on Call Kaye this morning said in connection with the Queen shaking hands with Martin McGuiness, it's time to move on, it's time to acknowledge past wrongs and move forward.

He is 100% right.

Whatever happens to what was Rangers, now is a chance to look at yourselves and ask is this hatred doing you any good?

What is past is past, as you visit other clubs this season you'll have to put up with some stick. Take it on the chin and in good humour, in time it will pass and if your fans behave then you'll be accepted back into the fold.

Celtic fans, if you drop the political Green Brigade stuff and temper your sense of superiority, then likewise. In time you will be more welcome in towns you visit. is it not a good time to drop the IRA or FTP nonsense and recognize we're all human beings who enjoy watching the sport of football?

And if both clubs would be more welcoming of visitors then more will turn up to make a better atmosphere. TBH, the standard of treatment at Celtic Park and Ibrox is shocking.

It's time to grow up. Some will be beyond saving, but over the course the decent fans can drown them out and it will disappear for good.

Agree with the theory. But, but, but Rangers don't do moving on. Nor walking away. Nor humour. And definitely there is no chance of them surrendering.

And as for the growing up bit I suspect that is just a step too far. :rolleyes:

Just been asked my opinion on the situation by a Sevco-supporting client.

I tried to make it as simple as possible, and said "They owe a lot of people a lot of money, and if they're not going to pay it they shouldn't be allowed to continue in any form".

I was informed. "You're a bigot. It's a different form of bigotry, but you're all disgusting bigots".

From the SSN piece this morning -

"I think this is just opportunism. We will definitely challenge it yes."

When asked whether he expected more players to try and quit the club Green added: "I've learnt not to expect the expected at Rangers."

Another cracking piece of doubletalk from CG. What's been unexpected from his point of view? Is he seriously trying to convince people that he didn't foresee every unfolding scenario?

I'm actually beginning to feel a small tinge of sympathy for the buns out there. They're like bad snooker players just having to sit there and watch while their opponents clear the table. Utterly impotent, occasionally raising their eyes from the floor just long enough to realise it's still happening. This is becoming a slaughter.

And then there's the forgotten victims of the whole debacle...

post-40178-0-17991100-1340789288_thumb.j

Is it one of those by the end of midnight deadlines or 'before end of working day' ones? Just wondering so that I can plan ahead this weekend and make the mother of all parties Friday rather than Saturday.

I hope it's not a Haudit & Daudit style deadline. Is it? :unsure:

Indeed. And part of the problem is that Green seems to have tried to unilaterally transfer all of the contracts on 14th June, so I'd imagine there are no remaining ties to the oldco there.

Yes. 'fraid I just do not understand that bit. (not your post)

How could he transfer them if the rules don't allow it?

It is just a big shambolic mess.

And I'm luvin' it.:lol:

Did the female debt guru on Newsnight a few weeks ago not say that "The Rangers" could only be a temporary measure and that when BDO moved in, one of the first things they would have to do was get another name that did not associate itself with the old company, so it doesnt look like they will be able to use anything with Rangers in it

It is only clowns like Green and the Bear Army that believe that passing off a new company as one that is renowned worldwide for sleaze and corruption is worth doing.

We want something accurate. No Surrender FC? We dont do walking away FC? Con Merchants FC?

Just googled "deadline"

Deadline (I) (2009)

R 85 min - Thriller | Drama | Horror - 29 January 2010 (Mexico)

Your rating:

-/10

Ratings: 4.3/10 from 2,547 users

Reviews: 54 user | 18 critic

A screenwriter who travels to an abandoned house to finish a script on time, but a series of strange events lead him to a psychological breakdown.

OK, I altered the screenwriter's gender for comiceffect.

Serious question SH, have you been to any Rangers games?

I went to an old firm game at Hampden when Craig Moore scored a comical own goal, I was at the 2-3 game at Victoria Park and I also went to a game against Dortmund when Rangers contrived to play them off the park and win.

I know what you are saying, the walk to Ibrox was horrendous, just the most awful swarm of violent bigots, but I still think they'll do a runner if the club/SFA/SFL forces them to.