Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I keep going back to the 3 years audited accounts in my mind.

If they transfer the oldco's SFA membership, has uid oldco not still to hand in accounts for this past year? Does this part of the criteria matter if they transfer the membership and end up applying for the 3rd?

I just can't see how if they fail to transfer the membership or even if they do, how they can fufil even the most basic requirements for submitting an application, Nae players, Nae compliant stadium and Nae chance it seems to me!

I've read in various places, not least here, that the 3 years of accounts is a big fat red herring that shouldn't be given too much weight in the immediate circumstances. As I understand it, the 3 years is a 'guideline' rather than an absolute requirement which would make it a deal breaker. 3 years of account is, however, an absolute requirement in securing a European allowance..........but they know they've no chance of Europe for the next 3 seasons at least anyway.

I'm not so sure about them being able to steamroller the leagues. It's their business plan that worries me and I can see Newco going bust on its way up the leagues. How do they fund the better class of player needed for this steamrollering when they have the upkeep of Ibrox (someone said £3M per month in running costs but that seems a wee bit steep) and Murray Park but with lower crowds, lower TV and advertising revenues and no income from Europe? Someone is going to have to get creative on the commercial side, and I don't mean in the same way as Murray or Whyte.

All they have on their side is a larger-than-average fan base - they'll have to keep Ibrox full for the next 3 years if they're to have any chance.

And imagine being one of their squad. You've got to think that the majority of their SFL3 squad are likely to be SFL2 class at best but they know they'll get cast aside as soon as The Rangers get promoted - they'll need SFL1 quality when they're in SFL2 and so on. Not sure I'd be happy signing up for that if I had any ambition.

I'm sure Rangers could encourage some low-end SPL players to sign for them, even in the third.

It is true though. Perhaps it won't be as easy as I presumed. In which case all the more justification for allowing them entrance to the 3rd. It'd be a significant form of wealth redistribution - again, not in Craig Whyte sense.

Hold on a minute, am I reading this right;

But he insisted: "Since no one from the Rangers regime has had the balls to do, as a former Hamilton and Dundee player I want to apologise on behalf of my club to the whole of Scottish football."

Is that... is that an apology? :unsure:

suppose it is a start, it is the first attempt at a apology from anyone connected to Rangers

1340750492[/url]' post='6377638']

We have had the Arab spring around some countries, now Scotland it seems is having its own Arab spring with revolution within the Scottish game? laugh.gif would be cool, especially when the dark side are destroyed, peace and balance will come to our little island

The Irn Bru Spring is growing momentum. We will see more statements before the weekend from the diddies and I predict that the Sevco Zombies will be rejected by the majority.

no love for Rangers or Celtic for that matter, like you i want to see them being fittingly punished and not killed, my biggest bugbear was the lack of humility from the club and the fans, at least john brown has made a start by his apology on behalf of the club, i keep thinking to myself would the game in this country be better off without Rangers or better with it, some of my happiest moments supporting Killie was victories over Rangers and Celtic, that is why i don't want to see Rangers die, it wasn't the fans that robbed the HMRC of PAYE or dual contracts, that was the act of two very clever and devious crooks that owned their club, i just wish the Rangers fans would show the same act of humilty as john brown

I'm not sure Clyde fans would agree with you on that!

Yeah, lack of contrition is an element in this. As is the insane ramblings of Leggo. Today's is a classic case of when you can clearly see the tears and rage in his typing.

Leggo Goes Nuts

John Brown 'apology'.... ex-Ranger, bit part scout, not even the 11th hour either.... that was Team Cardigan. This is way past the 11th hour.

Can't think of much more to add other than Bomber Brown, Andy Goram, Mark Hateley and any associated NIAR dinosaurs can GTF in my book.

Only 4 pages to catch up with overnight, and I've already run out of Hughies before 8am.

I also think Sevco would struggle to steamroller the lower leagues, as they will be crippled by the running costs of Ibrox and Murray Park, along with the wages of McCulloch (who no-one would dare buy from them) and Wallace. Even by a more conservative figure of £1.5m a month for Ibrox and say very conservatively £30k/week would hold in the wages of McCulloch, Wallace, McCoist, Durrant etc, then straight from the off you have a £19m hole in the budget for the year.

So even with that ultra conservative estimate, and assuming a sell-out at every game they would need to sell tickets at £20 just to cover their bare costs as it stands with a mere 2 players. Commercial revenue would have to cover every other cost they would have.

Now if anyone would have definitive figures for Ibrox upkeep, and the wages of the players and staff who would Tupe, we could work this out relatively crudely, but accurately.

I'm sure Rangers could encourage some low-end SPL players to sign for them, even in the third.

It is true though. Perhaps it won't be as easy as I presumed. In which case all the more justification for allowing them entrance to the 3rd. It'd be a significant form of wealth redistribution - again, not in Craig Whyte sense.

I reckon there's plenty of players out there, even lower SFL1/SFL2 guys, who would happily give their questionable tattoos to have rangers on their CV and who would walk the third.

Hold on a minute, am I reading this right;

But he insisted: “Since no one from the Rangers regime has had the balls to do, as a former Hamilton and Dundee player I want to apologise on behalf of my club to the whole of Scottish football.”

Is that... is that an apology? :unsure:

Bet he practiced that part. There's no way he would have been able to say that as Dundee and Hamilton without pausing to mutter something about a pope and a Vatican otherwise

I've just realised that we are now over 19 weeks into this saga. It's been one hell of a ride so far. Who would have guessed on Valentine's Day that we would be looking at having no Rangers of any form in the SPL the following season, and possibly no Rangers of any form in any league at all?

I don't particularly want to see the whole club killed. A new start in division three seems reasonable to me. I think they'd get the votes for entry at that level, and probably steamroller the leagues on the way up, but it would provide a clean slate and a chance for the club to remove itself from the vile bigotry that accompanies it.

No chance. That is their raison d'etre. It's why their forums are full of people spouting stuff about tarriers an bhigoted bheasts. It's why Raith Rovers needed security guards to make sure that no one burnt down their stadium. If the tribalism goes, then there's only football and not too many of their sort would want to be on the other end of a spanking from Stenhousemuir.

I've just realised that we are now over 19 weeks into this saga. It's been one hell of a ride so far. Who would have guessed on Valentine's Day that we would be looking at having no Rangers of any form in the SPL the following season, and possibly no Rangers of any form in any league at all?

Certainly not me. See first post in thread. Having watched the likes of Portsmouth, Livingston, Leeds, and a hundred other clubs go through administration and pop up again to carry on... I viewed football administration very cynically. Debt-dodging basturts who cried crocodile tears, but used administration as a cynical ploy to shaft creditors and 'move forward'.

I saw no reason to suspect Rangers would be any different. I fully expected administrators to come in, make huge cuts, see them through the season, before a consortium of Rangers-minded businessmen swept in to tidy up the mess.

I didn't forsee Haudit & Daudit's 'no staff loss' policy, no genuine saviour riding into town, the criminal investigations, court cases, Ally's 'who are these people' rant, the march on Hampden, the supporters being unable to rally behind one spokesperson, the BBC documentary, liquidators going after individuals, the SFA 'just short of match fixing' verdict, or, or, or...

Obviously the likes of Portsmouth, Wrexham, Darlington or Dundee found themselves in trouble... but Rangers weren't simply in a bit of trouble, they were a corrupt cheating institution, run by shysters and a Minty Moonbeams wide-boy.

Nasty business all-round really. Deeply, deeply messy and unpleasant.

John Brown, FFS.

Where were all these jokers up till now? Its actually pretty sinister to emerge from beneath their stones in order to ride on the crest of a bile fuelled wave of Orc malignancy. This is directed at the only guy (shyster or otherwise) who stepped in when their beloved club was there to salvage.

They all knew that Green's plan was half-arsed at best, yet didn't crack a light until the bigot hordes had been whipped up into a frenzied, slabbering lynch mob. Classy stuff, indeed.

I'm not sure Clyde fans would agree with you on that!

Yeah, lack of contrition is an element in this. As is the insane ramblings of Leggo. Today's is a classic case of when you can clearly see the tears and rage in his typing.

Leggo Goes Nuts

LEGGOLAND goes from strength to strength. Last week the readership figures crashed through the two million barrier.

Barrier? Surely he means tarrier?

"This is the same Rangers whose supporters threatened to torch our stadium and whose manager demanded that one of our directors was named over his involvement with an SFA judicial panel, which resulted in TV cameras camping outside his door and threats being made by various outlandish factions. We also had Sandy Jardine publicly calling for repercussions for those clubs who have not supported Rangers."Given that, how could I, as an individual, be expected to roll over and have my tummy tickled by some inducement to allow Rangers to come into the First Division. I gave my opinion to the board on Monday night and the board had a position which was not in any way different from my own.

"That does not mean, if and when there is a meeting of the SFL clubs and a vote, that the outcome will go the way we want it to go. I imagine some clubs will see some short-term advantage to be had.

"But if, long-term, you cheese off your season-ticket holders and supporters and backers, is it worth it? Do you sell your position for 30 pieces of silver for some short-term advantage or take the moral high ground?"

Hats off to Mr. Turnbull and the RR board.

Revenge is a dish best served cold, is it not ?

Edit :- Just had a quick glimpse over at Leggo's padded cell. Utter fruitloop. As someone mentioned a couple of pages back, you can see him frothing as he types. His "Kristallnacht" style diatribes are truly vile.

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

It's a bit rushed, and a work in progress but:

A long, long time ago

We can still remember how

That football used to make us smile

And we knew if we had our chance

That we could make those people dance

And rid us of the bigots for a while

As February made them shiver

With every paper they'd deliver

Bad news on their doorstep

They wouldn't take one more step

We often laughed, when they all cried

While we read about their wounded pride

But something warmed us up inside

The day the Rangers died

So

Bye, bye as the Rangers die

Eating jelly by the telly while the smelly go awry

Those fat ugly orcs believed in pie in the sky

Singin' "Rangers till the day that they die"

So this'll be the day that they die?

Did you all just walk away?

And do you have faith in God today?

If the Bible tells you so?

Now do you believe in diddy rule?

Can Sevco save your rotting soul?

And can you explain where’d Whyte’s millions go?

Well, we know that you're not getting in

the SPL with all your sin,

We can all kick off our shoes

cause, we finally killed the bigotted blues

We’re all just a diddy supporting schmuck

With little backing but a lot of luck

And we knew you wouldn’t give a f**k

Till the day the Rangers died

We started singin'

Now, for years we'll be on our own

As moss grows fat on the Ibrox throne

But, that's not how it used to be

When the bigots sang for the pope and queen

Fuelled by wine full of caffeine

But one got killed by Charlie Green

As the queen celebrated jubilee

All the orcs could do was flee

The courtroom was adjourned

No verdict was returned

And while they remained a question mark

The players were left in the dark

So they left, and it was such a lark

The day the Rangers died

We were singin'

Edited by Spain

Having been on the end of many "no" answers in my time (mostly from women of varying levels of repute), I feel qualified to say that the "no" issued by the Raith Rovers board is as unequivocal as it is glorious.

And it is FUCKING glorious.

Well done the Rovers.