Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

hey we have been there it isn't nice and there is at the back of your mind that the club could close. St Mirren had a lucky escape and were subject to a documentary on the activities of Reg Brearly so know about unscrupulous shysters on the make.

However in all these cases where clubs went into administration the blame lay with the directors/chairman with a terrible business plan, supporters did not look outwardly to wave an accusing finger, the culprits sat on their board, the fans could see them every other week in the directors box. There was a sense of fear and shame but what there wasn't was a persecution complex opening blaming others...

Your recollection of Dundee and Livingston and Gretna is very different to mine.

Just been playing a demo of the new Football Manager 2013 game for the iPhone.

Amazing how realistic these games are nowadays:

sevco5088fm.png

WHERES YER FAMOUS "NO.12"

I've been trying to catch up on this thread after being away for a couple of weeks and I've seen the recent mental ramblings of leggo, Traynor etc, but I seem to remember a few weeks ago, Graham Spiers and Gordon Smith were in the "Scottish football will die without Rangers" camp. Have they just been keeping quiet, or have I missed anything entertaining?

I've been trying to catch up on this thread after being away for a couple of weeks and I've seen the recent mental ramblings of leggo, Traynor etc, but I seem to remember a few weeks ago, Graham Spiers and Gordon Smith were in the "Scottish football will die without Rangers" camp. Have they just been keeping quiet, or have I missed anything entertaining?

yesterdays daily record podcast told us

• scottish football will die without rangers
  • we are 14 year olds
  • jim demands to know who we are "WATP"
  • we have 1 60 watt bulb
  • keith jackson is SEETHING at raith rovers for saying they dont think rangers should be in division 1

I seem to remember a few weeks ago, Graham Spiers and Gordon Smith were in the "Scottish football will die without Rangers" camp. Have they just been keeping quiet, or have I missed anything entertaining?

Spiers is attending the Killie Supporters open meeting tomorrow night. Will report what he says.

Only 4 pages to catch up with overnight, and I've already run out of Hughies before 8am.

I also think Sevco would struggle to steamroller the lower leagues, as they will be crippled by the running costs of Ibrox and Murray Park, along with the wages of McCulloch (who no-one would dare buy from them) and Wallace. Even by a more conservative figure of £1.5m a month for Ibrox and say very conservatively £30k/week would hold in the wages of McCulloch, Wallace, McCoist, Durrant etc, then straight from the off you have a £19m hole in the budget for the year.

So even with that ultra conservative estimate, and assuming a sell-out at every game they would need to sell tickets at £20 just to cover their bare costs as it stands with a mere 2 players. Commercial revenue would have to cover every other cost they would have.

Now if anyone would have definitive figures for Ibrox upkeep, and the wages of the players and staff who would Tupe, we could work this out relatively crudely, but accurately.

How much did it actually cost Gretna to win their way through the leagues........very little. It doesn`t take much additional investment to win these leagues over the course of a season

yesterdays daily record podcast told us

• scottish football will die without rangers
  • we are 14 year olds
  • jim demands to know who we are "WATP"
  • we have 1 60 watt bulb
  • keith jackson is SEETHING at raith rovers for saying they dont think rangers should be in division 1

Also we are all sat in our lofts!!

Was it not just last week Ortiz was claiming he'd fulfil his contract?

Technically he has fulfilled his contract with Rangers Football Club Plc

Alan McGregor - Rejected switch to newco

Neil Alexander - Out of contract

Scott Gallacher - out of contract

Grant Adam - out of contract

Defenders

Dorin Goian - rumoured to be switching to newco

Kirk Broadfoot - rumoured to be switching to newco

Sasa Papac - out of contract

Lee Wallace - Switching to newco

Steven Whittaker - rejected switch to newco

Carlos Bocanegra - rumoured to be rejecting switch to newco/on verge of signing for Toronto

Ross Perry

Chris Hegary - out of contract

Darren Cole - out of contract

Midfielders

Lee McCulloch - rumoured to be switching to newco

Maurice Edu

Steven Davis - rejected switch to newco

Alejandro Bedoya

John Fleck - rejected switch to newco

Jamie Ness - rejected switch to newco

Salim Kerkar - out of contract

Kyle Hutton - rumoured to be rejecting switch to newco.

Andrew Mitchell - out of contract

Rhys McCabe - rejected switch to Newco

Robbie Crawford

Lewis MacLeod

Barry McKay

Juan Ortiz - rejected switch to newco

Strikers

Kyle Lafferty - rejected switch to newco

Steven Naismith - rejected switch to newco

David Healy - out of contract

Andrew Little - out of contract

Sone Aluko - rejected switch to newco

Kane Hemmings

Kal Naismith

SPL Confirmed nos (5 required)

Hearts

Dundee United

Hibs

Aberdeen

ICT

St Johnstone

SFL1 Confirmed Nos; (8 required)

Raith Rovers

Morton

Falkirk (although with some ambiguity in their statement)

Rumoured SFL1 nos

Peterhead

Livingston

Edited by Kyle