Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The champagne is still on ice a Guevara Towers. I persist in the view that Longmuir and Ballantyne (notorious anti tarrier) are busy polishing a turd in relation to league reconstruction, that will prove attractive to enough of the SFL to get it through.

Shifty looks say it all

I will not be round at pozbaird's until either Sevco are confirmed dead or starting in SFL3. Anything else will be a loss at this stage in the game.

I hope one thing that comes out of this whole issue is that Old Firm "fans", "journalists" and other arrogant groupings will stop referring to clubs at the lower end of the SPL, and everyone in the SFL as "diddy clubs". I have always found that description very disingenuous, we are not "diddy clubs", we are small but potentially powerful. The clubs that get tagged with this label are well run by very hard working board members and their fans, though unfortunately few, are loyal and when threatened by issues like the Rangers attempts to railroad themselves back into the SPL have shown that they can band together to form a strong and well organised opposition that as we have seen , can get results.

I have often wondered if clowns like Chick Young or Jim Traynor were told repeatedly enough that they are "diddy journalists" working for "diddy newspapers" then they would lash out with legal action, threatening slander, but after all the Daily Record is hardly in the same league as The Telegraph or Die Welt.

We can start by stopping referring to ourselves as "Diddy Clubs" please

I hope one thing that comes out of this whole issue is that Old Firm "fans", "journalists" and other arrogant groupings will stop referring to clubs at the lower end of the SPL, and everyone in the SFL as "diddy clubs". I have always found that description very disingenuous, we are not "diddy clubs", we are small but potentially powerful. The clubs that get tagged with this label are well run by very hard working board members and their fans, though unfortunately few, are loyal and when threatened by issues like the Rangers attempts to railroad themselves back into the SPL have shown that they can band together to form a strong and well organised opposition that as we have seen , can get results.

I have often wondered if clowns like Chick Young or Jim Traynor were told repeatedly enough that they are "diddy journalists" working for "diddy newspapers" then they would lash out with legal action, threatening slander, but after all the Daily Record is hardly in the same league as The Telegraph or Die Welt.

The only people I know who refer to clubs outside the OF as "diddy clubs" are the fans of these clubs.

Whatever league "Rangers" re-emerge in, it should be made clear that this is a new club formed in 2012.

They cannot steal the history of the Rangers FC that were liquidated. That club is gone for good.

Edited by ebeneezer

Honestly, is there anything that could come out of Ibrox or about Rangers that would surprise anyone anymore?

sometimes it's painful!

I'm genuinely starting to expect this whole thing to end with David Murray letting go of his crutches and walking round the corner to get into a car with Green and Whyte in the front seats, while Ally McCoist runs out of the front of Ibrox clutching a faxed drawing of the RangersTaxCase blogger that looks like Murray.

"And like that, *pfff*....... he's gone"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5k73jx2mIc&feature=related

Pretty sure the "diddy club" thing came from Only an Excuse. Think it was the Chick Young character.

It was not so subtle satire on the mainstream medias attitude towards all clubs, not part of the Old Firm.

I'd rather be a diddy than follow the OF!

Edited by kildog

What a glorious statement from Turnbull Hutton. I wish he'd gone a bit further and said that Servco would have to join the queue of applicants for the 3rd Division rather than suggesting that their election to the bottom tier of the SFL was likely to be a formality, but nevertheless an admirable and powerful statement that bristles with moral indignation. How refreshing after so many years of listening to club chairmen defend the indefensible on the grounds of "commercial imperative. "

There has been something of "the Arab Spring" about this populist uprising (and kudos to all the fans who have expressed their opinions eloquently and forcibly on this and other sites) but it also reminds me of the recent and surely inexorable decline of Murdoch's press empire. Everyone knew that Murdoch's rags were toxic and corrupt but for too long too few dared speak out. The News of the World was an outdated institution run by wide boys and borderline criminals, a dinosaur that thrived on exploiting the basest human instincts, pandering to the bigoted, reactionary dregs of society, but we feared their bully boy tactics and their thuggish threats. Cowardice made us accomplices in their malign hegemony. But then something changed. People began to speak up against Murdoch and his corrupt empire, the threats lost their power as more and more people spoke out. The vile tyrant's aura of omnipotence slipped and we wondered why we were ever in the thrall of such a pathetic old man. We'd given the bogeyman his mythic status and unrivalled power by our collective inaction and passivity, we'd allowed his minions and his sycophants to do their dirty work and never held them to account. But slowly at first, and then quickly as the anti-Murdoch movement achieved critical mass, things changed and they would never be the same again.

The world is changing and much for the better. In the age of the internet and social media vile regimes can no longer cling onto power by annexation and monopolisation of the main stream media and the corruption of politicians and beaurocrats. Those who were formerly disenfranchised now have a voice and that voice will be heard.

On the subject of disenfranchised groups, there's no doubt that Scottish football fans have occupied that lowly position on the social hierachy for far too long. Football clubs, managers, players and the media have traditionally treated the people who pay their wages with thinly-veiled contempt at best. The nadir of this old school mentality is surely Jim Traynor's execrable "Your Call" show where fans are offered the opportunity to call in and be condescended to by an idiot. For too long Scottish football has been firmly rooted in the noxious Old Firm duopoly, a false dichotomy of pantomime villainry exploiting outdated stereotypes and prejudices that should have been consigned to the dustbin of history long ago. Scottish football has for too long been a parochial backwater where lumbering giants steeped in bigotry, discrimination and divisiveness have been accorded pre-eminent status and the rest of us consigned to the roles of also-rans, submissive servants happy to accept the scraps from our masters' table.

Whatever happens now it's clear that we've finally stripped one of Scottish football's dinosaurs of it's mythic power. Like the News of the World, Rangers weren't too big too fail, they were simply too bigoted to survive in the modern world. The duopolistic axis of evil has finally been broken, the inequities of a system designed to benefit the elite and discriminate against the rest will be rectified. Better late than never. Let's hope the other Glasgow giant, freed from the burden of having to set up in perpetual opposition, like some pathetic WWF-style Nemesis, can divest itself of some of it's paranoia and re-integrate itself as part of the broader community of Scottish football. Suitably chastened former tyrants are welcome in this Brave New World, but their mystique and power will have been largely stripped away. Like the senile, impotent Murdoch stuttering before the Leveson Inquiry, we're left wondering why it took so long to see through the conceit that was Glasgow Rangers. The greatest trick this particular Devil pulled was in convincing us not only that he did exist, but that he had to exist. We won't make that mistake again.

Are you saying Sevco is the "Sun on Sunday" of the footballing world? Looks and lies like it's hideous predecessor but really it's just a poor imitation?

At the moment, and probably for the foreseeable, to be known as a 'diddy' is pretty much a badge of honour, a nom de guerre. But be safe in the knowledge that IF (and it's looking like a large if) Sevco5088 are invited to join SFL3, they shall be the newest and smallest 'diddy' on the block.

The only people I know who refer to clubs outside the OF as "diddy clubs" are the fans of these clubs.

We are diddys

Super diddys

Orcs don't like us

And it's great

We've killed Rangers

Next it's Celtic.....

(Will Annoni

take the bait?)

are you suggesting the Queen is actually a heavy duty tarrier ?!

This made me proper lol in the office there, tea comin out my nose, the lot...had to then try to explain firstly what a tarrier was, what the adjective "heavy duty" meant, and then why this was so funny, in context, to a few colleagues whose English is not necessarily that great and have no understanding of the ins and outs of Scottish sectarianism and/or the significance of the queen shaking hands with McGuinness...now they all think I'm weird. Cheers! :)

I was of this opinion until I started reading P&B.

I now realise that we have reclaimed the word for ourselves and can use it with pride.

Diddy Power!:D

Awe naw, according to Scotland Today there is another fans meeting at Ipox tonight. 100s expected. Lets hope its a few more than the 10 or so that turned up last nights dogging meeting at Ipox....haha!

Edited by Sting777

I've no problem with us calling ourselves diddy clubs. It's a nice antidote to the bombast of WATP.

That's the way I see it anyway. We don't really think we support lesser clubs.... we're just not so far up ourselves that we think we are superior beings. It's a good trait.

We are diddys

Super diddys

Orcs don't like us

And it's great

We've killed Rangers

Next it's Celtic.....

(Will Annoni

take the bait?)

suck ma tits, ya diddy ;)

Edited by Enrico Annoni

Whatever league "Rangers" re-emerge in, it should be made clear that this is a new club formed in 2012.

They cannot steal the history of the Rangers FC that were liquidated. That club is gone for good.

Very important point. These sevco fuds are going to need a constant reminder, that they have no history.