Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Just had it confirmed that K Jackson is a Rangers fan. Should he not be kept away from all this until it blows over? (Don't suppose it ever will in our lifetimes)

"Grandad, mummy says you were the same age as me when the big rangers liquidation thread started.

How do you think it will end?"

Just had it confirmed that K Jackson is a Rangers fan. Should he not be kept away from all this until it blows over? (Don't suppose it ever will in our lifetimes)

Spot on. He should have been kept away due to a possible conflict of interest. The Daily Record have shown the way by having ardent Airdrie fan James Traynor cover the downfall of TCFKAR.

If a cobbled together re-hash of the league structure was proposed under the banner of the SFA rather than the SPL or the SFL would this result in ALL SFA affiliated clubs getting to vote on it and if so does anyone know what percentage would be required to carry such a motion ? By SFA affiliated clubs I mean the likes of the Highland League, the East of Scotland league and the South of Scotland league clubs. Also think Girvan amatuers retain their SFA affiliation despite joining the Juniors. My concern would be that plenty of these clubs may be run by chairmen or committes sympathetic to the NEwco ie they wereRangers supporters - the number of non league clubs would outnumber the league clubs affilited !

We are Rangers

Super Rangers

No-one likes us

And actually upon reflection we are starting to think we may have failed to anticipate some of the long-term ramifications of this.

Doesn't quite scan, but hey ho.

Owe you a Huggie for that one, even managed to raise a chuckle from a few Sevco fans at work.

An SFL3 election would go to a vote between any potential applicants.

The 29 other clubs vote on which of the X applicants should enter. At each round of voting, the club with the fewest votes is eliminated and they vote again. This continues until a simple majority is reached.

Cheers for that. Now that you mention it, that process does sound familiar. I'm a bit slow today, sorry. Anyway, here's hoping the three years of accounts rule comes into force and Spartans or whoever makes the grade instead.

First post, here goes...

I think this is the most significant development today.

This is classic asset stripping. Rangers are about to be split into multiple parts, hence the 3 companies.

There's going to be one of the Sevco's set up to own Ibrox, Murray Park and the car park. That way they are isolated from the running of the club and if the club goes into admin again the assets are safe.

It also pushes the price of the company up which could be a precursor to a sale to a 3rd party. The club as it stands with no players and no league is worth more liquidated than it is running. The only people who will see any value in the club are "Rangers men" because they're emotionally attached to the club, as any supporters would be. I should know, been through two Dundee admins.

So, is Green about to split the company into property and the club then wind up or sell Rangers?

Surely that can't be the case. After over three months of an intense (and costly) period of administration Duff & Phelps concluded that selling the assets to Charles Green was the best way forward for a newco Rangers. What you're suggesting would mean the £5 million pounds in fees and leagl costs were completely wasted and that D&P made a monumental error of judgement. I don't imagine how you would expect people to believe such a thing.

How much did it actually cost Gretna to win their way through the leagues........very little. It doesn`t take much additional investment to win these leagues over the course of a season

Gretna didn't have a big old stadium in need of maintenance and a training facility. Also no players on 16k either.

Cheers for that. Now that you mention it, that process does sound familiar. I'm a bit slow today, sorry. Anyway, here's hoping the three years of accounts rule comes into force and Spartans or whoever makes the grade instead.

That would just be too much to hope for biggrin.gif

Gonnae let us in, gonnae let us in, gonnae let us in, gonnae let us .... Accounts? .... b@stards!!!!!!!

And how long until another opening comes up after that?????

What a glorious statement from Turnbull Hutton. I wish he'd gone a bit further and said that Servco would have to join the queue of applicants for the 3rd Division rather than suggesting that their election to the bottom tier of the SFL was likely to be a formality, but nevertheless an admirable and powerful statement that bristles with moral indignation. How refreshing after so many years of listening to club chairmen defend the indefensible on the grounds of "commercial imperative. "

There has been something of "the Arab Spring" about this populist uprising (and kudos to all the fans who have expressed their opinions eloquently and forcibly on this and other sites) but it also reminds me of the recent and surely inexorable decline of Murdoch's press empire. Everyone knew that Murdoch's rags were toxic and corrupt but for too long too few dared speak out. The News of the World was an outdated institution run by wide boys and borderline criminals, a dinosaur that thrived on exploiting the basest human instincts, pandering to the bigoted, reactionary dregs of society, but we feared their bully boy tactics and their thuggish threats. Cowardice made us accomplices in their malign hegemony. But then something changed. People began to speak up against Murdoch and his corrupt empire, the threats lost their power as more and more people spoke out. The vile tyrant's aura of omnipotence slipped and we wondered why we were ever in the thrall of such a pathetic old man. We'd given the bogeyman his mythic status and unrivalled power by our collective inaction and passivity, we'd allowed his minions and his sycophants to do their dirty work and never held them to account. But slowly at first, and then quickly as the anti-Murdoch movement achieved critical mass, things changed and they would never be the same again.

The world is changing and much for the better. In the age of the internet and social media vile regimes can no longer cling onto power by annexation and monopolisation of the main stream media and the corruption of politicians and beaurocrats. Those who were formerly disenfranchised now have a voice and that voice will be heard.

On the subject of disenfranchised groups, there's no doubt that Scottish football fans have occupied that lowly position on the social hierachy for far too long. Football clubs, managers, players and the media have traditionally treated the people who pay their wages with thinly-veiled contempt at best. The nadir of this old school mentality is surely Jim Traynor's execrable "Your Call" show where fans are offered the opportunity to call in and be condescended to by an idiot. For too long Scottish football has been firmly rooted in the noxious Old Firm duopoly, a false dichotomy of pantomime villainry exploiting outdated stereotypes and prejudices that should have been consigned to the dustbin of history long ago. Scottish football has for too long been a parochial backwater where lumbering giants steeped in bigotry, discrimination and divisiveness have been accorded pre-eminent status and the rest of us consigned to the roles of also-rans, submissive servants happy to accept the scraps from our masters' table.

Whatever happens now it's clear that we've finally stripped one of Scottish football's dinosaurs of it's mythic power. Like the News of the World, Rangers weren't too big too fail, they were simply too bigoted to survive in the modern world. The duopolistic axis of evil has finally been broken, the inequities of a system designed to benefit the elite and discriminate against the rest will be rectified. Better late than never. Let's hope the other Glasgow giant, freed from the burden of having to set up in perpetual opposition, like some pathetic WWF-style Nemesis, can divest itself of some of it's paranoia and re-integrate itself as part of the broader community of Scottish football. Suitably chastened former tyrants are welcome in this Brave New World, but their mystique and power will have been largely stripped away. Like the senile, impotent Murdoch stuttering before the Leveson Inquiry, we're left wondering why it took so long to see through the conceit that was Glasgow Rangers. The greatest trick this particular Devil pulled was in convincing us not only that he did exist, but that he had to exist. We won't make that mistake again.

Good post, I'd have given you a Charles but I'm currently without funds. ;)

One thing you forgot to mention - the connivance of SFA & SPL.

Delighted to be able to join the 'integrity' camp. That's two confirmed no's from the First, Stirling and Livingston are almost certainly going to be 'No', not sure about Peterhead or quite how Falkirk's statement can be interpreted right now, but they're looking stuffed already.

The one caveat I would like Rae to add to his declaration is that the 'No' vote applies to any move to put Sevco 5088 in any tier above the bottom. At the moment there is still uncertainty over an SPL2/SPFL shambles being cobbled together.

Then to vote for Spartans/Gala Fairydean/Cove/Dukla Pumpherston over that shower of shite in the admission vote.

Edited by vikingTON

Surely that can't be the case. After over three months of an intense (and costly) period of administration Duff & Phelps concluded that selling the assets to Charles Green was the best way forward for a newco Rangers. What you're suggesting would mean the £5 million pounds in fees and leagl costs were completely wasted and that D&P made a monumental error of judgement. I don't imagine how you would expect people to believe such a thing.

Admin was for sorting out Craig Whyte's mess. It has nothing to do with Charles Green. Green simply represented D&P's best return for the creditors and therefore was sold the business and it's assets before a liquidation event.

Green looks to now be splitting the company he bought into separate units which unlocks the value of the assets by separating them from a club business which has no players, no league and no value to anyone but "Rangers men".

There must be hundreds of saboteurs on there. I used to be one.

Matbe, just maybe, the Orcs are quite nice , really, and it's just all of us giving them a bad name.:lol:

Nah, I've met Rangers fans in real life.

Don't you dare try to claim that was a whoosh!

Anyway, is there any truth in the rumour that Anderlecht have applied for Rangers' SPL share?

More likely the Retard will claim Sevco are buying Anderlecht then relocating to Mordor.....

I've tried to follow this thread as regularly as I can and I pass on relative important info onto my 21 year old step-son, who is unfortunately a bear. Whenever I tell him something he doesn't like, he raises his voice and clutches at the straws handed down by the glorious media of the retard or sun.

Yesterday was a beaut though. We were having tea and he triumpantly sounded that Lee Wallace was "staying" (sic). Less than half a minute later, STV sports news announced Lafferty & Ness had rejected a switch.

Talk about a burst balloon :lol: :lol: :lol: