Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

yesterdays daily record podcast told us

• scottish football will die without rangers
  • we are 14 year olds
  • jim demands to know who we are "WATP"
  • we have 1 60 watt bulb
  • keith jackson is SEETHING at raith rovers for saying they dont think rangers should be in division 1

I'm really annoyed about that. Just last week I bought a 100 watt bulb. It was one of those energy saving ones - cost me £2.35. I had always trusted Jim Traynor to that point, now I feel let down. :(

Edited by Granny Danger

This tremendous thread had convinced me to register and post. Great to see the collective power of the diddy fans. I am very happy that Dougie Rae has come out today and said no to the parachuting of the newco to the first division. It must be tempting to take the cash that would come with their presence in the league, especially in times when our core fan base has dropped. Also in a town crawling with old firm glory hunters making a stand against either of them is not an easy thing to do.

It is good to see the mighty Ton showing the west coast clubs (we are the first on this side to show our hand I think) the way biggrin.gif

Well done P&B folks on your work so far.

Edited by Inverton

I thought that'd been a photoshop, but by Christ it's actually there!

Mental.

user_off.pngrossk

• Steven Davis
  • star2.gif

• Group: True Blue
  • Topics: 59
  • Rep: 11

Posted Today, 10:34 AM

snapback.pngFastrax, on 27 June 2012 - 10:33 AM, said:

Sorry mate but if you want to be a white nationalist then Nick Griffin isn't who you should support.

f**k being a white nationalist, lifes too short to be hating people for such petty things as colour.

Love this bit!

Too busy hating t*ms, diddies, bbc, newspapers, P&B, "want away players" and anybody else whose not coloured.

I'm really annoyed about that. Just last week I bought a 100 watt bulb. It was one of those energy saving ones - cost me £2.35. I had always trusted Jim Traynor to that point, now I feel let down. :(

GD - you no 14 yo, stop trying to brighten things eh

Save your vitriol for the ones who have remained silent , anyway wheres the Midden's statement of intent ?

whistling.gif

We are currently conducting a vote amongst those fans (over 1,000 so far), who have signed up for membership of the 10000hours CIC community buy-out plan. The voting results are completely open and transparent, and can be viewed here:

http://www.10000hours.org/

The voting closes at midnight. The results of this 'straw poll' will arm both our current BOD, and the prospective new ownership with a fair idea of what we think in regard to a newco - under three broad scenarios... One, if saying no to newco caused St Mirren no financial harm, two, if saying no to newco would cause us approximately £200,000 worth of lost income, and three, if saying no to newco caused us so much financial pain that it could seriously affect us.

I personally feel that it is all fine and well conducting this poll, it's good to consult the fans, but at the same time we have been somewhat overtaken by events. Vlad kicked it off, others have followed.

We should just say NO too, and crack on.

Apparently 8/30 to oppose direct SFL1 entry.

SFL3 applications = simple majority.

Are you sure about the SLF3 applications being a simple majority? I was under the impression that both SFL1 and SFL3 options were 8/30.

Of course, considering my hangover, I could be talking utter nonsense.

I think we saw precisely Fleck's potential. He was, is and always will be shite.

Agreed. As I recall, the succulent lambs in the tabloid press were calling for him to receive a full Scotland cap after about 1-2 first team appearances for the oldco. Sums it all up really. :(

Just had it confirmed that K Jackson is a Rangers fan. Should he not be kept away from all this until it blows over? (Don't suppose it ever will in our lifetimes)

You needed confirmation? :D

Are you sure about the SLF3 applications being a simple majority? I was under the impression that both SFL1 and SFL3 options were 8/30.

Of course, considering my hangover, I could be talking utter nonsense.

An SFL3 election would go to a vote between any potential applicants.

The 29 other clubs vote on which of the X applicants should enter. At each round of voting, the club with the fewest votes is eliminated and they vote again. This continues until a simple majority is reached.

http://forum.rangers...howtopic=224221

They think there is going to be a newco of the newco laugh.gif

First post, here goes...

I think this is the most significant development today.

This is classic asset stripping. Rangers are about to be split into multiple parts, hence the 3 companies.

There's going to be one of the Sevco's set up to own Ibrox, Murray Park and the car park. That way they are isolated from the running of the club and if the club goes into admin again the assets are safe.

It also pushes the price of the company up which could be a precursor to a sale to a 3rd party. The club as it stands with no players and no league is worth more liquidated than it is running. The only people who will see any value in the club are "Rangers men" because they're emotionally attached to the club, as any supporters would be. I should know, been through two Dundee admins.

So, is Green about to split the company into property and the club then wind up or sell Rangers?

We are Rangers

Super Rangers

No-one likes us

And actually upon reflection we are starting to think we may have failed to anticipate some of the long-term ramifications of this.

Doesn't quite scan, but hey ho.

Spot on. The 'We don't care' line doesn't quite gel with all the histrionics and explicit threats of revenge that have been displayed on the likes of RM from the very start of this fiasco. Maybe they're far more sensitive souls that they gave themselves credit for.

What a glorious statement from Turnbull Hutton. I wish he'd gone a bit further and said that Servco would have to join the queue of applicants for the 3rd Division rather than suggesting that their election to the bottom tier of the SFL was likely to be a formality, but nevertheless an admirable and powerful statement that bristles with moral indignation. How refreshing after so many years of listening to club chairmen defend the indefensible on the grounds of "commercial imperative. "

There has been something of "the Arab Spring" about this populist uprising (and kudos to all the fans who have expressed their opinions eloquently and forcibly on this and other sites) but it also reminds me of the recent and surely inexorable decline of Murdoch's press empire. Everyone knew that Murdoch's rags were toxic and corrupt but for too long too few dared speak out. The News of the World was an outdated institution run by wide boys and borderline criminals, a dinosaur that thrived on exploiting the basest human instincts, pandering to the bigoted, reactionary dregs of society, but we feared their bully boy tactics and their thuggish threats. Cowardice made us accomplices in their malign hegemony. But then something changed. People began to speak up against Murdoch and his corrupt empire, the threats lost their power as more and more people spoke out. The vile tyrant's aura of omnipotence slipped and we wondered why we were ever in the thrall of such a pathetic old man. We'd given the bogeyman his mythic status and unrivalled power by our collective inaction and passivity, we'd allowed his minions and his sycophants to do their dirty work and never held them to account. But slowly at first, and then quickly as the anti-Murdoch movement achieved critical mass, things changed and they would never be the same again.

The world is changing and much for the better. In the age of the internet and social media vile regimes can no longer cling onto power by annexation and monopolisation of the main stream media and the corruption of politicians and beaurocrats. Those who were formerly disenfranchised now have a voice and that voice will be heard.

On the subject of disenfranchised groups, there's no doubt that Scottish football fans have occupied that lowly position on the social hierachy for far too long. Football clubs, managers, players and the media have traditionally treated the people who pay their wages with thinly-veiled contempt at best. The nadir of this old school mentality is surely Jim Traynor's execrable "Your Call" show where fans are offered the opportunity to call in and be condescended to by an idiot. For too long Scottish football has been firmly rooted in the noxious Old Firm duopoly, a false dichotomy of pantomime villainry exploiting outdated stereotypes and prejudices that should have been consigned to the dustbin of history long ago. Scottish football has for too long been a parochial backwater where lumbering giants steeped in bigotry, discrimination and divisiveness have been accorded pre-eminent status and the rest of us consigned to the roles of also-rans, submissive servants happy to accept the scraps from our masters' table.

Whatever happens now it's clear that we've finally stripped one of Scottish football's dinosaurs of it's mythic power. Like the News of the World, Rangers weren't too big too fail, they were simply too bigoted to survive in the modern world. The duopolistic axis of evil has finally been broken, the inequities of a system designed to benefit the elite and discriminate against the rest will be rectified. Better late than never. Let's hope the other Glasgow giant, freed from the burden of having to set up in perpetual opposition, like some pathetic WWF-style Nemesis, can divest itself of some of it's paranoia and re-integrate itself as part of the broader community of Scottish football. Suitably chastened former tyrants are welcome in this Brave New World, but their mystique and power will have been largely stripped away. Like the senile, impotent Murdoch stuttering before the Leveson Inquiry, we're left wondering why it took so long to see through the conceit that was Glasgow Rangers. The greatest trick this particular Devil pulled was in convincing us not only that he did exist, but that he had to exist. We won't make that mistake again.

Edited by Frankie S

Just whipped this off some link from zRM, I think it makes interesting reading could it be agent Greenbacks plan all along?

@stvgrant is this what Green has in mind tomorrow??

admin of newco, as a lead to a members voluntary liquidation (known as a MVL).

That allows the assets to be sold to any party not connected to newco, even if they are connected to oldco.

So, while D&P could never sell the assets (Ibrox etc) to say CW or Ellis for £5.5m, the owners of the newco under an admin or MVL can sell for say £7m.

So you end up with say CW or Elllis owning all the assets for £7m and Zeus making over £1m

But for admin2 or MVL the newco needs to get to the position where they can't trade. No league role or no players.

This is known to IPs as a prepack plus1.

Apologies if its been posted before just thought it was interesting. Bold bit mine as news filters that '10 players have now walked away'!!