Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Call me a sceptic, but this has all the markers of a bid for PR purposes, in order to cement his position to take on a NewCo.

Why on Earth would anyone wish to buy the current Rangers before the big tax case is settled?

Correct. Something stinks.

glasgow city council aren't going to give planning permission or change the zoning for any non football redevelopment at ibrox.

It's more complicated even than the zoning, too... land in Govan and the surrounding areas isn't at a particular premium; there's a listed Main Stand; and it's hosting events at the 2014 Commonwealth Games which I would assume may mean it's included under certain protections the government had to agree when committing to host the Games. I don't see it becoming houses.

Paul Murray saying liquidation is the last resort due to footballing implications.

Does this mean they've realised they'll not just stroll back into the SPL or even the SFL? Hopefully PM knows something and is panicking...

Edited by Jussy

Paul Murray saying liquidation is the last resort due to footballing implications.

Does this mean they've realised they'll not just stroll back into the SPL or even the SFL? Hopefully PM knows something and is panicking...

The most pleasing aspect of the last 12 hours is that they're not even remotely singing from the same hymn-sheet. They're like rats fighting in a sack.

If they develop a common angle on the situation then we ought to be concerned, unless it's 'We're fucked'.

Edited by vikingTON

I know everybody jokes around but i am seriously heading out to buy copious amounts of jelly and ice cream.

I'm quite tempted to join in today. Call me an optimist, but I genuinely believe they will die today.

Didn't stop Rangers fixing an absurd valuation on Ibrox in their accounts.

That's a valuation method known as depreciated replacement cost, not open market value as a saleable asset. Used as a way of ascribing value to an asset that has no realistic alternative use.

I'm quite tempted to join in today. Call me an optimist, but I genuinely believe they will die today.

In spirit, presumably?

It seems likely that what they'll do is cover their losses with wage cuts through to the end of the season, where the club will, we're all hoping, be liquidated.

If Rangers didn't intend to fulfil the rest of their league fixtures there'd be a lot more flesh to the stories at the moment.

Jane Lewis@JaneLewisSport Former Rangers director Paul Murray tells BBC Scotland that he's working hard with the administrators to avoid liquidation.

Eta- why is a former director working with the administrators ?

Semantics. He's preferred bidder and they are trying to do a deal.

:lol: I can picture the unmatched rage across the nation after Celtic rename Murray park to Stein Park...

What if they built St. Timothy's Church on the site?

Borys

Edited by Borys

Doesn't necessarily have to "know something" tbh, just have an appreciation of where things can go wrong. If as reported it requires on SPL clubs agreeing on a set of sanctions, passing it to the SPL Board for approval, also getting approval from SFA Board, and (although only speculation) potential grumbles from UEFA, there's plenty points where a few rogue votes can upset the applecart.

Doesn't necessarily have to "know something" tbh, just have an appreciation of where things can go wrong. If as reported it requires on SPL clubs agreeing on a set of sanctions, passing it to the SPL Board for approval, also getting approval from SFA Board, and (although only speculation) potential grumbles from UEFA, there's plenty points where a few rogue votes can upset the applecart.

Yes, I meant knowing something contrary to the nonsense Doncaster was spouting last night. Possibly an idea of how the other chairmen are viewing the situation.

Call me a sceptic, but this has all the markers of a bid for PR purposes, in order to cement his position to take on a NewCo.

Why on Earth would anyone wish to buy the current Rangers before the big tax case is settled?

I don't see how anyone can make an offer when it can't be clear what they are buying in terms of assets and liabilities...

Yes, I meant knowing something contrary to the nonsense Doncaster was spouting last night. Possibly an idea of how the other chairmen are viewing the situation.

Doncaster is a pompous lying twat. He is trying to crush the spirit of all justice-seekers by smiling at the cameras and implying that Rangers will be in the SPL next season. Remember this is the twerp who told us that the 10 team SPL was in the best interests of everyone and kept a straight face while saying that the time for self-interest was at an end. He's a certified bellend from the school of bellend studies.

Good to see Petrie at least speaking out against Rangers, we need to put pressure on everyone else on that SPL board to do the right thing -- if your chairman is on that board, write to him and tell him you won't be going back if Rangers get voted in. Seriously, do it. Threaten to hit them where it hurts, if enough people do it then it might just tip the scales. Unthinkable things do sometimes happen -- if the World Trade Center can be destroyed, if Woolworths can go bust, then Rangers can definitely be thrown out the SPL. So let's get our chairmen's tongues off Doncaster's sweaty bawsack and make them listen to the people who really do matter. The fans -- the customers -- cannot be ignored without there being consequences.

Edited by BinoBalls

The fans -- the customers -- cannot be ignored without there being consequences.

I really hope you are right. If the Rangers Doomsday scenario comes to pass and they are shepherded back into the SPL with a nod and a wink, I hope fans desert their clubs who allow this to happen in droves, killing the game up here.