Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Nah, I'm not having this!

RBS meant I couldn't go get my season ticket this week, but these developments mean I may be thanking them!

I hope Accies will be voting no to the Newco being placed into SFL1 (and hopefully the SFL in general), but if other teams decide to allow this travesty then I may not be back!

Money is becoming tighter all the time, and unfortunately there are a number of other things I could (and probably should) be spending my hard earned cash on each week/season. I, and I'm sure many others, could easily justify putting my/their cash elsewhere as opposed to continuing to fund a spineless and disgraceful cabal devoid of any natural competition and "sporting integrity".

Sure things have always been a bit iffy on that front, but this would take the biscuit!

NO TO NEWCO or NO TO SCOTTISH FOOTBALL!

Who mentioned EBTs? I merely spoke about the the support us or go to hell that has been expressed. EBTs, debt aren't corruption. Bribery is.

So you are complaining to UEFA because your own clubs are too weak to send Rangers down?

Good luck with that

Exactly and how many would actualy join SPL2 under the current terms assuming the SFL say jog on.

No club that wants more than a handful of supporters when the dead entity aren't visiting.

This is like the bit at the end of the zombie movie where everyone starts arguing and pointing guns at each other, and then the fat guy who everybody hates says "screw you guys, I'm getting out of here"... Then opens the door with all the zombies behind it.

Except, of course, the Buns aren't zombies. They're a bunch of fuds clinging to a dead team.

Email sent this evening to Michel Platini.

post-35183-0-31446100-1340912174_thumb.j

Quick translation

"Attempted corruption in Scottish football

Mr President

I am writing to you about the scandalous attempts by the SPL to impose the presence of a team calling itself "The Rangers" in t he seconf level of the structure of Scottish Football. As you are aware this club is presently in the process of liqidation and should normally have to apply for entry to the fourth level. More than 90% of fans, including the traditional Rangers fans agree on this.No later than last week 3 of the 12 clubs in the SPL voted against this club directly joining the top level.

However, today we have learnt that a committee composed of members of the SPL/SFL and SFA has proposed reforming the football structure in Scotland to permit the presence of a club which has no stadium and no team, as many players have refused to join the new club, while at the same time threatening to cut teams from the third and fourth level off from promotion if they do not agree with the new formula.

Supporters in Scotland are scandalised by this attempt of corruption in the name of a deal with Sky which imposes four matches per season between Rangers and Celtic."

Perhaps he may listen to the argument in his own language.

Absent du bureau

Actuellement à Varsovie / Kiev jusqu'en Juillet '12 1er dimanche. Si votre e-mail est un caractère d'urgence, s'il vous plaît contacter le président de votre association nationale de football.

Cordialement

Michel Platini

------

Out of Office reply.

Currently in Warsaw / Kiev until Sunday 1st July '12 inclusive. If your email is of an urgent nature, please contact the president of your national football association.

Kind regards,

Michel Platini

dry.gif

Edited by Hedgecutter

Yeah, I don't really get it either. We are well run club with no debts with a squad and budget to match our ambitions and financial constraints.

We're doing it wrong. We should have spent a hundred million quid, artificially got into the prem, then we would have gone bust and been allowed to restart in division 1 with no debt. Any idea what our club makes of this?

I don't think it's being suggested that SFL would die... but it does appear to be suggested that [1] their finances might be damaged (particularly the annual settlement) and [2] they may lose clubs to the formation on an SPL2 to the exclusion of those against Newco.

SPL won the tribunal case into forming SPL2 a couple of years ago, and a threat of doing it (if some clubs are willing) creates a different complexion - one of fear - for SFL clubs.

Or SFL club could stand firm, live within our means....... and f**k them? Thats a much better option and will ensure that Sevco 5088 need to follow the standard election process and screw their plans for SPL2. Those who defect from the SFL will then need to be invited into SPL 1 - or get left high and dry by SPL! Hmm..... I wonder which?

The SPL2 thing is completely unworkable. It's two years notice for resigning from the SFL. Unless Scottish football has developed a real love for the coffee at the court of session, it just isn't workable for the next two years.