Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Pffft, you need 500+ to carry kudos :rolleyes:.

No chance at this stage.

Also, logistically unworkable, needs 44 matchdays.

You've also got an uneven split with an 11 club league so that would need to be ditched seeing as different groups of teams would have more games to play.

Glen gibbons he was one of the few journos who took mccoist to task for the sfa tribunal rant. Whilst we are all rightly unhappy at individual journos and 'columnists' sports editors are the guys who decide the agenda and slant the paper will take on a commercial basis and these anonymous gits should be taken to task too. BBC kind of got some accuracy eventually but for the most part they have been a disgrace as they unlike red tops do not have a commercial agenda so have an obligation to chase the truth. They should be ashamed that it took a commercial TV journo to do their job for them. Major reform required by BBC. I feel

I thought Bill Leckie put Andy Jacobs in his place well on Talksport on Friday when AJ proclaimed that Scottish football was Rangers & Celtic only...........in fairness to AJ he did apologise for offending us Diddy teams.

Spiers's schtick is saying the opposite to other journalists. Where the other journalists are dead wrong this results in Spiers looking erudite, but that's a happy accident.

In all fairness to Speirs, saying the opposite to other Scottish journalists is generally a common sense approach

http://www.thedrum.c...cottish-premier

Former BSkyB football boss reckons the broadcaster will stay loyal to Scottish Premier League after Rangers loss

Former BSkyB football boss reckons the broadcaster will stay loyal to the Scottish Premier League (SPL) despite the exit of Rangers FC. The former executive producer of BSkyB's Scottish football coverage claims that the station will stay loyal to the Scottish Premier League (SPL) despite the exit of Rangers FC. However, Colin Davidson has told the Sunday Herald that the broadcaster is likely to renegotiate its deal now that Rangers has been consigned to the Scottish third division. According to the Sunday Herald, the SPL will hold emergency talks with BSkyB today (Monday 16 July) to clarify BSkyB's plans following the loss of Rangers. The media company currently has a £16m-per-season broadcast deal in place with the SPL, which is scheduled to run for one more season. Davidson told the Sunday Herald: "What Sky is facing now is a very different set of circumstances in the SPL. Without Rangers it is a diluted product for any broadcaster. They may well want to renegotiate the contract.

"All Sky have to do is listen. It will be up to the SPL to convince them to stay. What they won't do is pay them more money than the product is worth. The deal is worth far more to the SPL than it is to Sky. "If they renegotiate, I think the SPL has done well. I do think Sky will be loyal. They have, historically, been very loyal partners. When they enter into a partnership with any organisation they do their best to be as supportive as they positively can." ESPN has also assured the SPL that it is committed to Scottish football, says The Sunday Herald, which also claimed that a deal could be struck to broadcast the Newco Rangers game in the third division.

Scotland on Sunday has also claimed that First Minister Alex Salmond has been urged to use his relationship with Rupert Murdoch to protect the BSkyB deal.

You've also got an uneven split with an 11 club league so that would need to be ditched seeing as different groups of teams would have more games to play.

MarkYardley seemed to be suggesting they'd scrap the split (which would involve rule changes etc. btw) and play everyone 4x. However, this would take 44 dates. Either way, assuming no relegation, I think it'd likely get quite boring at the bottom anyway.

It's bad enough Green is there (especially since Regan's email came to light) but can anyone explain why McCoist is there? Are there any other SPL managers in attendance?

Galling to the very end.

He's there to translate -

Green - "Eebagum on't Ilkley Moor by eckaslike tha' knows a sed to thee. See the whippets, garrrrr"

McCoist - Mr Green seeks an equitable solution in line with common sense... and something about whippets

MarkYardley seemed to be suggesting they'd scrap the split (which would involve rule changes etc. btw) and play everyone 4x. However, this would take 44 dates. Either way, assuming no relegation, I think it'd likely get quite boring at the bottom anyway.

That would mean 40 games, which I suppose is logical.

The logistics behind it is impossible though - there would be 'free' weeks for teams, and no where near enough time to fit in 40 fixtures for all, or you wouldn't think anyway.

Am I the only one who was disappointed with Alex Thomson's contribution to this. Don't get me wrong, he was one of the good guys but based on his various cryptic tweets I always expected something more. Also when he took part in radio and TV discussions he seemed to follow the agendas being set by the presenters rather than setting the tone based upon the issues that were not being discussed in the MSM.

That would mean 40 games, which I suppose is logical.

The logistics behind it is impossible though - there would be 'free' weeks for teams, and no where near enough time to fit in 40 fixtures for all, or you wouldn't think anyway.

At this rate they'll be lucky if there's enough time for clubs to play each other three times!

It's bad enough Green is there (especially since Regan's email came to light) but can anyone explain why McCoist is there? Are there any other SPL managers in attendance?

Galling to the very end.

I'd like to know what McCoist is doing there also - but it has to be said, the McCoist and Green dream team haven't exactly been a roaring success so far - they have charmed their way into the 3rd Div without any apparent concessions...

Apologies if already posted!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/jul/16/rangers-lowest-league-victory-fans

'Rangers' starting in the lowest league is a victory for fans over an inept elite

A grassroots network has exposed the connivances at the top of the game. Now's our chance to rebuild Scottish football

It's worth getting a few things straight before kick-off. This isn't about "relegating" Rangers. Rangers don't exist any more. This isn't about Craig Whyte. Craig Whyte's not around any more. It's about a culture of failure, a total lack of transparency and connivance from the very top of the Scottish Premier League and the Scottish Football Association in a rigged cartel that has brought Scottish football to total crisis. The good news is that the inept coterie at the top of the game has been bypassed by ordinary fans and smaller clubs. This is what democracy looks like.

Just when you thought the corporate takeover of society was just about complete, an event takes place or a movement pops up to renew your faith and make you realise that big change is not just possible, it's inevitable, because right across society the elite that runs our world is being exposed daily as a corrupt and incompetent failure.

Sevco 5088 Ltd being forced to start their existence in Scotland's lowest league is one of these events, and the sweeping grassroots network that made this happen is one of these movements. Only a few months ago this was completely unthinkable, and only a few days ago it seemed like efforts to parachute this new entity into the First Division – the next tier down from the Scottish Premier League – by Neil Doncaster, the now utterly discredited SPL chief executive, would succeed. Sporting integrity, or integrity of any kind, would, it seemed, be crushed under the weight of corporate expectation, a conflation of embedded sports and business journalists and the staggering sense of entitlement of Rangers and their allies in the governing bodies.

Instead, incredibly, we've just seen the transformation of Scottish football, realised almost entirely through Twitter and key websites that have proliferated as the story has dominated every media outlet for over a year: the award-winning Rangers Tax Case, fans site Pie and Bovril, rebel journalist Phil Mac Giolla Bhain, Wings Over Scotland, Scotzine and Paul McConville to name a few. These sites give us hope that what may follow is not just a renaissance in Scottish football but in Scottish media. A core part of this saga has been the failure of the sports and business media with allegations of laziness, partiality and just a complete lack of any critical faculties.

Whatever you think of the rights and wrongs of Rangers, the fact is that the SPL chairmen would have quite happily connived to drop the newco into the top flight. Without the resistance of a network of ordinary fans unconvinced by the governing bodies' (or the mainstream media's) account of things, the money men's perpetual short-termism would have prevailed. Faced with (unsubstantiated) apocalyptic scenarios, ordinary fans put huge pressure on their own clubs in advance of the vote at Hampden this week, withholding their season tickets.

The collapse of Rangers and the shock it's put through the entire Scottish game has wider consequences. The allegations of widespread tax evasion and the brutal gangster behaviour of football executives has exposed an entire class of feral businessmen.

But this is about more than exposing bad business. The model of endless growth has been challenged. The consequences of consigning Sevco Scotland to start where any new club would start may well mean drastic cuts in Scottish football. Some clubs may have to close or downsize. This is no bad thing. We know we have too many clubs in this country. Endlessly chasing an utterly unsustainable model is failed economics.

This has been a profound failure of governance, not just among the series of dodgy geezers who lined up to fleece Rangers fans for decades, but the entire edifice of Scottish football, especially the leadership of Stewart Regan and Neil Doncaster. The reality is that the SPL, founded in 1998, has failed by any metric you can choose: attendances, club success in Europe, entertainment value, national team success. Incredibly, since the SPL began, five of its member clubs have entered administration. The newly leaked email from the SFA's Stewart Regan marks him out as a clueless fixer, who's failed at every effort to collude with Rangers. BBC Scotland reported yesterday that a vote of no confidence in Regan was proposed and seconded at last Friday's Scottish Football League meeting.

By having the courage to break from the old failed model, the SFL clubs have done the whole of Scottish football a huge favour. There won't be any "social unrest", there will be renewed enthusiasm. More people in Scotland per head of population watch their domestic top-level league than any other European nation. Let's rebuild, let's transform Scottish football. Let's learn the wider lessons not just about the failed corporate economies but the lively powerful networks that can offer an alternative.

Am I the only one who was disappointed with Alex Thomson's contribution to this. Don't get me wrong, he was one of the good guys but based on his various cryptic tweets I always expected something more. Also when he took part in radio and TV discussions he seemed to follow the agendas being set by the presenters rather than setting the tone based upon the issues that were not being discussed in the MSM.

Alex Thomson said from the start his agenda was to dig into the financial side, where our sports journalists failed to look Thomson looked. He has followed through on the full story though despite being out of his depth on certain sporting issues. He did well.

The problem the SPL have is that no matter which team they pick (Dundee or Dunfermline) the other will likely appeal the decision, legally challenge it etc. So they have a ready made excuse there for going with 11, and of course this also allows for the possibility of somehow getting Rangers back in in a year when the dust settles. And as I said the diddy clubs would have an extra matchday against the big clubs and there'd be less teams to share TV money with. It's a horrible plan but it's the only way they can avoid Rangers going to Division 3 without being put straight back in the SPL, whether Rangers could survive a year with no league to play in is another matter.

Alex Thomson said from the start his agenda was to dig into the financial side, where our sports journalists failed to look Thomson looked. He has followed through on the full story though despite being out of his depth on certain sporting issues. He did well.

I'd still dearly love to know which of the succulents physically threatened him.