Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Quick question. With, what, less than a fortnight until ramsdens cup first round, do we know definitively who they'll be playing? AND will they be playing in an "oldco" kit currently (sorry!) cluttering up an entire wall of my local jjb?

They take Dundees place in the Ramsdens Cup, I believe. Cant remember who they were drawn though

Anyone know what the knock-on economic effects of ZombieH*ns being in the 4th tier will be on Stranraer (the town) and on Stena Line / P&O ?

:whistle

Very little effect for Stranraer, as the vast majority of traffic moved to Cairnryan ages ago.

They take Dundees place in the Ramsdens Cup, I believe. Cant remember who they were drawn though

Brechin, and apparently Brechin have contacted Dundee about hiring out Dens Park for the game against Sevco.

They can't Just lay off tuped staff they would be owed redundancy commensurate with their previous terms of employment. And just mothballing bits of the stadium would be Moe complex than it sounds whilst also reducing income which is reliant on crowds. In short they are royally fecked whatever they try to do not least cos they're idiot fans would have gone ape about any of the sanctions which could have been punishment but left them able to trade.

It's certainly going to give the BBC / Sky outside broadcast directors a headache when setting up their camera positions. Perhaps there's a wee opening for someone with red-hot CGI skills.................................................. 8)

Aye but the whole set-up was messed-up then viewed through modern eyes. Aberdeen got promoted after 1 season in the lower tier, having finished in the bottom half, and the champion didn't go up!!

EDIT: There was also some jiggery-pokery post-WWII, IIRC, regarding who restarted where.

To be fair, they did have a point in that year's jiggery pokery (1904-05, the year Aberdeen joined). They wanted to ensure that football was well established in Aberdeen, after so many years of false starts with Orion, etc. Also Clyde's promotion would have meant six Glasgow clubs in a league of 14, add in St Mirren & you have half the clubs in the top tier all only a few miles away from one another. It's also a moot that the Second Division clubs simply could not have afforded the expense of travel to Aberdeen in those days.

WW2's jiggery-pokery was compounded by the SFA & SFL not knowing what to do over the King's Park/Stirling Albion fiasco, a tart reminder that zombie clubs to escape financial impropriety and investigations into malpractice is nothing new in Scottish football.

So Doncaster has confirmed what we knew all along.

Take the offer or it`s withdrawn..................sorry, planned for later date.

The reality of the situation is that the Self Preservation league will now revert to type. The only difference for us uber diddies is that we`ll end up with less money than in previous years.

Don`t get me wrong. I would`nt have had things turn out any differently, but it`s still a bit of a downer to realise how quickly the status quo has been restored.

We all know that despite the weasel words, the only way the SFL1 will get a second play off spot is when Sevco manage two promotions.

So the word from the big table is "thanks for all the help guys, now piss off."

Edited by somner`s love child

What's wrong with Glebe Park?

Just going from the text I received so could be totally wrong, but because Glebe Park can only fit 1500 people and it'll be Rangers first game of the season, I think they want to maximise their revenue as Glebe wouldn't be able to handle the demand.

The reality of the situation is that the Self Preservation league will now revert to type. The only difference for us uber diddies is that we`ll end up with less money than in previous years.

On the contrary!!

It'll be astonishing, IMO, if SPL actually ends-up with so little income that they can't pay the Settlement: and from what we're told it only starts dropping below existing £2M or so if SPL's income falls below £6M (and it's currently over £20M).

SFL clubs would also be benefiting from Rangers away support, and a potential TV deal.

I think they want to maximise their revenue as Glebe wouldn't be able to handle the demand.

This should be banned. I've never been in favour of clubs switching games to other venues to cash in.

You should have to play your home fixtures at your home ground unless special dispensation is granted (i.e. when Celtic played Gretna away from Fir Park, because it's a slag heap)

Just going from the text I received so could be totally wrong, but because Glebe Park can only fit 1500 people and it'll be Rangers first game of the season, I think they want to maximise their revenue as Glebe wouldn't be able to handle the demand.

Glebe held over 3000 for our cup quarter final 18 months or so ago, and that was with appropriate segregation.

I'd imagine Brechin are trying to cash in on the potentially massive 'Rangers' support. They will want to show solidarity and, as this is their first competitive match, they could probably fill Dundee's away allocation and quite a bit more. As the gates are shared also, I doubt 'Rangers' would complain, as it also strips away the home advantage.

Doncaster is a fanny.

When asked the value of the telly deal post Sevco to the 3rd, he stated, "I don't know".

We've been battered over the head with "you lot know nothing" from loads of apologists over the last few weeks, thank fcuk there are more credible scrutineers on here than the entire Scottish media, we don't even need to add the bloggers in to win that contest.

Where's our extra promotion place?

Where's our expended league?

Where's our fairer voting set up?

Where's our fairer cash distribution?

Get these things sorted you bunch of self preserving p***ks then get tae fcuk, better still go now and leave the folks that are interested in our game as whole to sort it out.

I see.

Where's the sporting integrity in that?

Doncaster is a fanny.

When asked the value of the telly deal post Sevco to the 3rd, he stated, "I don't know".

We've been battered over the head with "you lot know nothing" from loads of apologists over the last few weeks, thank fcuk there are more credible scrutineers on here than the entire Scottish media, we don't even need to add the bloggers in to win that contest.

Where's our extra promotion place?

Where's our expended league?

Where's our fairer voting set up?

Where's our fairer cash distribution?

Get these things sorted you bunch of self preserving p***ks then get tae fcuk, better still go now and leave the folks that are interested in our game as whole to sort it out.

Magic beans Diddy league forums for this pish. :lol:

This should be banned. I've never been in favour of clubs switching games to other venues to cash in.

You should have to play your home fixtures at your home ground unless special dispensation is granted (i.e. when Celtic played Gretna away from Fir Park, because it's a slag heap)

Agreed, if their ground only holds 1500 then just sell 1500 tickets.

What's to stop st mirren (just for arguments sake) switching a league game against celtic, to ibrox just to "maximise revenue" ?

Yeah! Like Sarah O and Julyan Sinclair... :o

Fuckin hell! I'd forgotten about them. What a cringefest that show was. Fans on "the terracing" and all. Maybe it can be revived with chico and traynor. that will surely be about their level of credibility now?