Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

David "tinfoilinsidehishat,insectsunderhisskin" Leggat's blog just gets better:

http://leggoland2.blogspot.co.uk/

I think this one might be his as well:

http://leggoland.blogspot.co.uk/

I've got some startling news for the SPL. And for the SFA. News which will blow Neil Doncaster and Stewart Regan further away than Alice's Wonderland, or even the Wonderful World of Oz.

It is all to do with what will happen if they decide Rangers have played players who were not properly registered with the SFA.

It will echo from Rio to Rotterdam. From Paris to Paisley.

HERE!

TOMORROW!

Lemme guess dave. Does it involve Venusian saucerships, the return of Quetzalcoatl and great Cthulu rising

from the ocean?

He claims lots of powerful people are aware of his blog, but I'm guessing they read it for the same reason as me - it's a fairly amusing WAY to START the DAY! EEVRY DAY! AND TOMORROW!

You need licensed to play in Europe - but do you definetely need an SFA club license to play in SPL? You don't in SFL as several clubs there have still never got their first license nevermind renewed it.

As well as National Club licensing, the Uefa Club licensing (Parts 3 & 4) applies to all SPL clubs. Part three includes audited accounts to be returned by 31st March. SFA don't have part 4 listed, so can't comment on it.

These rules only apply to SFL clubs if they qualify for Europe. A dispensation is given in such cases where qualification occurs after 31st March (i.e. a club qualifies via the Cup)

Edited by pollymac

Where was this reported?

It's all over Twitter. I know it's not the most reliable, but a number of journalists are reporting it, which I'm inclined to thinks means it's happened, if they were actually at the court.

My apologies, I assume this has been discussed already, but I've only just emerged from dissertation writing and have missed the last week or so on here, so I have some questions.

Now that it seems a certainty that Ticketus have won, could anyone recap what this means in terms of the conditional bids on the table? Were any/all of them reliant on winning this case? Does this make liquidation the only option? Does this result call for a party?!

Edited by Jussy

From STV:

A judge has refused an attempt by Rangers administrators to gain legal guidance on whether they could breach a £24.4m season ticket deal. Duff and Phelps had sought directions from the Court of Session over whether they could renege on the agreement and not pay Ticketus the proceeds of sales.

At the Court of Session on Friday Lord Hodge returned his decision on the move by the insolvency firm, stating that he would not give them guidance on what could be done in this case.

However, the judge declined to grant Ticketus preferential creditor status as Rangers seek to exit administration under a creditor voluntary agreement.

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/west-central/301435-rangers-administrators-lose-in-court-move-to-ditch-244m-ticketus-deal/

Pick the bones out of that. ;)

judge has declined to give rangers administrators legal guidance on how they could terminate the ticketus contract. so deal still stands

judge also declined to give ticketus preferential treatment as rangers creditors. they will join the queue like everybody else

from @stvdavidc

judge has declined to give rangers administrators legal guidance on how they could terminate the ticketus contract. so deal still stands

judge also declined to give ticketus preferential treatment as rangers creditors. they will join the queue like everybody else

from @stvdavidc

This is interesting. I didn't realise that Ticketus had asked for this.

Did it take this guy 3 weeks to turn round and say 'na, can't help you'? That's fucking brilliant.

I've got this vision of D+P then screeching out of the court car-park, back to Greyskull, to formulate their next dastardly move.