Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

But the SPL and the SFL are different bodies and don't need to be consistent.

However as Bennett has said it was the SFA that inposed the sanctions which the club accepted in order to have the SFA membership transferred from oldco to newco. If DAFC LTD go down the same route then it will be interesting to see what sanctions are applied by the SFA.

Have they?

Where can I find this information?

Rangers withhold paye and ni, probably wouldn't have fulfilled their fixtures of they hadn't and he thinks its the same as the pars gettin slapped with a tax bill because they are skint :lol: not worth arguing your case with this one buddy

However as Bennett has said it was the SFA that inposed the sanctions which the club accepted in order to have the SFA membership transferred from oldco to newco. If DAFC LTD go down the same route then it will be interesting to see what sanctions are applied by the SFA.

when that sort of thing happens its usually pay all football debts. Because your old club went running to the courts the sfa took the opportunity to hit u with that one as well. Won't happen to the pars if they're allowed down the newco route because its obviously different circumstances. The pars are by anyway, unless they get a groundshare next season they're gubbed

The taxman do not give you a tax bill because you are skint.

You think a tax bill is a fine?

You get a tax bill because you are due paye on players wages, obviously Dunfermline cannot afford these players as they have not been paying them either.

Try and dress this up anyway you want but Dunfermline have been living outwith their means for some time, they only have themselves to blame.

Not denying they have been living outwith their means and they do only have themselves to blame. On the other issue, I am not even goin to debate it because you have shown yourself up to be a tool.

Rangers withhold paye and ni, probably wouldn't have fulfilled their fixtures of they hadn't and he thinks its the same as the pars gettin slapped with a tax bill because they are skint :lol: not worth arguing your case with this one buddy

Tbh, I'm not sticking up for or making a case for Dunfermline.

They have, as Rangers did, brought this on themselves and should suffer the consequences.

I, however, find it interesting that many Rangers fans seem to demand consistency and accountability. To my mind, that is a major turnaround in their collective thought process.

Rubbish luck, hope you're feeling better and on the mend.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery pal and I hope that you're back there making up the numbers sooner than you think.

Just to get things straight were you or were you not included in the attendance figures? :)

Of course he was - and so were the ambulance men!

A more suitable punishment would've been?

Would you have accepted it?

I suppose the SFA might have thought a club in administration who's first act was to try and make a new signing obviously had the cash to pay.

So do you think that Dunfermline should be fined for not paying Paye or is should that punishment be reserved for only for Rangers?

I didn't think TRFC were concerned about the SFA fines (Like they were going to pay!) but about the expulsion from the SPL.

Thats a seperate issue if we're making comparisions with the Dunfermline situation, personally i'm against fines in these circumstances as it's petty and pointless.

When were rangers punished for not paying paye? Genuine question .

The registration embargo and a £160,000 fine were handed down to Rangers for a range of offences, mainly the club's failure to pay tax under former owner Craig Whyte, who was banned for life by the SFA after he was ruled unfit to hold an official role in the game.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/9416156/Rangers-newco-accept-12-month-transfer-ban-in-order-to-secure-SFA-admission.html

So do you think that Dunfermline should be fined for not paying Paye or is should that punishment be reserved for only for Rangers?

Answering a question with a question?

I think Dunfermline should be punished for not paying PAYE, of course. I haven't said or even hinted otherwise.

Now your turn. What would have been a more appropriate punishment than a fine and would Rangers have accepted it?

The registration embargo and a £160,000 fine were handed down to Rangers for a range of offences, mainly the club's failure to pay tax under former owner Craig Whyte, who was banned for life by the SFA after he was ruled unfit to hold an official role in the game.http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/9416156/Rangers-newco-accept-12-month-transfer-ban-in-order-to-secure-SFA-admission.html

Fair enough.

Answering a question with a question?

I think Dunfermline should be punished for not paying PAYE, of course. I haven't said or even hinted otherwise.

Now your turn. What would have been a more appropriate punishment than a fine and would Rangers have accepted it?

You think that a club in serious financial trouble should be hit with a fine?

Awa and dinna talk pish.

You think that a club in serious financial trouble should be hit with a fine?

Awa and dinna talk pish.

The law of finances, the world over, for almost all financial products and services is that if you don't pay, or even if you can't pay, then you are hit with a financial penalty.

Loans, mortgages, gas bills, overdrafts - the lot.

Tell us all a better way of doing things and we can change a fundamental practice of western society for the better.

So,.....i'm still waiting in the alternative?

The law of finances, the world over, for almost all financial products and services is that if you don't pay, or even if you can't pay, then you are hit with a financial penalty.

Loans, mortgages, gas bills, overdrafts - the lot.

Tell us all a better way of doing things and we can change a fundamental practice of western society for the better.

So,.....i'm still waiting in the alternative?

We're talking about a football association here, your point is irrelevant. An association which should eb helping member clubs in trouble, not hindering them.

We're talking about a football association here, your point is irrelevant. An association which should eb helping member clubs in trouble, not hindering them.

I disagree that my point is irrelevant. It also applies to companies.

So to take your point, when it became clear that Rangers hadn't paid the PAYE, you suggest that our governing bodies should have helped them. Should they have paid it for them?

The governance of our game, at least in principal, is to oversea the game for the common good. Of course there has to be deterrents to financial neglect. More and more so, we are seeing it becoming an issue for a lot of clubs.

The only question that we have is what should the penalties be and I'm still waiting on the answers to the questions I've put to you.

You can't give me them because it is an age old problem in all walks of life. It is supposed to deter, but the only way to make a detterent work is to actually apply it when an entity falls foul.

They have not paid any taxes since November, why did they not apply for admin in November?

They have not paid taxes in full since November, because they have not had the means to. They had home games against Falkirk and Raith in December and were expecting bumper crowds. Masterton is extremely devious, and knows how to get people to part with their money. An important skill for any aspiring banker, but he's no business man, and doesn't understand adminstration and insolvency laws. They should have gone into admin in January, but Masterton was in complete denial about the situation.

The registration embargo and a £160,000 fine were handed down to Rangers for a range of offences, mainly the club's failure to pay tax under former owner Craig Whyte, who was banned for life by the SFA after he was ruled unfit to hold an official role in the game.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/9416156/Rangers-newco-accept-12-month-transfer-ban-in-order-to-secure-SFA-admission.html

Would you rather get kicked out of football, or suspended from it instead? That was the stark reality, and you were too nieve to recognise it. Transfer ban for you is more covenient than anything else.

member of KDS? f**k off ya fruitcake, I go there for laughs.

What are you fishing for here? expect me to defend Craig Whyte? no the mans a dodgy cnut and I hope he gets banged up, bottom line is Rangers were ok till they got horsed out of the CL, he should have pulled the plug at this point, or at least sold off the entire squad and played the rest of the season with kids, he did not, he deliberately stopped paying the bills, nobody would give him finance because of the FTT, this was not Whytes fault it was Murray`s fault, i hope they both rot in hell.

This shit has been discussed a million times but you are happy to go over and over like the boring cnut you are, the original subject we were discussing was Dunfermline, they like Rangers should have pulled the plug or rapidly offloaded costs months before admin, both were guilty therefore of deliberately not paying bills.

Given there was protests outside the BBC after "that" documentary. How do you think the fans would have reacted if the authorites had blocked the takeover? CW isn't where you should be focusing your anger at. He was only providing cover for the real shysters in the story. What about Minty, Grier, Octopus and MCR (now D+P)?