Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

how many of the protesters will get lifted at their demo, we should open a book.

i had a look at the sun this morning( i know, i know. i made sure i washed my hands afterwards) and after reading what that clown Andy Goram was saying, fat Sally's comments and just the general feel of what the fans are thinking about boycotts etc. it can now be confirmed that this shower believe they have a sense of entitlement. most of the shite that they come out with is not really about saving their club, it is an attempt by them to ensure that any sanction is light enough that they can get back quickly to dominate football here, a very large section of their support only follow Rangers for the glory. the SFA with these sanctions have taken the prospects of glory away for a few years at least. so what will an Ayrshire/Lanarkshire/Aberdeenshire/highland/Borders etc etc Rangers fan do when their lives become empty and "ra people" become just people.

rangers fans, unable to take the rough with the smooth

All 4 of them.

Since the Daily Record and the Rangers "fans" are being very fond of philosophy this morning, here's one perhaps they ought to ponder on regarding the behaviour not merely of White and Murray, but that of McCoist and the various action groups in response to the SFA, HMRC, etc having the audacity to seek to punish them for several decades worth of cheating and swindling.

"Those whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad."

Every little helps :)

On another, not unrelated, matter....

My missus has been a bit irritating throughout this whole Rangers debacle in her endeavours to maintain a degree of sympathy and understanding for the 'ordinary' Rangers supporters. Much as I would consider myself as a reconstructed and forward thinking chap, I actually found myself telling her that she simply didn't understand the situation yesterday. As you can imagine, this went down well.

We then caught the brief BBC Scotland TV news report at 10.35pm last night, and 3 Rangers supporters were offering their erudite and measured responses. The missus watched in barely disguised disgust, then commented that 'they could at least have found a few who look remotely normal'. I explained that this was the very point, these guys ARE the norm.

I think the penny might have dropped :rolleyes:

I agree. They made "the big hoose" guy look quite the hunk!

You know this will be the week you take them to the cleaners, don't you!

Erm, I think I'll be able to live with it. :P

If I do win big I'll go and buy lots of Carling from Tesco and then some Scotland merchandise from Greaves.

Raith fans can be proud. Their chairman is allegedly one of the Hampden three.

Well in Raith.

Having read these forums off and on for far too many years - I seem to remember that said Raith Rovers official used to post on this site's predecessor - (First Division Online) - his name certainly rings a bell from somewhere?

As Rene Descartes once almost put it: "Je pens, donc je ne suis pas un supporter de Rangers"

..and let's not forget Marcel Proust's,"À la recherche du Gers perdu"!

I don't. Certainly not in most cases. Portsmouth fans were foaming at the mouth as they got it up Southampton and won the cup, were high up the EPL, and were signing star names. Livingston and their fcuking drummer enjoyed an SPL 3rd place finish, European football, a trophy win, and signing players they couldn't afford. Dundee were signing Fabrizio Ravanelli FFS, and assembled a throng of skilful Argentinians and were looking to take on the OF. Leeds nearly won the Champions League FFS... No need to go on.

Obviously, every case is different - but it seems to me that while the good times were rolling on the never-never, most fans of these clubs were happy to act like Johnny big baws and lap it up.

Tough titty when the excrement does hit the air conditioning. Hey, just my opinion.

I sympathised with Partick and Morton when they had money troubles, genuine money troubles not caused by chasing impossible dreams. Clubs like Livvy, Gretna Dundee, then you are right, no sympathy.

love the graciousness of the bears 'oh yeah we accept that we've done something wrong but think about Hearts & Killie & bus drivers & bakers that will go out of business' :lol: gid yin lads!

It's still not sinking in, they can't 'just apply to England' they can ertainly apply as a newco to the SFL but all the punishments that would apply in the SFL will still be transferred across! Whyte is of no mind to just give away Ibrox/Murray Park & has a point to prove to the SFA by making it as difficult as possible. The longer this goes on the more I get to thinking there just isn't enough time to do anything in time for next season, the legalities of notice for creditors, EGMs, winding up orders.

The other SPL chairmen should be having a good look at their wage bill right now, there's no league sponsor & no signed TV deal, anyone that doesn't cut their cloth has no one to blame but themselves.

It will be interesting to see the rangers fans reactions when the players start heading down south the day the transfer window opens but the absolute cherry on the cake of this whole situation will be when the SFA informs everyone that Paul Murray has failed their fit & proper persons test & the blue knights takeover (the only deal on the table) is being blocked

If I remember correctly, it wasn't when Partick Thistle were in money troubles. It was back in 2008-2009 when they were battling it out for promotion to the Premier with St Johnstone.

He was objecting to the way the Scottish (read Glasgow) media were all getting behind Partick Thistle's push for promotion, with much of the "good old Partick Thistle" stuff in overdrive, and saying the way they'd reinvented themselves as the "cuddly club" of Scottish football was largely via stealing Third Lanark's grave clothes (who, contrary to Billy Connolly's revisionism, were the standard butt of jokes for the Jimmy Logans, Chic Murrays and other such post-vauderville "legends").

It was an easy swipe to make - were it not for their ludicrous number of draws that year, St Johnstone would have wrapped up promotion far sooner, being streets ahead of everyone else, so it wasn't as if he was pissing off any SPL apparant supporters, and he knew it.

The punchline of course was his assertion that having three Glasgow clubs in the top tier was "bad" for the game. Cheer up, Traynor, three years later and very soon there's going to be a permanent vacancy in your "two Glasgow Clubs only" slot.

:)

Separate incidents. He's got perma-rage wherever Thistle are concerned.

As Rene Descartes once almost put it: "Je pens, donc je ne suis pas un supporter de Rangers"

..and let's not forget Marcel Proust's,"À la recherche du Gers perdu"!

...and Thomas Hobbes - “The life of the h*n is solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short”

NorthLondonloyal

I hate what is being done to the club I have supported all my life, it's the one thing that brings me closer to my two sons an keeps our family so strong.

I am distraught, truly distraught.

:blink::lol:

1) I am sorry this person has spawned offspring

2) RFC (IA) is the one thing that brings you closer to your sons? Christ on a bike!

Having read these forums off and on for far too many years - I seem to remember that said Raith Rovers official used to post on this site's predecessor - (First Division Online) - his name certainly rings a bell from somewhere?

he certainly did and has posted on this site .the said RR official is not the chairman