Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

If Rangers' newco gets straight into the SPL I will boycott every game and never buy a season ticket ever again.

Edited by uni

Fixtures for last season were out on Friday June 17th.

Safe to assume then that a lot of work needs done in the weeks prior to that June 17 announcement. Also safe to assume then that the SPL must have some sort of date in mind by which they simply must know if Rangers are even capable of being included in their plans. Neil Doncaster's deadline for this simply cannot be as wooly and elastic as Haudit & Daudit's. At some point soon, very soon I would suggest, something has to give. As an aside, even if the will does exist to admit a Newco Rangers to next season's SPL - how in the name of goodness could anyone logistically get it together in time? The administration itself has been rumbling along since Feb 14.

In view of Haudit & Daudit's never-ending 'deadlines' and this saga still rumbling along with no end in sight - from a purely logistical standpoint, do we know when the SPL deadline for getting next season sorted is?

I mean in regard to arranging fixtures, giving Ross County a home game to raise the flag, getting the schedules to Sky, looking over all the new SPL kits to make sure they conform and don't clash.... the works. All the stuff that needs done. How long can the SPL actually wait and watch?

Let's imagine Rangers never entered administration, and we were heading into a normal close season, with County coming up, and the bottom team going down. No other issues, no problems - when would they have everything in place for 2012/13 to get into gear?

No idea when they need to set a DEADLINE...

As for clashing kits - surely having St Johnstone, Inverness and Ross County in the same division means you don;t put blue in your away kit...

No idea when they need to set a DEADLINE...

As for clashing kits - surely having St Johnstone, Inverness and Ross County in the same division means you don;t put blue in your away kit...

I just used the kits as one example of the myriad of stuff needing done. Another example would be that they hold meetings with all the SPL club's commercial managers to discuss the coming season's sponsorship and associated matters. Say they have a deal with a certain energy drink company - they tell everyone to ensure their players aren't interviewed holding a rival brand... etc, etc. A lot of nuts and bolts stuff goes on. All of this needs sorted and scheduled - will Rangers be there? Just Ross County's commercial people? Are Dundee on standby?

Safe to assume then that a lot of work needs done in the weeks prior to that June 17 announcement. Also safe to assume then that the SPL must have some sort of date in mind by which they simply must know if Rangers are even capable of being included in their plans. Neil Doncaster's deadline for this simply cannot be as wooly and elastic as Haudit & Daudit's. At some point soon, very soon I would suggest, something has to give. As an aside, even if the will does exist to admit a Newco Rangers to next season's SPL - how in the name of goodness could anyone logistically get it together in time? The administration itself has been rumbling along since Feb 14.

I seem to recall that when Gretna went down the pan, the SFL fixtures were all issued and confirmed and all that happened was that the relevant teams were just slotted into the relevant spots. So in Rangers case, moving to Div 3, they would take on the fixtures of the team losing the Div 2 play offs.

Edited by archie guevara

We were discussing it in the boozer on the weekend, and the fixtures deadline seemed to the be the one thing we thought was impossible to shift. The natural cycle of football meaning that at some point in the next month a decision will have to be made as to where Rangers are playing next season, regardless of whether the administrators or HMRC have sorted anything out.

Then we assumed we'll be playing a summer calendar starting next April, just to give Rangers more time to sort themselves out, and went back to the TV.

I just used the kits as one example of the myriad of stuff needing done. Another example would be that they hold meetings with all the SPL club's commercial managers to discuss the coming season's sponsorship and associated matters. Say they have a deal with a certain energy drink company - they tell everyone to ensure their players aren't interviewed holding a rival brand... etc, etc. A lot of nuts and bolts stuff goes on. All of this needs sorted and scheduled - will Rangers be there? Just Ross County's commercial people? Are Dundee on standby?

A big issue you're missing with Dundee potentially coming up is that they couldn't just subsitute Dundee fixtures for what would have been Rangers fixtures, as Dundee and Dundee Utd. can't play at home on the same day. Whether they fixed that easily with making one a Saturday and one a Sunday is another matter.

There's also the matter of fitting any of this around the fact that at the moment Rangers and Celtic can't play at home on the same day, and County and Caley can't play at home on the same weekend. Add to that trying to keep the derby dates right, and next season's fixture list will be chaos to plan.

Without meaning to run the risk of incurring HibeeJibees wrath, because I'm sure he'll know exactly when deadlines will be etc - I can't help but feel that if it meant keeping Rangers (or anything resembling them) in the SPL next season, you would find that one poor team (probably United, seeing as they're tarriers and all) wouldn't have a clue who they were playing, right up until kick off - and then that mystery team would appear from the tunnel with a puff of smoke behind them.

"Tonight Matthew, we're gonna be - Glasgow Rangers!!!!"

In view of Haudit & Daudit's never-ending 'deadlines' and this saga still rumbling along with no end in sight - from a purely logistical standpoint, do we know when the SPL deadline for getting next season sorted is?

I mean in regard to arranging fixtures, giving Ross County a home game to raise the flag, getting the schedules to Sky, looking over all the new SPL kits to make sure they conform and don't clash.... the works. All the stuff that needs done. How long can the SPL actually wait and watch?

Let's imagine Rangers never entered administration, and we were heading into a normal close season, with County coming up, and the bottom team going down. No other issues, no problems - when would they have everything in place for 2012/13 to get into gear?

according to the rags last week the company/computer who actually fix.....a mean carry out the fixture draw requires the list of teams around the 7th june.

Supporters remain opposed to losing the heritage and history of the existing club, but McCoist believes it wouldn’t be a disaster. He said: ‘If it happened, we would still have the history of the club, absolutely. I have done a bit of homework on it and newcos have happened at clubs like Plymouth and Crystal Palace.

‘I can imagine people would try to wind up supporters about it — that’s part and parcel of the game.

‘But, make no mistake, we wouldn’t lose our history at all. We wouldn’t allow that to happen.

‘If there is a team playing at Ibrox in blue shirts, it’s Rangers'

You know, this might be the first time Ally has nailed it. We know your slimy cheats will be back somehow, but your history dies with the name. From that day forth, the best song you will have given to fans of every team the world over, regardless of which league, country or anything else is:

'Are you Rangers in disguise....?'

A big issue you're missing with Dundee potentially coming up is that they couldn't just subsitute Dundee fixtures for what would have been Rangers fixtures, as Dundee and Dundee Utd. can't play at home on the same day. Whether they fixed that easily with making one a Saturday and one a Sunday is another matter.

There's also the matter of fitting any of this around the fact that at the moment Rangers and Celtic can't play at home on the same day, and County and Caley can't play at home on the same weekend. Add to that trying to keep the derby dates right, and next season's fixture list will be chaos to plan.

...and Tayside police are reluctant to sanction Friday night games, and New Year derbies 'tend' to involve 'local' clubs playing each other - Dundee are local to Dundee Utd and St Johstone, not local to say Celtic, so the clock is ticking and its not just down replacing one team's name with another....

Edited by eightmile

Have a wee look at your Desmond's repeated mentions in the various corruption inquiry's in the South of Ireland and the tie in with De-beers of blood diamond fame merits a mention don't you think.

^^^ Celtic in administration thread for this pish

(did i do that right, always wanted to do it)

" their guvnor is a bawbag too" is not an adequate nor relevant defence for the financial shenanigans of ra peepul

...and Tayside police are reluctant to sanction Friday night games, and New Year derbies 'tend' to involve 'local' clubs playing each other - Dundee are local to Dundee Utd and St Johstone not to say Celtic, so the clock is ticking and its not just down replacing one team's name with another....

My point exactly. They did that with the Livingston/Airdrie fiasco, but this is far more complicated than that for the reasons listed.

Kaiser Desmond's ok, he ripped off the Irish Taxpayer to cheat Celtic's path to titles, not the HMRC. rolleyes.gif

http://politico.ie/p...d-the-boss.html

In what way were they ripped off?

It seems he did nothing wrong in terms of 'tax evasion' he just bribed the government to change tax law so he could pay less. Nice work if you can get it.

I seem to recall that when Gretna went down the pan, the SFL fixtures were all issued and confirmed and all that happened was that the relevant teams were just slotted into the relevant spots. So in Rangers case, moving to Div 3, they would take on the fixtures of the team losing the Div 2 play offs.

Will they not need to ensure that Rangers 2012 and Queens Park don't have home fixtures on the same day?