Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Wi-Fi firm 802 Works in bid to ring-fence Rangers cash

_87669679_87669677.jpgImage copyrightGetty Images

A company which provided Wi-Fi services to Rangers is bidding to have £300,000 of the club's cash ring-fenced.

802 Works Ltd claims the club has not paid a bill for work at Ibrox and wants the cash frozen to ensure payment if Rangers go bust.

Rangers say the firm breached the contract as the system cannot be used by 50,000 people at the same time.

A sheriff will rule on Friday whether an arrestment warrant granted two weeks ago should remain or be lifted.

At Glasgow Sheriff Court, lawyers for 802 Works said the firm wanted the money ring-fenced to ensure payment if the club goes into insolvency.

Annual losses

The court was told that Rangers "over a considerable period", had been operating at a loss of £7.5m per year.

Various accounts were lodged at the court, including an audited report dated October 2015, showing financial information and an account showing more recent figures that were taken from the club's account system.

The most recent figures were objected to by the representative of 802 Works.

Solicitor advocate Simon Catto, representing 802 Works, said the audited report showed a full year's accounts and a loss of around £7.5m per year should be preferred.

He said: "These are the only documents that should be looked at when considering if there is a risk of insolvency."

Counsel for the club, Christopher Wilson, told the court that the sum sued for is 2% of the turnover.

He said: "The company is turning over that amount each week."

The court heard Rangers have repaid a £5m loan from Sports Direct.

Mr Catto said the defence case, that only 10,000 users could access the Wi-Fi in the stadium and that constituted a breach of contract, was "feeble".

The court was told it was "quite clear from documents" that there was no intention that anything like 50,000 people would be able to use the system simultaneously.

Hrhm.

Couple of things sticking out;

a) if the wi-fi isn't fit for purpose, why take so long to dispute it as being not fit for purpose and cease payment? Am I right in thinking that the best the club will get is still having to keep paying for services rendered but the wi-fi provider have to carry out additional works to make the wi-fi up to the agreed spec, assuming of course that this isn't just bullshitting to try to weasel out of paying for the wi-fi.

b) why on earth would the wi-fi have to be usable by 50,000 simultaneously? Are they expecting every single fan, assuming every game is a sellout, to be on their phone live tweeting or whatever for the full 90 minutes tweeting? I always assumed the wi-fi was more for media/office functions on the admin side rather than so fans can sit on their phone for the whole game...

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

b) why on earth would the wi-fi have to be usable by 50,000 simultaneously? Are they expecting every single fan, assuming every game is a sellout, to be on their phone live tweeting or whatever for the full 90 minutes tweeting? I always assumed the wi-fi was more for media/office functions on the admin side rather than so fans can sit on their phone for the whole game...

They need to all look up which school the ref went to in event of a penalty against them

Hrhm.

a) if the wi-fi isn't fit for purpose, why take so long to dispute it as being not fit for purpose and cease payment? Am I right in thinking that the best the club will get is still having to keep paying for services rendered but the wi-fi provider have to carry out additional works to make the wi-fi up to the agreed spec, assuming of course that this isn't just bullshitting to try to weasel out of paying for the wi-fi.

I'd imagine so people can check the scores at half-time?

I certainly try to check the scores from other games most weeks, and most weeks the 3G doesn't even work.

I certainly try to check the scores from other games most weeks, and most weeks the 3G doesn't even work.

My phone tells me my 4G should be working. But 8/10 times it doesn't work.

Never been able to find wi-fi to connect to.

Hrhm.

90mins :lol: :lol:

They only really need it to work for 70/75 mins.

Even still - isn't it cheaper just to get someone to read the half-time scores out across the Scottish leagues?

Hard not to see the wi-fi as anything other than a massive waste of money for what few benefits having it brings relative to the cost, in any case.

Just showing themselves as a bill dodging, tax dodging entity, like the first club. What was it The King said.....other clubs would be proud to be as well run and debt free like Rangers (Sevco) Dear God, both clubs are a national embarrassment

I fucking knew we were getting some comedy our way when they started getting all cocksure over the weekend. It happens every time they get uppity.

Come on **** tell us again how superior you are. I could do with a good belly laugh.

when I saw Forever_Bloo's 'we welcome the chase / 54 and counting' pish over the last few days I suspected that troubled times were just around the corner.

Has anyone maintained a checklist so we will know when Rangers2012 reach '54 court cases and counting'?

Even still - isn't it cheaper just to get someone to read the half-time scores out across the Scottish leagues?

Hard not to see the wi-fi as anything other than a massive waste of money for what few benefits having it brings relative to the cost, in any case.

Sounds like the team during the EBT years

Edited by killingfloorman

when I saw Forever_Bloo's 'we welcome the chase / 54 and counting' pish over the last few days I suspected that troubled times were just around the corner.

Has anyone maintained a checklist so we will know when Rangers2012 reach '54 court cases and counting'?

Am sure you and willie will have another banner to mark the occasion