Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

This is taking diddy casuistry to a new level, Stoney. So we're the same club but a different football club. I'll have to find something stronger than a pint of London Pride for that to make sense.

It's easy min. We'll use an Elvis analogy.

Elvis, like Rangers Football Club, is dead. Many of Elvis' fans think he is alive but that is just a coincidence and unimportant for purposes of the analogy. Elvis fans have fan clubs and associations all over the world. These clubs and all Elvis related entities and individuals could be viewed as an Elvis club, like the Rangers club I mentioned.

Elvis lives.

Has the general got cold feet?

StvGrant

Mike Ashley appears to have dropped his legal case against SFA to try overturn Dave King fit and proper ruling. Court will confirm tomorrow

Interesting that Duff and Phelps are handling the Administration for another company bought for £1 and seemingly deliberately bankrupted after leaching money away in over generous Directors' renumeration, BHS.

Edited by welshbairn

Some interesting quotes from today's court fiasco:

Grant Russell â€@STVGrant

SFA lawyer says South Africa tax decision on King was not pay fine as alternative to jail. Rather, if you don't pay, you go to jail.

MASH says had no idea King had been provided with "certificate of good standing by SARS",

MASH accepted after seeing information that SFA had done all law required of it.

Wunfies and Ken`s hero John James was blogging this yesterday...

Tomorrow’s petition in regard to the SFA’s decision to approve a convicted criminal as ‘fit & proper’ promises to be explosive. I exchanged messages with someone close to the case and he stated that Ashley’s submissions were ‘dynamite.’ Career criminal King will be hung out to dry tomorrow and there will be no hiding place for the SFA.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

Isn't that prat a sevco fan? Imagine him getting hopeful the SFA (you guys still hate the SFA for your "punishments" yes?) and a criminal would stop messing with his club. Oh well. Tough titty I suppose.

Some interesting quotes from today's court fiasco:

SFA lawyer says South Africa tax decision on King was not pay fine as alternative to jail. Rather, if you don't pay, you go to jail.

MASH says had no idea King had been provided with "certificate of good standing by SARS",

MASH accepted after seeing information that SFA had done all law required of it.

^^^^ doesn't use twitter.

Wunfies and Ken`s hero John James was blogging this yesterday...

Tomorrow’s petition in regard to the SFA’s decision to approve a convicted criminal as ‘fit & proper’ promises to be explosive. I exchanged messages with someone close to the case and he stated that Ashley’s submissions were ‘dynamite.’ Career criminal King will be hung out to dry tomorrow and there will be no hiding place for the SFA.[/size]

:lol:[/size]  :lol:[/size]  :lol:[/size]  :lol:[/size]  :lol:[/size]  :lol:[/size] [/size]

^^^^ doesn't follow bloggers.

Mike Ashley is an absolute bellend of the highest order. He takes everyone to court and loses, he gets almost as much wrong as Phil. Hopefully Newcastle go down and he can clear out of football as he's no good for anything he gets involved in.

Dave King is still a lying criminal who shouldn't be trusted, but that doesn't make Mike Ashley immune from well-deserved criticism.

He was outed as a celtic fan ages ago, used the same email address to register for forums, even most celtic fans accept him as one of their own a long time ago.

I have no hate for the SFA, all they did here was follow their own rules and even received a certificate of good standing for King from SARS, you really should direct your anger at Mike Ashley for forcing the SFA to spend money to defend this nonsense.

Sorry to disapoint but I've no anger to direct Tedi. Last thing I want is King out and Ashley in charge, god only knows what drugs this JJ character is on if what you say is true. However I will happily defer to your blogging expertise.

He was outed as a celtic fan ages ago, used the same email address to register for forums, even most celtic fans accept him as one of their own a long time ago.

I have no hate for the SFA, all they did here was follow their own rules and even received a certificate of good standing for King from SARS, you really should direct your anger at Mike Ashley for forcing the SFA to spend money to defend this nonsense.

A certificate of good standing just means he is not insolvent, allowed to trade in that country and his debts are paid. He still has a criminal record for tax evasion.

Mike Ashley is an absolute bellend of the highest order. He takes everyone to court and loses, he gets almost as much wrong as Phil. Hopefully Newcastle go down and he can clear out of football as he's no good for anything he gets involved in.

Dave King is still a lying criminal who shouldn't be trusted, but that doesn't make Mike Ashley immune from well-deserved criticism.

Spot on.

I've said before that this battle is like Syria (although obviously more trivial).

There really is no good guy.

I'm assuming this certificate of good standing from SARS was received before the SFA made their decision.  Strange that they didn't mention it at the time - might have saved so much wasted effort.

Some really diddy-esque words from a MASH spokesman after TFB abandoned his case against The SFA::

This afternoon a Mash spokesman urged the SFA to "come clean with the public about all its dealings in relation to Dave King".

He said: "We are delighted that the wall of secrecy surrounding the SFA’s decision to declare Dave King a 'fit and proper person' is finally crumbing.

"As a result of legal action concluded today, the SFA has been forced to divulge documents in private to us that reveal the true reasons behind this controversial decision.

"This represents a significant victory for MASH and we believe there is a strong public interest in this information now also being made available by the SFA to all football fans.

"We therefore urge the SFA to come clean with the public about all its dealings in relation to Dave King.

"MASH notes that the SFA did not approve Dave King to be a director of the football club (The Rangers Football Club Limited, the body which has membership of the SFA), but instead only approved him as a director of the club’s holding company (Rangers International Football Club plc).

"We find it astonishing that Mr King talks and acts as if he runs Rangers, whilst at the same time his lawyers claim he is not a de facto director of The Rangers Football Club Limited."

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/7113831/Stop-your-personal-vandetta-Ashley-drops-ANOTHER-court-case-against-Dave-King.html