Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Not a fan of hyperbole? Are there any other common figures of speech we should refrain from employing?

You're doing your usual stalwart thing of sticking up for the grey and green morons and their fellow travellers.  BTW "back in the dark ages" is not a figure of speech...it is simply a wrong statement but there is no possibility of the wee fleecy fud correcting himself.

Let's talk about figures of speech, though.  Synecdoche is a figure of speech in which a word or phrase that refers to a part of something is substituted to stand in for the whole,  See Sellick.  See Flegs on seats.

You're doing your usual stalwart thing of sticking up for the grey and green morons and their fellow travellers.  BTW "back in the dark ages" is not a figure of speech...it is simply a wrong statement but there is no possibility of the wee fleecy fud correcting himself.

Let's talk about figures of speech, though.  Synecdoche is a figure of speech in which a word or phrase that refers to a part of something is substituted to stand in for the whole,  See Sellick.  See Flegs on seats.

If I were I a diddy i'd say:  Similie..Like Rangers but not the same.  See Sevco.

It's a shame there's so much hate for Dundee United due to the fact they were originally founded as an Irish Catholic club.

You'd think that the Rangers support would move on.

Why do you perpetuate this myth?

To suit an agenda?

Myself and and any Rangers fan I know personally, never had so much as an opinion on Dundee Utd till Thompson started flapping his gums about integrity, running a club correctly etc etc....seems so ironic now.

He, more than most, stuck the boot into us and was happy to take the limelight and the plaudits for it.

His particular chickens have come home to roost.

I'm only speaking for myself here but I suspect the glee from Gers fans is more anti-Thompson based as opposed to anti-Utd.

Never had any issue with Eddie who seemed a decent man.

If I were I a diddy i'd say:  Similie..Like Rangers but not the same.  See Sevco.

What are you doing here? Is your spelling of simile also an example of this humour you refer to? I genuinely don't know if you're trying to be funny or not.

'Back in the dark ages' is surely a metaphor, no?

Would this not indeed make it a figure of speech?

Ironic or not he had a point, no ?

The irony lies in the fact he has been guilty of doing exactly what he took the moral high ground upon.

Did he have a point at the time? Of course he did. It was hardly beyond dispute.

Did he milk it and take centre stage in saying it. Yes. That again is beyond dispute.

He was lauded for it.

It's only natural as a Rangers fan we enjoy his subsequent downfall due to his own failings when he was only too happy to lecture before.

My point is, there is no great feeling from Rangers fans towards Dundee Utd as a team, merely their chairman,

Edited by Solitaire

But we have/did.

Please rush back at any time if you feel there is anything else to address.  

We've spoken about Stephen Thompson and Dundee Utd before?

Really?

Do show me the posts.

I'll apologise profusely if true.

I'll expect nothing less if false.

No.  'The dark ages' is pretty well defined from a history POV.  That neither you nor the diddy who used the term know this is shameful.

Of course I know this.

It is undeniably metaphorical though.

Are you really going to attempt to argue otherwise?

^^^here

^^^here

^^^yup, here too

^^^And defo here

So you're saying we've talked about this before referring to posts I made on the same thread in the same conversation?

Grasping much? C'mon :lol: 

If you've nothing left to say and consider yourself done, feel free to depart.

Tis a Rangers thread after all.

Door and arse... 

Mind and hurry backs

xxhugsxx

You choose to post here.

I don't make you.

This site is designed to give you an easy, cheap pot-shot at Rangers and oh how you have.

Annoying now, we're fighting back?

This thread might have been designed to mock my club but I find it very convenient to defend it.

This a Rangers thread...I'm a Rangers fan.

I'll stay....you do what you want. :thumsup2