whisky lovers

I do like Black Bottle It has to be said.

Black bottle has changed recently. The new blend is less smokey and a little bit sweeter. It's very drinkable.

I think it's the only blend I regularly drink (with coke, ice and a drop of angostura bitters).

Talking of speysides can anyone recommend one for me. I have tried mcallan gold,tomintoul ,tomatin and glenfiddich basic offerings and thought they were all shite.

I have a variety of islands,islays and highlands but can't get onboard with speysides at all. To me they range from bland to actually having a bitter tcp aftertaste.

Go for the Glen Dronach 12 yo sherry cask. I think I paid about £40 last Christmas as a wee treat to myself.

I'm making more of an effort to get into whisky. I've said this before but never got round to buying anything for the flat, instead just having a dram when I'm out.

I picked up Glenmorangie 10 y.o. the other day (Morrison's had it on offer) and I got a selection of Glenfarclas miniatures for Christmas (10, 12, and 105 Cask Strength). Looking forward to getting fired into some of them over the coming weeks.

Anyone ever tried a Japanese whisky, they seem to be highly rated.

I quite like Yamazaki 12yo & 18yo. Other than them the only other Japanese whiskey I've tried was a blended whisky called Hibiki 21yo which was alright.

Over the last few days I've tried Glenrothes Select Reserve, which I thought was ok but probably a bit young to be good, & a Aldi Bottle of some speyside whisky that they have called Glen Marnoch 24yo, it was good but not amazing. It was one of those whiskies that taste better a couple of minutes after you have swallowed it.

I think the next whisky I'm going to try is Glenfarclas. Has anybody on here tried that?

I quite like Yamazaki 12yo & 18yo. Other than them the only other Japanese whiskey I've tried was a blended whisky called Hibiki 21yo which was alright.

Over the last few days I've tried Glenrothes Select Reserve, which I thought was ok but probably a bit young to be good, & a Aldi Bottle of some speyside whisky that they have called Glen Marnoch 24yo, it was good but not amazing. It was one of those whiskies that taste better a couple of minutes after you have swallowed it.

I think the next whisky I'm going to try is Glenfarclas. Has anybody on here tried that?

I bought this for my mum's Christmas. I normally spend ages choosing a whisky for her but was short on time and a late trip to Asda resulted in me getting this. She hasn't tried it yet but from the online reviews I think the price is a bit much for something like this, although it still gets decent reviews.

Go for the Glen Dronach 12 yo sherry cask. I think I paid about £40 last Christmas as a wee treat to myself.

Standard GlenDronach 15yo is far superior to the 12 & 18 year olds imo. To be pernickity, I think that's more of a Highland than a Speyside though seeing as it's outside Huntly.

Glenrothes would be my suggestion for a Speyside starter though.

Visiting a friend tonight with a nice collection:

Kilchoman 5yo

** SMWS Mortlach 12yo miniature

** Bunnahabhain 18yo

** SMWS Macallan 12yo

** Caol Ila 17yo

Glenfiddich 12yo

Bruichladdich 16yo Bourbon Cask

** Lagavulin distillery only edition

** Laphroaig 10yo

** Balvenie Tun 1401 mixed blend

** Glenfiddich 15yo

** Laphroaig 18yo

** Lagavulin 16yo

** Talisker 10yo

** - These ones are unopened, yet!

He's collected these mostly on distillery tours. Pretty special stuff!!

And there's empty bottles sadly:

Caol Ila distillery only edition

SMWS Bruichladdich 8yo

SMWS Mortlach 20yo