whisky lovers

Just saw this tonight as the thread's had a wee bump recently and I hereby declare it's the first I've ever heard of gold label.

Where does it fit in the 'hierarchy'? Between blue and green? Below blue and green? Or something else?

Not sure. Looking at the price I would say below blue and green

Going through T5 last week I saw black label , double black, gold ( in a bling gold bottle) platinum and I think an explorer range. If you like JW whiskys you've got a lot of drinking to do!

1 litre of Grouse currently at £13.99 in Morrisons.

Limit 3 bottles / customer.

That is an amazing price especially when you consider that the excise duty on that will be over £10.

The co-op near me had some good deals as well, Glenlivet 12yo, Glenmorangie 12yo and Jura all at £22.

Having no luck trying to find anywhere that sells Wild Turkey in Inverness, not even the Whiskey Shop on Bridge Street.

So anywhere in Glasgow, Edinburgh or Aberdeen that stocks it will do, I will pick up a bottle next time I'm through.

Any help here?.

Having no luck trying to find anywhere that sells Wild Turkey in Inverness, not even the Whiskey Shop on Bridge Street.

So anywhere in Glasgow, Edinburgh or Aberdeen that stocks it will do, I will pick up a bottle next time I'm through.

Any help here?.

Have you tried Tesco? They do it online for £17.99, so they might have it at the retail park or Inshes.

Have you tried Tesco? They do it online for £17.99, so they might have it at the retail park or Inshes.

Def' not at Inches, I'll try the retail park other wise I will have to wait until a football trip. Wouldn't mind this for Hogmanay, otherwise I will just pick a nice malt. Quite like the Island Malts like Tobermory, Bowmore or Laphroaig. Have yet to try a Jura malt so might go for that for the bells and for a couple of drams while watching the 6 Nations on the box in February.

Def' not at Inches, I'll try the retail park other wise I will have to wait until a football trip. Wouldn't mind this for Hogmanay, otherwise I will just pick a nice malt. Quite like the Island Malts like Tobermory, Bowmore or Laphroaig. Have yet to try a Jura malt so might go for that for the bells and for a couple of drams while watching the 6 Nations on the box in February.

You often get great deals on malts at the West End Garage shop on Strathpeffer Road in Dingwall, if you're passing..

Tobermory = doss

Bowmore= doss

Laphroaig=smoky doss

Jura = 10 yo unpeated affa bland. 16 yo diurach fucking trmendous full bodies fruity spicy,perfect Xmas whisky

Tobermory = doss

Bowmore= doss

Laphroaig=smoky doss

Jura = 10 yo unpeated affa bland. 16 yo diurach fucking trmendous full bodies fruity spicy,perfect Xmas whisky

I think I will go and buy a Jura, 16 yro you say?. Might just go for that, plus the Wild Turkey. Cheers ;)

http://www.whisky.com/brands/jura_brand.html

http://www.jurawhisky.com/en/

I see Asda are selling the 16yo malt for £37

Edited by CityDave

Indeed, sounds well worth it. I will probably make the bottle last for a few months.

For a similar price you could get a bottle of Bowmore Darkest. Which I think is the best Bowmore you can get without having to pay silly prices.

I might be a bit biased though as I used to work for them.

If you don't have any luck at the West End Filling Station, the Skiach by Evanton stock and order a fair amount for Christmas. Wild Turkey was definitely on the pricelist as I was looking at it yesterday.

Spent a nice afternoon in the Pot Still in Glasgow.

Had three whiskies.

Benromach 10 YO. Glengoyne 17 YO and Springbank 12 YO.

My favourite of them was the Glengoyne 17 YO.

post-32863-13866174366344_thumb.jpg

Since I was slightly lubricated I decided to buy a bottle of their own commissioned 6YO single malt by Glenburgie.

Edited by lau03143