What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Sicario - 7/10. I dunno if I actually liked this film or not. It starts off great but kinda fades away for me even though plenty happens in it. Benicio Del Toro is on amazing form though.

I was a bit disappointed, seemed more like a TV show to me.

Cheers. 2D or 3D?

I have only seen it in 2D so I'm probably not the best person to comment on that. 2D was decent enough but I tend not to like 3D so if 3D's your thing then I imagine it would be pretty spectacular with all the absolute #scenes

I have only seen it in 2D so I'm probably not the best person to comment on that. 2D was decent enough but I tend not to like 3D so if 3D's your thing then I imagine it would be pretty spectacular with all the absolute #scenes

Nah, the only film I thought merited 3D was Gravity, and maybe Avatar at a push. 2D it is.

Creed

A decent enough film that seems semi believable, unlike most recent rocky efforts. Real boxers give it an authentic touch.

7/10

Loved the fact that Andre Ward didn't even get a fight in a film.

Northern Limit Line, a South Korean film about a naval skirmish between the two Koreas during the third place game in the World Cup held in South Korea & Japan. Bit jingoistic and probably extremely biased as the South Koreans are no angels just because the DPRK has what is arguably the world's most mental regime, but found myself getting quite emotional over it as it was very well done. If you see it on a flight entertainment system like I did, it's worth a look. 8/10

Legend.

Tom hardy krays remake. 7/10

I thought it was ace, well worth a 9/10, Hardy is the best thing since Brando. Also I can't wait for the OST LP, even if it's just for the Timi Yuro track.

Loved it from start to finish.

Grimbo

Watched a few films over the holidays.

Hateful Eight - 8/10 - Not Tarantino's best work but still enjoyable. Started slow but picked up halfway through.

The Lobster - 8/10 - Very strange film but very enjoyable.

Joy - 7/10 - Jennifer Lawrence carried the film.

How has everyone seen the hateful 8 already? I was going to go to the cinema next week but I could do with watching something as I lie in a heap all day.

We're all bad people. Once some kind person lets you in on the secret,I can highly recommend The Big Short,a yet-to-be-released drama about the 2008 financial meltdown.

The grand Budapest hotel.

Only decided to watch this after seeing clips of Ralph Fiennes in it and thought it would be fun. Actually really enjoyed it aswell, Fiennes' ott portrayal of a camp concierge was a hoot. Outstanding ensemble cast aswell ranging from Bill Murray and Harvey kietel.

Not seen much of Wes Andersons film apart from Steve Zissiou and this so I think I might start his filmography and see how they play out.

7/10

I am indeed. The best 16.40 a month I could hope to spend.

Daft question - are Odeon's franchised? :unsure:

(I'm assuming it's Odeon you hold yours with!)

EDIT : seems you're Cineworld. Odeon are trifling their own version 'limitless' at £17.50 a month. In Guildford and such like.

Bugger.

Edited by Deeboy