What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Watched Human Centipede after folk referring to it on here. Found the concept innovative but a bit impractical. 6/10

Its easier to do in real life

The Secret Life Of Pets - 7/10 - Pretty funny at times and a decent storyline. 

Raising Arizona - 8/10 - No idea how I hadn't got round to seeing it before since I really like most of the Coens stuff but loved every minute of this. Nicholas Cage is fantastic.

Divergent Series: Insurgent 2/10

Ridiculously bad film. The first one was bad but this was truly awful. The acting, the 'plot', the cinematography, the sound - everything was terrible. Just don't do it.

I watched this just because I had seen all the previous ones. Utter crap. The first film In the series was alright but it went downhill after.

Sent from my hairy sphincter!

Edited by killiepiemuncher

Divergent Series: Insurgent 2/10

Ridiculously bad film. The first one was bad but this was truly awful. The acting, the 'plot', the cinematography, the sound - everything was terrible. Just don't do it.

Third one is even worse.

Actually enjoyed the Divergent movies until the last one. Utter shite.

Watched a Nic Cage movie called The Trust. It's a new Cage movie so I was worried. Had no reason to be. Very good wee thriller. Him and Elijah Wood are great in the lead roles and there's some good wee twists in the tale.

7/10 for me.

The other night I watched Point Blank. Personally I love it, Lee Marvin is fantastic as the crossed hoodlum who just wants his $93 grand. As I've said in another thread the scene where Marvin is striding down the corridor with the metronomic clicking of his heels on the hard floor is one of my favourites in cinema. The focus on his face, the relentlessness of his steps, he's coming for his money and nothing is gonna stop him. Classic.

[media]

[media]

Arlington Road - 7/10 - Acting was a bit hammy at times as was the music, but at other times both were brilliant. I wasn't expecting it to be as creepy as it was! Which added to the whole film a good bit.

Independence Day Double Bill

Independence Day (1996) - Seen this before but first time in a cinema. A good benchmark for a proper summer Sci Fi action. Good fun. This has aged nicely 8.5/10

Independence Day Resurgence (2016) - it was decent as a standalone film. The new characters we never really got a chance to get to know and their backstory pretty rushed and weren't really essential to the overall story they tried to replace Will Smith with 3 people. The large crowd scene for the anniversary celebration just looked very fake CGI mess and this film I think got a bit too caught up in the gizmos. Brent Spinner done a great job and his humour kept the audience interested. Decent enough film but helps if you seen the original to relate to and understand the returning characters otherwise would feel like you missed half an hour at the start. It will not rate too well if put head to head with the original though. 6/10

Man On Fire......Denzel Washington in Mexico City, a former assassin swears vengeance on those who committed an unspeakable act against the family he was hired to protect.....Excellent performances all round especially Washington and Dakota Fanning....8/10

Defiance....Daniel Craig in true story as one of the four Bielski brothers who led thousands of jews to escape the Nazis and live in the woods of Belarus for 3 years during WW2.....8/10

The Conjuring 2: The Enfield Case

The sequel to the first, obviously. This time The Warrens head to Engerland to investigate the possession of a young girl, or more they are sent to make sure it isn't a hoax and the family aren't after a quick buck following the publicity the Amityville horror received. A slower start this time around and it has two running stories at the beginning but they do well at combining these things throughout the film (without giving spoilers).

It has the expected Wan jump scares and one in particular had the whole cinema jumping it appeared :lol: Jump scenes apart I quite liked the story and thought the cast put in solid performances, the possessed lass in particular.

James Wan continues to impress me. Easily one of my favourite directors. I love the way he tries to do extended scenes without cuts. He makes good use of the zoom function both in and out and gets the camera into some strange angles that work really well in horror.

If you want a horror with plenty of jumps and a decent storyline then I'd recommend giving this a view. If you enjoy the film then stay put at the end to see real pictures and the actual recording of the young lass.

A lot of folk are saying it's better than the first. I personally still have a lot of love for the first and it's probably my favourite horror, so it's a no from me, just. A solid film either way.

7.5/10

It would have been good if Sky hadn't shown the exact same case in a three-part special with Timothy Spall about six months ago.

The subtitle was unbeknownst to me beforehand; probably wouldn't have bothered if I'd known.

It also took on some of the rather bizarre ideas from The Babadook which were, well, just bizarre.

The first film was genuinely terrifying at times; this just had a feeling that you'd already seen it before. About six months ago to be exact.