What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

On ‎05‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 10:43 PM, Hedgecutter said:

Odd Thomas on Film4 just now. Absolutely dreadful, painful viewing.

Other half has it on for the record. 3/10

Really, really, really, really.....really painful viewing. Just bad. 3/10 just for the hot girlfriend in her pants.

On 7/5/2016 at 1:19 AM, Dominique Malonga said:

Layer cake 8/10 - weird as Deeboy posted a quote from it in another thread then I was flicking through sky player and it was just starting.

I saw this at the cinema when it came out and umpteen times on tv since. Think they made it look great on a low budget. You never learn Daniel Craig's character's name.

Spectre

Finally got around to watching this start to finish in one go today. I am a massive Daniel Craig fanboy (dem eyes) in any film he does but especially so in the 007 franchise (I had never watched one until he was cast). He just seemed in his comfort zone in this though. T was a decent enough watch and Lea Seydoux is a wid.

Would watch again in company but if it's on TV and I'm alone, I'd not be in a hurry to watch.

6/10

Edited by Deeboy

On 07/07/2016 at 2:38 PM, KnightswoodBear said:

I'm a big fan of the source material and visually the film is a stunning replication of it.  

I think that it's a good film, probably an 8/10, but it really could have been so much better.  The ending is changed significantly from the graphic novel and that's a big problem for some.  Personally I didn't mind it as much as it was a better "movie" ending.  The graphic novel ending is totally fucked up.

The film has the most cringeworthy sex scene in the history of motion pictures in it, though.

Yeah the ending felt a bit rushed and seemed resolved fairly easily. While the whole romance schtick was a bit out of place.

Now You See Me 2

Enjoyed the first film as a piece of escapism with decent visuals and some interesting 'magic'. The second however struggles to do much. It has a couple of decent set-pieces but they have basically tried to throw everything at it without much return. Still, I have watched much worse.

4/10

Spectre

Finally got around to watching this start to finish in one go today. I am a massive Daniel Craig fanboy (dem eyes) in any film he does but especially so in the 007 franchise (I had never watched one until he was cast). He just seemed in his comfort zone in this though. T was a decent enough watch and Lea Seydoux is a wid.

Would watch again in company but if it's on TV and I'm alone, I'd not be in a hurry to watch.

6/10

Weirdo!

On 6 July 2016 at 4:49 PM, Shandon Par said:

Is there a thread/would it be a good idea to have one on tv films of the week? Eg if something is coming up on tv that you want to make folk aware of? 

eg....

Saturday 9th July, Film 4, 6.55pm - The Way Way Back.

Sam Rockwell being Sam Rockwell in a teen nostalgia-fest. Shades of Goonies, Karate Kid and Free Willy in a really good-hearted, funny water park based comedy. 

Good idea - make it Terrestrial telly though (a movie channel would be cheating).  The Way Way Back is superb.

I'm away to scout the TV guide.

On 06/07/2016 at 4:49 PM, Shandon Par said:

Is there a thread/would it be a good idea to have one on tv films of the week? Eg if something is coming up on tv that you want to make folk aware of? 

Get it done, Shandon. Great idea.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Really? I came far earlier than that

:lol: Don't ever go changing, DA.

Threads had it's own wee meme a few years back. That aside, it does have to be one of the most soul-crushing pieces of viewing around.