What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Krisha

Wish I'd seen this before I'd made my best of 2016 list because this could well have sat at the top. A woman goes back to have thanksgiving dinner with a family she hasn't seen for 10 years, and things take a fair few turns from there. It's essentially a family drama, but it's outright disturbing approach to the title character is what sets it apart from pretty much every movie of this type. Pretty much every old wound is opened as some aren't willing to give her even the slightest chance, some just stay out of the way, and some do their very best, and you have sympathy for pretty much everyone involved here. It's climax is almost impossible to watch down to how it transpires, and it's a fitting climax.

This is must-see.

10/10

Krisha
Wish I'd seen this before I'd made my best of 2016 list because this could well have sat at the top. A woman goes back to have thanksgiving dinner with a family she hasn't seen for 10 years, and things take a fair few turns from there. It's essentially a family drama, but it's outright disturbing approach to the title character is what sets it apart from pretty much every movie of this type. Pretty much every old wound is opened as some aren't willing to give her even the slightest chance, some just stay out of the way, and some do their very best, and you have sympathy for pretty much everyone involved here. It's climax is almost impossible to watch down to how it transpires, and it's a fitting climax.
This is must-see.
10/10

I don't want this to sound like an insult, as it's not intended that way and I'm genuinely interested to know.

How the fuck do you find these films?

I've managed to see a couple of films over the last few days:

Groundhog Day

I decided to re-watch this and I still love it. 9/10

Doctor Strange

Finally watched this after the hype from my friends died down. It was a good movie, maybe not as good as I was told, but it was still enjoyable. 7/10

Rogue One

Same as Doctor Strange, I was told so many great things about this movie and I tried to aviod it and spoilers for as long as possible. I really enjoyed it and one part of the film is absolutely terrific. 9/10 (A bonus point for K-2SO) 

Sing

The trailers looked absolutely awful for this, but weirdly it is way better than the trailers actually make it look. 7/10

Been floored with the cold this weekend so watched a few films. All of them good. I'm sure I'm probably repeating a lot of what's been said here but the battle scenes in Hacksaw Ridge are incredible. Affleck is outstanding in Manchester By The Sea, as is the wee boy in Lion. Was pretty shattered watching Split so might need to re-watch it but McAvoy was great too. I wasted about 10 minutes watching what appeared to be a romcom about bowling before I realised Kodi had their Split's mixed up.

Hacksaw Ridge: 9/10. 

Finding Dory: 7/10.

Manchester By The Sea: 8.5/10

Lion: 8.5/10.

Split: 7.5/10.

Edited by Slacker