What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

12 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Young Frankenstein 9.5/10

I know I must've seen bits of this before but sat down with the family to watch it the other day. Now I can't stop making a loud MMMMM noise instead of speaking.

Madeline Kahn (also spotted as Lili von Shtupp in Blazing Saddles) was such a minx.

When the monsters Thumb gets set on fire broke me

Free fire....shite.

A 10min scene stretched out over 90mins.

Wasnt sure what it was about when I went to see it, first 5min , ok good stuff good characters looks interesting.

10mins in, ooofff here we go this could be sweet.

15 mins in...Oh , OK this is the full film then:mellow:

Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, followed by Snatch.  Never watched them before, I was just anti Vinnie Jones when Lock Stock came out, never watched it then and never felt like watching it.  Saw it pop up on Netflix recommendations so gave it a shot.  Superb, thoroughly enjoyed it.  A friend's recommended Snatch or Layer Cake to follow.

1 hour ago, Helpma said:

Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, followed by Snatch.  Never watched them before, I was just anti Vinnie Jones when Lock Stock came out, never watched it then and never felt like watching it.  Saw it pop up on Netflix recommendations so gave it a shot.  Superb, thoroughly enjoyed it.  A friend's recommended Snatch or Layer Cake to follow.

Both are good, but Snatch is superior.

On 4/20/2017 at 11:59, Shandon Par said:

Young Frankenstein 9.5/10

I know I must've seen bits of this before but sat down with the family to watch it the other day. Now I can't stop making a loud MMMMM noise instead of speaking.

Madeline Kahn (also spotted as Lili von Shtupp in Blazing Saddles) was such a minx.

Brooks made this and Blazing Saddles in the same year, 1974...astonishing.

So many quotable lines..

"It's Fronkinsteen"

"Damn your eyes", "too late"

"Second syllable...Sedagive"

"Abby something...Abby Normal"

"Put the candle back"

"it's FRANKENSTEIN"

Gene Hackman as the hermit, Chloris Leachman making the horses whinny, Peter Boyle putting on the Ritz and using all the original lab equipment from Frankenstein (1931).

Genius.

3 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Brooks made this and Blazing Saddles in the same year, 1974...astonishing.

So many quotable lines..

"It's Fronkinsteen"

"Damn your eyes", "too late"

"Second syllable...Sedagive"

"Abby something...Abby Normal"

"Put the candle back"

"it's FRANKENSTEIN"

Gene Hackman as the hermit, Chloris Leachman making the horses whinny, Peter Boyle putting on the Ritz and using all the original lab equipment from Frankenstein (1931).

Genius.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Lone Survivor:
Was recommended this by a work colleague, and another "based on a true story" afghan war film.
Mark Wahlberg plays a us marine along with 5 or 6 others who go on Operation Red Wing deep into The afghan mountains to identify (and presumably wipe out) a terrorist leader. But shit goes south and they're set about by swarms of terrorists.
Excellent action scenes, would watch again. 8/10

I watched the Autopsy of Jane Doe the other night, was a decent mystery horror film that started out very well and then faded a little bit and made little sense towards the end. 6/10

Watched this the other night as well. Quite enjoyed it. Good wee horror without trying too hard. What did you think made no sense near the end out of interest?

I'd probably mark it 6/10 as well actually!

Watched this the other night as well. Quite enjoyed it. Good wee horror without trying too hard. What did you think made no sense near the end out of interest?

I'd probably mark it 6/10 as well actually!

I don't know, it just seemed that things were happening at random that made no sense and it deviated from quite an interesting storyline about the mysterious body. Don't you think?

I don't know, it just seemed that things were happening at random that made no sense and it deviated from quite an interesting storyline about the mysterious body. Don't you think?

I just thought her being a witch covered everything. I did think her not coming back to life was a bit pointless though. But I'm guessing the point was that she had to look as normal as possible so the next victims would go through the same think as our characters.

10 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I just thought her being a witch covered everything. I did think her not coming back to life was a bit pointless though. But I'm guessing the point was that she had to look as normal as possible so the next victims would go through the same think as our characters.

Well i don't think her coming back to life would have really worked as she was far more creepy having powers despite her insides being removed. Just think the way it went didn't really work for me, still enjoyed it but it could have been far better.

Couple over the weekend

Risen - Easter story from a Roman soldiers perspective, stars one the Fiennes (cant remember which one) and Draco from Harry Potter, actually quite a good film, well shot and acted, ruined by a really poor special effect at the end 7/10

Colonia - True story set during the Pinochet military coup in Chile and the protection afforded to a German cult 6.5/10

U571
Good film but why pretend it was Americans that got the enigma? The subs seemed realistic though and a great performance from McConnaughey.
7/10

Because USA won the war(at least in the world as Hollywood sees it). I agree U571 is an enjoyable film