What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

So you admit that your wife is paid money to have sex with other men. She is probably the first out the door in the morning :rolleyes:

Yes but at least she's making a career out of it. You on the other hand get regular beastings from family members, uncles mainly (and their friends) and don't get a penny. I feel for you :o

I went ot see CHildren of Men the other night, it was pretty decent. I thought it worked better as an action flick than the serious dystopian vision it thinks it is. Clive Owen was good in it.

Went to see Children of Men the other night - pretty good if a tad grim. Mind you, with the subject matter, it would have been tricky to turn it into a sit com!

Agree. Decent enough movie, even if I hate death :lol:

Children of Men too

It reminded me in alot of ways of 1984, really really good idea with bags of potential but the actual final product was really rather dull.

The idea for the storyline works ok but there are quite a few loose ends and badly explained parts, I also thought all of the characters were a bit weak.

A better ending in all that Fog would have been if the Ship had just rattled right through the wee boat.

Silent Hill

2/10

Decent(ish) idea but put together in a way that makes the end highly predictable.

Veering slightly off-topic: will stick to 24 day 1/2/3/4 this weekend - getting shot of bairn so can see me watching a full day at some point in the next 48 hours. woo-hoo.

on a related issue - anybody know when day 5 comes out on dvd? (too lazy to download and burn to dvd)

The Departed is out today.

Stolen from my favourite film which Scorsese is claiming to have not watched.

It better be good.

The Times called it Scorsese's latest masterpiece :)

It's certainly had nothing but great reviews. Apparently he has managed to get a performance out of Mark Whalberg :blink: It's Jaaacks movie though by all accounts :)

The Times called it Scorsese's latest masterpiece :)

It's certainly had nothing but great reviews. Apparently he has managed to get a performance out of Mark Whalberg :blink: It's Jaaacks movie though by all accounts :)

Best movie since Goodfellas according to the Guardian.

I'm very keen to see and to see if they will rework the ending.

I want to go and see the Departed but may have to persuade my girlfriend to come to <_< NO doubt this will involve summarising the plot several dozen times in the cinema and putting up with squemishness when folk get 'whacked' as I believe the parlance has it.

Children of Men too

It reminded me in alot of ways of 1984, really really good idea with bags of potential but the actual final product was really rather dull.

The idea for the storyline works ok but there are quite a few loose ends and badly explained parts, I also thought all of the characters were a bit weak.

A better ending in all that Fog would have been if the Ship had just rattled right through the wee boat.

What happened to the wee daft lady who was doing Tai Chi or something similar. The one that used to be a midwife?

What happened to the wee daft lady who was doing Tai Chi or something similar. The one that used to be a midwife?

YTou saw her get taken off the bus when they entered that refugee camp, showed her with a bag being put ober her head, then as the bus went forwards you saw people lines up naked, then a line of bodybags, which suggested she'd had it.

Brick 7.5/10

Very arty type film. Basically a film noir style crime story filmed at a 21st century high school. Very clever and well plotted and acted, but left me a little cold and unaffected mostly. Got to admire it though, it was a classy film and one I'd recommend if you're into movies in general.