What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

1 minute ago, BTFD said:

As you're intent on self-harm, and I've no interest in finding out myself, perhaps you could explain if Shia LaBeouf's character dies and that's how Bumblebee ends up kicking about with someone else?

Unlikely, but I'm really hoping something painful and fatal happened, like Optimus Prime asked him to hide the Matrix of Leadership up his arse, only for a transforming Decepticon x-ray machine to scan him for contraband.

Bumblebee is a prequel set in 1987.

6 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Bumblebee is a prequel set in 1987.

Oh, FFS.

Presumably you'll have a middle-aged reunion film to "enjoy" at some point, then.

Mission: Impossible: Dead Reckoning: Part One: Revenge of the Colons

The plot is absolute nonsense, but I loved every second of this. The car chase through Rome is probably a bit long, but hugely entertaining. Shit blows up, spectacular stunts happen. It's exactly what Mission: Impossible films are meant to be.

Someone the point a page or so ago that Tom Cruise obviously enjoys his character interacting with beautiful women. In this film, he has Rebecca Ferguson, Hayley Atwell, and some serious sexual tension with Vanessa Kirby. Fair play to Ethan Hunt - Jenny Lind, Peggy Carter, and Princess Margaret is quite the hat trick.

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

Mission: Impossible: Dead Reckoning: Part One: Revenge of the Colons

The plot is absolute nonsense, but I loved every second of this. The car chase through Rome is probably a bit long, but hugely entertaining. Shit blows up, spectacular stunts happen. It's exactly what Mission: Impossible films are meant to be.

Someone the point a page or so ago that Tom Cruise obviously enjoys his character interacting with beautiful women. In this film, he has Rebecca Ferguson, Hayley Atwell, and some serious sexual tension with Vanessa Kirby. Fair play to Ethan Hunt - Jenny Lind, Peggy Carter, and Princess Margaret is quite the hat trick.

Yeah but even he never got into Lea Seydoux, so it's fine.

14 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Bumblebee is the only watchable Transformers movie apart front the 80s animated one. 

Arrival from cybertron is a bona fide classic. I was extremely disappointed by the first cgi movie and the ones I’ve seen since just got shitter

Mission: Impossible: Fallout (2018)

I don't even care any more. Although I did notice Tom Cruise didn't have a hair out of place or a bead of sweat anywhere on him both while running at least two miles across and through buildings, or when climbing up a rope attached to a helicopter, throwing the helicopter's crew out of it and then getting it back under control, so I think my previous theory about him being an android is the one that's holding up. I'll not be watching any films for a while until my attention span grows back. 

14 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I don't even care any more. Although I did notice Tom Cruise didn't have a hair out of place or a bead of sweat anywhere on him both while running at least two miles across and through buildings, or when climbing up a rope attached to a helicopter, throwing the helicopter's crew out of it and then getting it back under control, so I think my previous theory about him being an android is the one that's holding up. I'll not be watching any films for a while until my attention span grows back. 

I like it when you punish yourself like this. Reminds me of your agonies watching Doctor Who. 

26 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Did you at least enjoy the bit where he genuinely broke his leg?

Anyone have any film series suggestions for Miguel to watch as punishment for whatever he did? I'd suggest The Fast & The Furious, but he likes racing games, so perhaps not.

The Witchcraft series is supposed to be dreadful, and I think there's more than a dozen of them. Get to it, you crazy flagellant.

6 minutes ago, BTFD said:

Anyone have any film series suggestions for Miguel to watch as punishment for whatever he did? I'd suggest The Fast & The Furious, but he likes racing games, so perhaps not.

The Witchcraft series is supposed to be dreadful, and I think there's more than a dozen of them. Get to it, you crazy flagellant.

He has never, ever watched any kind of Star Trek.

Ever.

I think Star Trek: The Motion Picture (aka The Slow Motion Picture) would be a suitably punishing place to start. 

I don't mind that one. It's slow but so's 2001, the greatest sci-fi film ever. Been watching the Star Trek films and have got as far as VI and haven't disliked any yet, even though it seems everyone else hates I and V. Will probably get onto the first TNG film at the weekend.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

38 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

He has never, ever watched any kind of Star Trek.

Ever.

I think Star Trek: The Motion Picture (aka The Slow Motion Picture) would be a suitably punishing place to start. 

You might remember that I introduced my son to Star Trek last year by taking him to The Motion Picture in the cinema  :lol:

Any suggestion for watching anything Star Trek related since has been met with a resounding "NO!"

On 13/07/2023 at 00:32, BTFD said:

I'm sure I ended up watching A Serbian Film on the back of one of your reviews, so thanks for that.

26 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

I'm sure I ended up watching A Serbian Film on the back of one of your reviews, so thanks for that.

:lol:

My apologies, I still have no interest in seeing that film again. Absolutely scarring.

On 13/07/2023 at 00:32, BTFD said:

Police Academy 

2 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Police Academy 

I own the complete series on Blu-Ray; only cost £8, which must be the cheapest HD box set I've ever seen selling at retail. Just over a quid per film.

My son fancied watching them all, but we only got through the first two before he cottoned on that they were all the same. He'll never know about the horrors that awaited him. I've never seen Mission to Moscow myself TBH, and I don't know if I can bring myself to put it on. According to Wiki, it made $126k back on a budget of $10m  :shutup

Apparently they've been trying to get an eighth film made with Steve Guttenberg for twenty years, but about half of the original cast are dead now, so it'll be one of those horrible 'next generation' efforts. Yuck.

On 13/07/2023 at 01:14, Bully Wee Villa said:

I don't mind that one. It's slow but so's 2001, the greatest sci-fi film ever. Been watching the Star Trek films and have got as far as VI and haven't disliked any yet, even though it seems everyone else hates I and V. Will probably get onto the first TNG film at the weekend.

Star Trek VI is superb. The Next Generation films are pretty terrible, which is annoying as that was my version of Trek. Generations and First Contact are just about watchable, Insurrection is dull as ditchwater and Nemesis is beyond awful. Enjoy!

18 minutes ago, BTFD said:

I own the complete series on Blu-Ray; only cost £8, which must be the cheapest HD box set I've ever seen selling at retail. Just over a quid per film.

My son fancied watching them all, but we only got through the first two before he cottoned on that they were all the same. He'll never know about the horrors that awaited him. I've never seen Mission to Moscow myself TBH, and I don't know if I can bring myself to put it on. According to Wiki, it made $126k back on a budget of $10m  :shutup

Apparently they've been trying to get an eighth film made with Steve Guttenberg for twenty years, but about half of the original cast are dead now, so it'll be one of those horrible 'next generation' efforts. Yuck.

I went to the cinema to see Mission to Moscow. Shudder. 

21 minutes ago, BTFD said:

Cottoned on thst there was no more full frontal nudity after they all went PG more like