What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Guest harry_wraggs
Watched The Bourne Supremacy last night.

Contrived and complicated plot, even for me, but, I would say that car chase scene in Moscow is even better than the car chase in Bullitt.

Fantastic stuff. Can't wait for the third one now, anyone know when it comes out?

its been out for ages mate :blink:

i went to see it with the mrs after being up all night so was fucked and couldnt make head nor tail of it, however as far as i could make out it was constant scrapping, shooting and explosions so i was suitably entertained.

This week I have been mostly watching:

Ratatouille - saw it on Monday at an advance screening. Absolutely brilliant, but a bit predictable. 9/10.

Black Sheep - terrible, terrible yet hilariously brilliant comedy about sheep that go baaaaaaad. 6/10.

Black Sheep isn't being shown up in Aberdeen which is weird given the well known Aberdonian stereotype.

I also saw Ratatouille last night. I enjoyed it despite people saying it was Pixars worst. Some good "lol" moments in the film for kids and adults. I also liked the wee short film they had at the start :lol: A enjoyable 7/10 from me.

Resident Evil: Extinction - 9/10

By far the best in the series (probably due to Anderson not having anything to do with making the film, he just wrote it which is fine by me...)

I :wub: Milla Jovovich, get your hands off her you slimy Geordie p***k!!

I went to see the film Mr Brooks tonight. It was either that or the Ben Stiller film. So it wasn't much of a choice, but I thought it was quite a good movie. I assumed that since it was a Kevin Costner film and was financed mostly by himself, it would be turgid. I was pleasently surprised. Basically Kevin Costner is a serial killer and has a lust for killing that he can not control. This leads him to make one last kill to satisfy that lust, but his normal methodical preperation lets him down and he is spotted and photographed.

The story was well written and was acted superbly by Costner. 7.5/10

Control

This is a biopic of Ian Curtis of soor faced Northern miserabilists Joy Division. Although I'm not a particular fan of their music, the film is really good and it looks fantastic. The bloke that plays Curtis looks impressively convincing in the concert scenes.

Last half hour or so aren't a barrell of laughs mind.

Tony Kebble provides several moments of real laugh-out-loud humour in playing their manager, Rob Gretton.

Meant to mention that myself, thought he was excellent in it. There were far more lighthearted moments in it than I was expecting given the subject matter.

The surviving members of Joy Division have slightly criticised the bands representation in the film for being (understandably) a bit too over serious and glossing over the fact that they were blokes in their early 20's having a laugh on tour for much of the time, but there were some fairly humourous scenes in it particularly those the Gretton character was in.

Control

This is a biopic of Ian Curtis of soor faced Northern miserabilists Joy Division. Although I'm not a particular fan of their music, the film is really good and it looks fantastic. The bloke that plays Curtis looks impressively convincing in the concert scenes.

Last half hour or so aren't a barrell of laughs mind.

Where did you see Control? I will probably pop along and have a watch; I'm quite intrested in the whole story as I own both Joy Division albums and a lot of New Order's stuff as well.

633 squadron.

When I was young I grew up on a diet of commando comics and films such as The Dambusters,The Batlle of Britain etc.I saw 633 squadron on tv the other night and taped it.Fantastic.A fabulous fim score as well.

Bought my monthly lot today, first up tonight was....

The Krays.

Some memorable scenes, good story and they loved their mum.

Now, for anyone old enough on here these days to remember it, who do you think put in the better performance, Martin or Gary Kemp?

I can never decide. Funny old career Martin Kemp had when you think about it though, wearing a kilt in a new romantic band, then to play Lawrie Sanchez's brother in The Krays, to getting killed with an ashtray in Eastenders to advertising sofas.