What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

633 squadron.

When I was young I grew up on a diet of commando comics and films such as The Dambusters,The Batlle of Britain etc.I saw 633 squadron on tv the other night and taped it.Fantastic.A fabulous fim score as well.

watched it yesterday. I always liked it as a film. Lets kill some Gerry.

Bought my monthly lot today, first up tonight was....

The Krays.

Some memorable scenes, good story and they loved their mum.

Now, for anyone old enough on here these days to remember it, who do you think put in the better performance, Martin or Gary Kemp?

I can never decide. Funny old career Martin Kemp had when you think about it though, wearing a kilt in a new romantic band, then to play Lawrie Sanchez's brother in The Krays, to getting killed with an ashtray in Eastenders to advertising sofas.

No, he killed Saskia with an ashtray in Eastenders, Steve Owen got blown up in a car, just after he'd handed Louise over to Phil. Phil was about to go and get Steve out, but the car blew up before he could get there.

Anyway, I think Gary Kemp was the better in the film, and no, it's not just because he's my favourite Kemp, it's because he's slightly unhinged and scary. I like that a lot. Although after Francis kills herself, Martin gets in on the mental role as well, which is quite cool, but overall, Gary gets my vote.

633 squadron.

When I was young I grew up on a diet of commando comics and films such as The Dambusters,The Batlle of Britain etc.I saw 633 squadron on tv the other night and taped it.Fantastic.A fabulous fim score as well.

Brilliant music in that. I still think Where Eagles Dare is the top WWII 'men on a mission' film.

Foolishly watched 'Of Mice and Men' yesterday with a stinking hangover.

8/10, great classic movie. Although was a little fragile when Lenny gets shot. (What with the Jack Daniels in the system and Scotland's defeat in the memory of course).

Fancy spoilerising the proper ending ?

They get to the courthouse, Bruce goes to get the recorder out his pocket, gets shot...him and the ex-partner fall down the stairs, he switches on recorder and dies.

Mos Def sends him a cake, but he's already dead and it goes to his sister, just a bit more of an empathetic ending than the cinema one.

Meh, I'll need to check that ending out for myself, but it sounds a bit dodgy to me.

That's the 'alternate ending' on the DVD. The director Richard Donner tells you that was the real ending, but they decided to use the alternate ending that they'd made instead.

Grosse Point Blank

Wow, this is sure overrated. Predictable. However, there's two genius musical moments in here which create some brilliant laughs. This drags it above average for me. I guess it's enjoyable for the most part too. A decent enough way to spend a couple of hours of your time.

7/10

I watched this about 10 years ago and I thought it was one of the most contrived, predictable and overrated pieces of crap I had seen in my young life. I remember looking forward to it as John Cusack was ace in Con Air.

Lot of pish. I could do with watching it again though.

It's quite funny, would say there's only so much you do with Joan Cusack, but School of Rock blew that theory out the window.

You've not seen many films. Clearly.

16 Blocks - 8/10 (with cinematic ending) 9/10 (with the proper ending)

Salty - you've the worst taste in films bar nobody. You've no right to slag anyone.

What?

It was free and I've seen worse.

Far worse.

I'm a generous critic.

I'm suprised you only gave it a 6. I've not laughed as much in ages.

Edited by LargsTON