What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Breakdown

One of the better career choices Kurt Russell has made. Everything is well done, and brilliantly understated untill things REALLY start going tits up. Then they throw everything at you at 100mph.

7/10

Ladder 49.

A firefighter is trapped and lies injured in a burning warehouse, the film splices the rescue effort with flashbacks of his life.

The emotion is laid on a bit thickly at times, but I thought it was a decent enough film. I still don't get the "Irish-American" obsession with kilts, tartan and bagpipes though.

7/10

Edited by Laid Back Maverick

Watched LA Confidential again a few nights ago, it is utterly superb from start to finish.

A stunning performance by Russell Crowe (especially in the interrogation scene) ably backed by Kevin Spacey and Guy Pearce (with Kim Basinger, Danny DeVito and James Cromwell also excellent).

A couple of scenes are obviously to make the connections

The young gay guy freely blabbing to Spacey and Spacey uttering "Rollo Tomassi" with his dying breath

but they don't detract from a cracking story with excellent direction and dialogue.

It was an absolute joke that the film lost out in the Oscars to Titanic, not only for Best Film and Direction but also that none of the male actors were even nominated for Best Actor / Best Supporting Actor.

9/10

Edited by Frank Booth

Hellraiser: Deader (2005) (V)

Pinhead in Bucharest, the modern home of horror.

This time Rick Bota went for a no-name cast to support the world's best loved Scouser, and it worked well.

Better than the last one, but nowhere near the levels reached by Bloodline and my favourite Inferno.

7/10

Hellraiser: Deader (2005) (V)

Pinhead in Bucharest, the modern home of horror.

This time Rick Bota went for a no-name cast to support the world's best loved Scouser, and it worked well.

Better than the last one, but nowhere near the levels reached by Bloodline and my favourite Inferno.

7/10

I used to love the Hallraiser movies when I was a kid. How many are there now?

Hellraiser: Hellworld (2005) (V)

10/10

A perfect way to end the series, spoofing internet RPG, making you believe right to the end that Pinhead was a figment of the imagination right through the entire series, Katy Winnick in tight leathers, the American Rutger Hauer (Lance Henriksen) as the evil party host.

Just perfection. :D

Good idea, I'll post my top 20 without films to have sequels (or out-and-out comedies)...

1) Ned Kelly

2) The Shawshank Redemption

3) Oldboy

4) The Da Vinci Code

5) Pan's Labyrinth

6) Natural Born Killers

7) The Last King of Scotland

8) Tears of the Sun

9) Saving Private Ryan

10) 300

11) Severance

12) World Trade Center

13) Black Snake Moan

14) Blood and Chocolate

15) Se7en

16) The Terminal

17) The Negotiator

18) Hotel Rwanda

19) A Clockwork Orange

20) Deathwatch

Christ that was hard, quite a few are just in the order they came to me...and I had to scrub quite a few like RHPS and Along Came A Spider as they had/were sequels!

EDIT: Transformers has to go as sequel made next year...

Updated list...

1) Ned Kelly

2) Heat

3) The Shawshank Redemption

4) 1408

5) Oldboy

6) Million Dollar Baby

7) The Da Vinci Code

8) Pan's Labyrinth

9) Natural Born Killers

10) The Last King of Scotland

11) Tears of the Sun

12) Saving Private Ryan

13) 300

14) Severance

15) World Trade Center

16) Black Snake Moan

17) Blood and Chocolate

18) Se7en

19) The Terminal

20) Primal Fear

Airplane: 10/10

This does not require an explanation. Probably the funniest film ever, certainly up there with Life of Brian and Blazing Saddles.

Me and my brother have been trying to have a film marathon but never have time to do it, but on Friday we got two films in.

The General: 8/10. A classic silent film, probably Buster Keaton's best.

Hot Fuzz: 6/10. Good fun and an enjoyable watch, but not many real laugh out loud moments. Not as good as Shaun Of The Dead.

Back to the Future Part II (1989)

5/10

A bit tedious, and they just should have stopped after the first one.

I challenge your 5/10, at least a 7. Great vision by Zemeckis and his team to light heartedly tackle the tricky premise of parallel universes. Plus ive liked 1 and 2 since i was a wee guy

Breakdown

One of the better career choices Kurt Russell has made. Everything is well done, and brilliantly understated untill things REALLY start going tits up. Then they throw everything at you at 100mph.

7/10

That's one of my favourite films, ever.

JT Walsh was a terrific character actor.

Watched LA Confidential again a few nights ago, it is utterly superb from start to finish.

A stunning performance by Russell Crowe (especially in the interrogation scene) ably backed by Kevin Spacey and Guy Pearce (with Kim Basinger, Danny DeVito and James Cromwell also excellent).

A couple of scenes are obviously to make the connections

The young gay guy freely blabbing to Spacey and Spacey uttering "Rollo Tomassi" with his dying breath

but they don't detract from a cracking story with excellent direction and dialogue.

It was an absolute joke that the film lost out in the Oscars to Titanic, not only for Best Film and Direction but also that none of the male actors were even nominated for Best Actor / Best Supporting Actor.

9/10

Indeed. That film merely highlighting the terrific talent that is Guy Pearce. One of my favourite movies, ever.

But as if we didn't know before, this year's oscars go to show how fraudulent and corrupt the whole shebang is.

Michael Clayton

I like how this movie never changes pace, no matter how long it goes, and no matter what's happening. It keeps the same pace, and ends when it's supposed to, which very few movies actually do.

8/10

No Country for Old Men.

5/10.

What a fucking dissapointment it turned out to be. It wasn't doing badly (certainly not worth the oscar, especially for Bardem whose performance was average at best). Worst thing for me -

They built the film up nicely enough to the "scene" at the "airport". Then suddenly it is over, the guy is dead and that is it. They didn't show any of it..... bollocks.