What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

The Big Lebowski - 7/10

Had heard a lot of good things about this and i was curious to see if it lived up to the hype. I didn't find it that funny, but i thought the "story" was great.

John Goodman's character was brilliant.

Shut the f**k up Donny!

:lol: have to agree. i thought goodman was different class in that film.

'eight year olds, dude'

It's all fallacy, the doctor didn't exist and it's based on a fictional book. The Amin stuff and the atrocities that he committed in Uganda all all based on reality, but McEvoy and Anderson's characters are creations of someone's imagination.

Agree with your rating though, there was something missing to stop it getting the full ten, but not sure quite what.

It's an excellent book, though, and Giles Foden is a very good writer.

the big lebowski 7/10

gotta love a bit of the dude every now and then.

happy feet 6/10

watched it out of boredom more than anything. Wasnt actually that bad, god i'm a sucker for programmes like that. Cant get the kiss version by prince out of my head!

'I think i hear somebody wanting something...ME!'

ahh...damn me and my suggestive sense of humour.

The Big Lebowski - 7/10

Had heard a lot of good things about this and i was curious to see if it lived up to the hype. I didn't find it that funny, but i thought the "story" was great.

John Goodman's character was brilliant.

Shut the f**k up Donny!

:lol: have to agree. i thought goodman was different class in that film.

'eight year olds, dude'

Seven out of ten? SEVEN out of ten? Not THAT funny?!?!?! You guys are fúcking planks, that's one of the greatest movies ever! :angry:

"Yeah, that and a pair of testicles"

:lol:

It's an excellent book, though, and Giles Foden is a very good writer.

Seven out of ten? SEVEN out of ten? Not THAT funny?!?!?! You guys are fúcking planks, that's one of the greatest movies ever! :angry:

"Yeah, that and a pair of testicles"

:lol:

It's a load of shit, and the Coen Brothers are the most overrated directors around.

Bullet Boy - 7/10

Great performances from Ashley Walters and the kid who plays his wee brother. Black yoofs shooting each other over nothing at all. A bit depressing, but rather good.

After seeing films like this, Kidulthood and Adulthood, and countless shite like Booze Britain and Night Cops, f**k living in London.

Also bought the original 'When a Stranger Calls' the other day. Haven't watched it yet, any good?

Adventureland - 6/10

Reminded me a lot of Juno, not in the plot but more in the characters. Quirky comedy set in the tail end of the 80's based around a young man and his part time job at a carnival. Worth a watch, while the plot is a bit predictable it has it's laughs and the characters are very engaging.

The Dude is one of the best characters that you'll find in a movie. The Big Lebowski is massively over-rated though.

Jaws 2 ( 1978 )

Unlike so many sequels of this type, they don't mess too much with the formula and as a result, this movie works. It brings the same tension ( maybe not quite as much ) and still manages to make the water into the last place on earth that you'd want to be. It doesn't have the same feeling of dread that the first movie has though, but this is still a not bad movie.

7/10

Currently watching Jim Jarmusch's gentle classic Broken Flowers on BBC1. Bill Murray does the same thing he does in every film, and is excellent as always. Bit late now, but worth checking out if you have the chance.

The North Face- German film about the 1936 attempt to climb the north face of the Eiger. An excellent film, where the interest is kept going right to the end. If you know the story it's pretty true to it, if you don't, I won't give it away. 10/10

Anchorman - 10/10

Funniest film ever. Will Ferrel is comedy Gold in this laugh a minute flick

"Watch out for the guns, theyl get ya"

You can't argue with Anchorman, hilarious every time. Will Ferrell is a god.

Watched Step Brothers the other night, yet another classic by him. 10/10.

Driller Killer 0/10

It may have gotten better in the last 30 minutes but I'll never know as it was so bad I chucked it after 50 minutes.

It gets a wee bit better, but not much... 2/10

You can't argue with Anchorman, hilarious every time. Will Ferrell is a god.

Watched Step Brothers the other night, yet another classic by him. 10/10.

Step Brothers is excellent! Watched it last week, 8/10

Gridiron Gang 7/10

Typical sporting movie really, trying to rehabilitate young offenders through American Football. Some of the acting from the young lads isn't bad aswell. Gets a bit cheesy at times, but I still enjoyed it.