What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

American Psycho - 9/10

First time watching this, decided to invest in a copy of it after someone posted the Huey Lewis and the News scene on another thread.

As a thriller it's not great. A good wee story and an excellent character but no proper shock moments that would make it a really good thriller film. As a comedy though, it's absolute gold. The scene I mentioned at the start is absolutely hilarious, maily because of Christian Bale's expressions, movements and mannerisms, and his portrayal of Patrick Bateman in general is quite awsome.

A lot of laugh out loud moments and a strange relation with the character make this one of my new favourite films :D

Battle Los Angeles (2011)

Aliens take over Los Angeles and 19 other cities around the world. Aaron Eckhart, Michelle Rodriguez and Hoyt Fortenberry that somehow gets to shag Jessica in True Blood save the fucking day.

LA is saved, so the films over. Happy days, f**k the other 19 cities, we just won't mention them again.

Typical American misty-eyed bullshit, there was no need, or possibility, for them to win... there's no sequels planned, just let them die. Let the aliens win... no-one would particularly care!

Oh, and on the time to the first twat shouting Hoo-rah: an astounding 65 minutes!

2/10

The Devils Double.

The true story of Latif Yahia forced to be psychotic Uday Husseins (Saddam's son) body double, in the late eighties, early nineties. The excellent Dominic Cooper plays both parts Uday/Latif and its directed by Lee Tamahori, its a fascinating story of absolute power, madness and debauchery, and although the ending is slightly different from the book, its now definetly in my top five.

Brilliant.

9/10

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

Was it the uncut version?

Nah I don't think so as it was just boring at times. However if the uncut version is just more nonsensical shock value stuff (and I'm assuming it is) then I don't really mind that it was the cut version. Also if the film was any longer then I would have been tempted to make my own gore movie by gouging my fucking eyes out.

The Devils Double.

The true story of Latif Yahia forced to be psychotic Uday Husseins (Saddam's son) body double, in the late eighties, early nineties. The excellent Dominic Cooper plays both parts Uday/Latif and its directed by Lee Tamahori, its a fascinating story of absolute power, madness and debauchery, and although the ending is slightly different from the book, its now definetly in my top five.

Brilliant.

9/10

This sounds cracking, I'd never even heard about it before now. Would you say the book or the film is better?

The Devils Double.

Brilliant.

9/10

Saw a trailer for that when it was out but never got around to seeing it. It did look good from the trailer so glad that it seems to have lived up to that.

Nah I don't think so as it was just boring at times. However if the uncut version is just more nonsensical shock value stuff (and I'm assuming it is) then I don't really mind that it was the cut version. Also if the film was any longer then I would have been tempted to make my own gore movie by gouging my fucking eyes out.

I saw the uncut version, and it was just same shit, slightly more extreme. It was still fucking awful, and added nothing to the film.

The cuts included: Martin masturbating with sandpaper around his penis; graphic sight of a man's teeth being removed with a hammer; graphic sight of lips being stapled to naked buttocks; graphic sight of forced defecation into and around other victims' mouths; Martin with barbed wire wrapped around his penis violently raping a woman; a newborn baby being killed; and the graphic sight of injury as staples are torn away from individuals' mouths and buttocks.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

First of all, having not actually read the book, I was not at all prepared for the madness of this film. The scene ICTChris mentioned pages ago ( in the spoiler bit) was possibly one of the most horrific things I've seen, that said the revenge to that is hardly pleasant either.

Rooney Mara is outstanding as Lisbeth, Daniel Craig isn't bad either although his accent seems to go a bit wonky at points throughout the film.

Most of what i've heard about this film seems to always to relating to either the book or Swedish version of this film and have tendency to mark it negatively based on that. I liked it, it was bizarre and at times horrid to watch but i still found it quite captivating and overall pretty good

I'll go with 7.5/10

This sounds cracking, I'd never even heard about it before now. Would you say the book or the film is better?

They're both excellent. I read the book first, obviously is gets a little bit more 'in depth' about the amount of nastiness that went on.

Saw a trailer for that when it was out but never got around to seeing it. It did look good from the trailer so glad that it seems to have lived up to that.

Get it watched.8)

The Devils Double.

Brilliant.

9/10

I watched this quite recently and forgot what it was actually called. Can only echo what you have said, superb film.