What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

Good, wholesome, harmless fun. Not exactly groundbreaking but I found this to be entertaining. 

7/10

Went to see this tonight.......agree actually found it quite uplifting :)

vandetta

For a film with Danny Dyer in it, it was not too bad a storyline. SAS son avenging his mother and fathers murder, was made a bit spoofy with some of the killings. Split in half by hooking a rope to the car and tieing it to the guys legs then driving with his arms attached to another rope which was tied to the wall. Cement poured down a guys throat and his body was rock hard. The ending was poor as well.

6/10

Edited by callum-ayr

The Wolf of Wall Street - 9/10

Fantastic. Long, but fantastic. I really rate Di Caprio and think this could be his best performance yet. In fact there is so many great performances. Margot Robbie is brilliant as his wife and will be seeing plenty more of her in films in the future.

Loved this, 10/10 for me.

Agree about Di Caprio, fantastic performance.

Anchorman 2 was truly, truly awful. A complete, self-indulgent parody of itself, even resorting to casual racism for cheap laughs. The best comedy actor in the film, Paul Rudd, is criminally under-used in favour of Steve Carrell who is deployed as some bizarrely maniacal version of the relatively placid Brick from the first film. It's also on for a good half hour longer than a movie of its type should be.

The original was obviously a cult hit but the audience who enjoyed it initially have grown up now and that sort of comedy is outdated, in my opinion. Will Ferrell has also arguably had his day and like the film, has become somewhat of a parody of himself.

Wish I'd steered clear like I thought I should have and just have been satisfied with the memories of the first film.

Edited by Armand 2

The Delivery Man

Vince Vaughn plays Vince Vaughn doing Vince Vaughn type things whilst having Vince Vaughn type humour.

Guy donates manfat to a clinic, they dish it out to over 500 women, he has loads of kids and he goes through a life changing transformation from slouch to good-guy.

Decent Sunday afternoon type film.

6/10

Vince Vaughn

Walter Mitty

I like Ben Stiller as an actor. I thought this was shite though. Never held me at all. Beautiful scenery and Stiller's warmth as an actor saved it a bit.

4/10

Iceland looks stunning doesn't it? I liked the film when I saw it but a mate of mine went to see it and summed it up perfectly. "it looked amazing but I immediately forgot about it after I left the cinema."

12 Years A Slave

Absolutely outstanding. As said previously, a really uncomfortable watch, but thoroughly absorbing at the same time. The perfomance of the lead was excellent, but credit also to the supporting cast. Michael Fassbender in particular was excellent.

10/10

Delivery Man

This was much better than I thought it was going to be. It's obviously a ridiculous story, but it's the first time I've seen something a little bit different from Vince Vaughn. If you're up for a comedy with moments that are quite uplifting, it's worth a watch. Not a classic by any means though.

6/10

it's the first time I've seen something a little bit different from Vince Vaughn.

He plays the same guy in every film, the guy he played in this film was exactly the same guy from "The Break Up", even down to working in a family business with two brothers (and he was the screw up)

He has one level- Vince Vaughn.

He plays the same guy in every film, the guy he played in this film was exactly the same guy from "The Break Up", even down to working in a family business with two brothers (and he was the screw up)

He has one level- Vince Vaughn.

I haven't seen the Break Up... but I can quite believe that.

Fair enough - it was still a fairly decent watch.