What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Dallas Buyers Club 9/10

Really,really enjoyed this.A great character driven film for adults with no stupid special effects or flashy action scenes.McConaughey was just fantastic,by far his best role.Leto was good too.Loved it

Edited by fifergaz

Gone Girl - bored rigid. Don't understand the hype about it.

We watched the first 30 minutes then switched off.

Affleck's mumbling dialogue, music that drowned everything out, jumping backwards and forwards with insightless meaningless turgid shit - found it unwatchable.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

Top tip #1: when the film is called "Gone Girl", at least watch it until the girl goes.

Top tip #2: no matter what the film's called, don't slay it unless you made the effort to watch the thing.

She was gone from the start.

It was an effort even watching those 30 minutes - and I've watched some real crap in my time.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

Casablanca - couldn't agree more.

Gone Girl - "clever" plot let down by a cast with not one sympathetic character. You've got to be on someone's side at some point, surely?

Rating movies you've not made it through - not generally something I make a habit of, but I'll make an exception in the case of American Sniper. If the rest of the movie resembled the first 45 minutes in any way whatsoever, I've used that time in a more useful manner. At least Team America and Starship Troopers gave you a decent giggle with your 'Murican heroes.

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie