What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Randomly watched two thematically similar films (unstable, conniving, vindictive, alcoholic, substance-abusing, delusional main character in meltdown, both with a big reveal near the end) in very different circumstances (Scottish policeman; Yankee rich wife) over the last two night without know what either movie was about beforehand.

Filth (7/10)

Good fun with some laugh out loud moments and the usual cutting blows at Scottish life that Irvine Welsh is so good at spotting and telling. A bit corny in places, but well acted overall, especially James McAvoy and Eddie Marsan.

Blue Jasmine (9/10)

One of Woody Allen's best in recent years imo. Loved the current/flashback structured way of revealing her past demise and current attempt at trying to rise, played exceptionally well by Cate Blanchett. Highly recommended.

Big Hero 6

Decided to watch it earlier cause I was bored at home. Gotta say it's a good film. Not the best Disney have ever produced, but it's got a few good laugh out loud moments and the emotional side you'd expect. The fist bump bit had me in stitches tbf.

Saw Jupiter Ascending tonight. Complete garbage. Even the gorgeous Mila Kunis can't save this one. No idea what was going on half the time and despite being quite good visually the plot line is contrived at best. The only way it could get worse would be if Michael Bay directed it. Avoid like the plague (2/10).

Shame because the other films I've seen so far this year have been crackers (American Sniper, Big Hero 6, Kingsman and Shaun the Sheep).

2 oldies tonight courtesy of ITV2 and Sky one.

Shaun of the dead, still gets a chuckle, isn't too serious. The garden hopping bit always has me in stiches. Easy 4.5/5.

Bruce Almighty, classic Jim Carrey. Not watched for a while, Morgan Freeman as God always makes me smile as well. Easy 4/5 IMO.

Tomorrow nights pre match of the day entertainment not yet confirmed but looking likely to be the Angels share, or the other guys.

Kumiko, The Treasure Hunter 8/10

Really enjoyed this, reckon it would be right up loads of people on here's street actually. Don't wanna give too much of the story away but it's about a Japanese woman who sees the bit at the beginning of Fargo where it says 'this is based on a true story' and thought it was real.