What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Casablanca - couldn't agree more.

Gone Girl - "clever" plot let down by a cast with not one sympathetic character. You've got to be on someone's side at some point, surely?

Rating movies you've not made it through - not generally something I make a habit of, but I'll make an exception in the case of American Sniper. If the rest of the movie resembled the first 45 minutes in any way whatsoever, I've used that time in a more useful manner. At least Team America and Starship Troopers gave you a decent giggle with your 'Murican heroes.

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

Gone Girl - "clever" plot let down by a cast with not one sympathetic character. You've got to be on someone's side at some point, surely?

There are many things wrong with that film but I'm not sure "not enough goodies" is a valid complaint. After all, none of us are without sin...

Eastern Promises - 8/10. Movie never gets old, what a turn from Mortensen.

Nightcrawler - 7/10. Very strange but compelling movie. Dont really know if I liked it or not if that makes sense.

Starred Up - 7/10. Intense performance from O'Connell, I was pretty steaming watching it so cant really remember that much about it :lol:

Just watched Gone Girl there and thought it was great, very clever. Not the best movie I've saw but a very enjoyable 2 and a half hours. Rosamund Pike is incredible aswell which helps.

I enjoyed Gone Girl. However, I thought it was good in spite of Rosamund Pike's performance. Whenever she had any sort of dialogue I was close to cringing at how poorly she delivered it.

I think this may be an unpopular opinion, maybe that's what the director wanted (I doubt it), but she didn't really work for me.