What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Notorious:

Based on The true story of Christopher Wallace AKA the Notorious B.I.G, his rise from a teenage father and crack dealer to one of the biggest rap artists of all time.

Good time filler when having a few beers at your friends. The real footage at the end is pretty mental.

7/10

The Iceman;

Based on a true story about Richard Kuklinski, a hired assassin for the mob in New Jersey. portrait by Michael Shannon (Aka -Agent Nelson Van Alden in Boardwalk Empire). The film has a decent cast with Winona Ryder as his wife, Ray Llotta as his mob boss, Chris Evans as a rival assassin, David Schwimmer (Friends) & John Ventimiglia (Sopranos) as wiseguys and Robert Davi as a rival mob boss. I thought Shannon potrait Kulinski brilliantly. He seems to be made for these psychotic roles. Definitely a film that's worth watching if you're into your gangster films & aren't squeamish.

8/10

Ex Machina

Weirdo CEO builds robots and ends up pumping them, gets bored and invites a colleague and messes with his head.

Nice effects but poor obvious storyline.

I like Garland but this was overrated a little.

6/10

I really enjoyed it, though felt it just lacked something.

What We Do In The Shadows

Funniest film i've seen in donkeys. A New Zealand made mockumentary following four vampire flatmates as they argue over who's turn it is to do the washing up and other day to day nonsense. I was a giggling mess from start to finish. 9/10

Some hilarious moment in this but I thought it was stretched out too much. Some of the jokes wore thin by the end. Would have been much better as a shorter TV show.

Pitch Perfect 2

Anna Kendrick - check

10/10

Not even sorry.

I think I'm going to add her on the 'People You dislike for No Apparent Reason' thread, her face just annoys the shit out of me, permanently sooking lemons so she is.

Started watching Into The Woods and couldn't stick the sulky face, then a week or two later the OH shoves on Pitch Perfect, again I have to give up because her face is constantly tripping her.

Gone Girl

Personally, I loved it. Best female performance I've seen in ages, although to be fair I'm not the best at watching the latest films over the past few years. Wasn't too impressed with the ending but otherwise it was a really enjoyable watch. 9/10

I think I'm going to add her on the 'People You dislike for No Apparent Reason' thread, her face just annoys the shit out of me, permanently sooking lemons so she is.

Started watching Into The Woods and couldn't stick the sulky face, then a week or two later the OH shoves on Pitch Perfect, again I have to give up because her face is constantly tripping her.

Had no idea who she was, so did a quick Google Image search, and it's not hard to see where you're coming from. She seems to vary between angry disdain and smug disdain.

I see enough of that look in real life without paying to watch it in movies.

Pitch Perfect 2. Was a bit drunk on Friday night and apparently volunteered to go along to this on Saturday night with my missus and my daughter (two separate folk before you ask).

The first one was, I thought, fairly enjoyable with some decent tunes and had the vibe of an 80s, feelgood teen comedy. The big scenes in this one had fairly chronic music but the film had a few funny bits. A few folk in the cinema were shrieking with laughter throughout but most folk, like me, managed the odd chortle.

I like her, good actress and and she looks like Lexi Belle.

Mad Max: Fury Road

Well... that was fun. Exhausting, but really really good movie. Rarely ever gives room to breathe while it just pounds you with action. I've seen critics say it's too long, and while I can understand their stance, I could have gone another hour of that. Some really batshit mental stuff going on here, with some properly great scenes, great scenery and of course, two magnificent leads putting on a great show. Given that most of the movie is basically a car chase movie, I think it's credit to the folk who put this together that it never really gets old. Terrific.

9/10