What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Is it just me or can anyone else clearly see peacemini has two posts but the profile says one post?

Yup I can see the two posts and the 1 post post count. Must be a glitch in the matrix.

I watched Groundhog Day. I forgot how good Bill Murray is in it. Listening to Sonny and Cher and having to meet Ned Ryerson everyday would drive me insane. A very good film, and quite possibly Egon Spengler's best work as a director. 8/10.

You should watch Battle Royale if you haven't seen it, the book / film that the author of The Hunger Games blatantly ripped off.

Aye, quite enjoyed Battle Royale (the sequel not so much). But I mind when I first read about Hunger Games, I initially just assumed it was the American rights of the Japanese licence to BR at first, as I had no idea about the success of the HG books etc.

I'm guessing the author of HG drew 'inspiration' from Battle Royale.

Circle - during an alien invasion, a group of random strangers find themselves playing a lethal version of The Weakest Link, with everybody making majority decisions on the next person to be killed.

Self-explanatory high concept piece that's engaging enough while it's running, but which was always going to suffer from an unsatisfying ending. Still could have been a lot worse, and worth a look if you don't mind the idea of a film almost exclusively based around a roomful of people arguing.

Let Us Prey - a police station in a small Scottish town is thrown into chaos when a mysterious stranger arrives.

Probably better not to mention any more about the plot; suffice to say that it becomes a twist on the 'Assault on Precinct 13' style siege film genre, with a couple of recognisable faces turning up (including Jonathan Watson from Only an Excuse?). I can understand folk finding it a bit risible in places, and it has a familiar feel, but I thought it wasn't bad. Liam Cunningham's compelling dark charisma certainly doesn't do the film any harm, and I must to admit to being a bit surprised that he didn't go on to become a more recognisable name after his memorable turn in Cracker twenty years ago. The wife tells me that he's got an ongoing gig on Game of Thrones now, so good for him :P

Also, I'm pretty sure they filmed some of this in Falkirk, as I swear I saw an '01324' area code on the window of a cafe at one point :wacko:

Let Us Prey - a police station in a small Scottish town is thrown into chaos when a mysterious stranger arrives.

Probably better not to mention any more about the plot; suffice to say that it becomes a twist on the 'Assault on Precinct 13' style siege film genre, with a couple of recognisable faces turning up (including Jonathan Watson from Only an Excuse?). I can understand folk finding it a bit risible in places, and it has a familiar feel, but I thought it wasn't bad. Liam Cunningham's compelling dark charisma certainly doesn't do the film any harm, and I must to admit to being a bit surprised that he didn't go on to become a more recognisable name after his memorable turn in Cracker twenty years ago. The wife tells me that he's got an ongoing gig on Game of Thrones now, so good for him :P

Also, I'm pretty sure they filmed some of this in Falkirk, as I swear I saw an '01324' area code on the window of a cafe at one point :wacko:

Haven't seen the film but the Falkirk bit intrigued me and after a quick check that cafe was in High Street, Slamannan.

The Railway Man

I knew of the true story before seeing the film. Thought Colin Firth and Jeremy Irvine played Eric Lomax very well but felt the film was just a bit to slow.

6/10

Edited by lichtie23

This post's reminding me of printing text to the screen on the Sinclair Spectrum.

All we need is some flashing text and cursor and we're good to GOTO 10.

10 PRINT PAPER 0 INK 7 FLASH 1 "CIA agent Napoleon Solo and KGB operative Illya Kuryakin participate in a joint mission against a mysterious criminal organization, which is working to proliferate nuclear weapons In the early 1960s.";

20 BEEP RND*5, RND*256

30 GO TO 10

9999 REM DEPART DIXONS GIGGLING MANIACALLY

Edited by banana

Black Mass - Pissed off with this have waited ages on it. Depp played him well but was just boring boring boring 5/10

Southpaw - 7/10. Very sad watch. Rachel Mcadams though wow.

True romance - First time ever seeing this. What a brilliant movie. Still in love with the character Alabama 8/10

Went to see Burnt tonight, wasn't really expecting much from it but I found it pretty enjoyable. Doesn't really focus as much on the food as say the film Chef did last year but more on Bradley Cooper's character and his past and ongoing issues. Would recommend.

8/10

Anastasia

It was a choice between this or The Omen. Although my daughter likes a scary film I thought she would still be a bit young for seeing young Damian doing his stuff so we settled on a cutesy musical animation.

Just what you need on a Sunday afternoon after a hard week. Cheery songs and no danger of any baddies getting their way. The only baddie to get bumped off was already dead to start with.

7.5/10