What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Finally got around to watching Interstellar last night.

Pretty decent, fast pace at times and visually spectacular.

Brought a wee tear to my eye when his daughter was leaving the video messages, I must becoming a bit of a softie in my old age

Funnily enough I watched Interstellar last night again. Saw it at the cinema, and watched some of it a couple of weeks ago at a mates, while pished. While there I saw the start and the end, fell asleep in the middle.

As I said, watched it all the way through last night again. Just a great sci fi epic. Music score is great. Nolan's films have to be watched a few times to pick up on everything, as there's always so much going on!

Kidnapping Mr Heineken 6/10

Based on the real events in 1983 when 5 dutch guys kidnapped beer tycoon Freddy Heineken and recieved the biggest ransom amount ever at the time. Anthony Hopkins plays Heineken and the kidnappers are played by Jim Sturgess, Ryan Kwanten and Sam Worthington among others. Was decent enough but reading up on the incident afterwards, the team where a set of ruthless b*****ds which wasnt how they are portrayed in the film

Poker Night 6/10

A young detective is held hostage and has to use the knowledge passed down to him from experienced cops during 'poker night' to help him escape. The cast of older cops is quite impressive with Ron Perlman, Giancarlo Esposito and Titus Welliver among them. Too many unanswered questions at the end and a few gaping plotholes but a movie to keep your interest for 90 mins when theres not much else on

Gone Girl - ahead of the curve as ever with my movie watching...

Yeah. This was...OK. An interesting enough look into someone else's terrible marriage, before drifting off into psychopath country and fading out with a drawn, uninteresting ending that didn't even come close to seeming plausible. It works much better as a commentary on why you should never believe anything you see in the media, but that doesn't sustain it for the full running time either. So, yeah, OK, but I'd still probably consider it to be Fincher's worst film so far.

Just remembered that I saw Tusk a while back as well. I'm a big Kevin Smith fan, and it's great that he's doing whatever he wants these days, but that film was fucking dreadful. Very much felt like an unfunny in-joke that he made just to prove that he can basically make anything at this stage and it'll turn a profit. It actually started out reasonably enough before a terrible Johnny Depp appeared and the film disappeared up it's own, bizarrely Canada-obsessed arse. One of the worst films I've seen in a while, and bad movies are almost exclusively my diet.

Memento:

Still don't think I completely understand it lol. The manner in which it played out completely messed with my head and confused me like hell but it was clearly an incredibly well-written movie which I really enjoyed watching.

The Falling.

Eh... pretty messed up all round really. Maisie Williams of game of thrones fame was the lead. This definitely isn't for everyone as it's got some pretty dark themes and is quite uncomfortable to watch in bits.

It was a good film, but it wasn't a particularly enjoyable watch. Certainly won't watch again for a long time.

6/10

Erebus: into the unknown

Documentary about the air New Zealand plane that flew directly into mount Erebus and killed all crew.

Quite thought provoking documentary movie, I'd easily rate it as a 7/10

Good Vibrations

Biopic of Terry Hooley and the Irish punk scene set against the backdrop of the Troubles. A very likeable feel good film, which although at times becomes a bit cliched it still carries alot of charm. About a 6.5 or 7 out of 10.

The Mist

Always assumed it was one of those shite ones purely because the name tbh, watched it and was pretty riveted into it and then that ending. Without expecting it you get completely fucked. Imagine its a sort of one view film due to that though.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Nah, it's a decent one to go back and watch. There's a lot going on and he ending does keep a fair bit of impact. The decision to change the ending from the original short story was a good idea, but that's not a surprise. Darabont seems to be a dab hand at adapting King's work.

22 Jump Street: wasn't as good as the first, kept poking fun at itself with the whole "it's not like the first, treat it like the first gag"

Easily a 7/10 but I hope they put it on the back burner and don't do a hangover.

Wreck it Ralph: kids movie I seen on Netflix I've been meaning to watch for a while, fun and enjoyable. 8/10

Housebound - really quite excellent Kiwi horror comedy about a lassie forced to move back in with her mother when put under curfew for an atrocious attempt at robbing a cashpoint machine. Weird supernatural shit starts happening in the house, and it would give too much away to say more. Suffice to say that this is frequently laugh out loud funny, which is really impressive considering that the horror/comedy genre isn't known for its quality. Would be more than happy to see some kind of sequel featuring the same characters.