What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Not only that, she was a size 16. All the lassies on Facebook telt me that years ago, so it must be true, and in no way wish fulfillment.

She was an attractive lassie, but she had a great publicity machine working on her studio's behalf (Fox, was it?). Had she not existed, they'd have no doubt picked some other girl and made her their cash cow.

Love

NoeLovePoster-thumb-534x759-51550-thumb-

A strange one this. Some crybaby fucks things up with his burd then spends the rest of the film reminiscing about their about their relationship while sniveling like a punk about his own mistakes.

It's an arthouse film where not much happens apart from loads of shagging. It's in 3d and there's quite a few scenes of unsimulated sex including one with a huge cock bulging out from the screen while the whole audience appears to be showered with spunk. It was probably about half an hour too long but it held my attention. It scores a couple of bonus points for the the soundtrack. One sex scene is accompanied by Funkadelic's Maggot Brain, while another is to the sound of the theme from Assault On Precinct 13.

7/10

Mockingjay Part 2

Yes, I did go to the midnight showing last night. Want a fight about it?

hqdefault.jpg

A pretty melancholy end to the series, but I liked it. No academy awards forthcoming for what is a pretty excellent cast, but they certainly committed themselves to the roles given, even if some of the characterisation isn't as strong as it could be. If you've read the books, you'll know what's coming.

I think we'll start to see a decline in the young adult books to movie crossovers now, with on divergent and Maze Runner still going after the abject failure of the Beautiful Creatures.

Oh, and Brienne of Tarth has the most awful American accent in it :lol:

7/10

Edited by Kyle

Steve Jobs

I think enjoyment of this movie could really come down to how much you enjoy Sorkin's style of writing, or how much it annoys you, because it's all over this movie from start to finish. Personally I'm a big fan of it. The one thing the movie didn't need was some of the weird visual moments, like the visuals while Jobs was explaining the real reasoning behind the launch of NEXT. Other than that, I thought it was wonderful, and Michael Fassbender has had an extraordinary year so far. I've not seen Macbeth yet, but by all accounts he's majestic in it. Also, he's been superb in this and Slow West. Which just adds to an already incredible CV.

9/10

Steve Jobs - 6/10

Decent enough film but nothing special in my opinion. Kate Winslet provided one of the worst performances I've seen in a long, long time. The first part of the move (when the Lisa was launched) she spoke in her normal accent then for the rest of the film she seemed to have realised she was playing someone of Polish descent so put on this horrible twang for the rest of the film and meant every time she spoke was just cringeworthy. Not a massive Fassbender fan, but thought he was excellent.

Had never heard of Love. Read your review and immediately thought 'Gaspar Noe' :lol:

Yip, twas indeed a Gaspar Noe flick. It had pretty much all of his trademark depravity.

I saw it at the DCA cinema in Dundee last night. It was actually the UK premiere and there was some kind of interview with Noe afterwards, but I fucked off for a couple of pints before last orders instead of sticking around for it.

The Gunman starring Sean Penn. Just don't, it's truly awful. Mark Rylance putting on a croaky voice is just about the most unconvincing baddie in history, almost as bad as Penn trying to force a right on message onto a seriously shitty thriller. On the plus side Javier Bardem hamming it up was amusing and Ray Winstone does his usual cockney shit. Avoid.

Yip, twas indeed a Gaspar Noe flick. It had pretty much all of his trademark depravity.

I saw it at the DCA cinema in Dundee last night. It was actually the UK premiere and there was some kind of interview with Noe afterwards, but I fucked off for a couple of pints before last orders instead of sticking around for it.

The glamour of Dundee. Wonder what he thought of the place?

I'd definitely have hung around to see what he's like. And maybe ask him to explain the symbolism behind Sodomites :lol:

Watched "Breaking Glass" for the 1st time in about 20 years. The Missus is a bit of a fan of Hazel O'Connor. We went to see her Festival show "Beyond Breaking Glass", which is her autobiography set to a harp, surprisingly good, I'd recommend anyone to go see it if you are aware of her.

Anyway back to BG, although it's been such a long time since I last saw it I remembered the plot very well, it's not that hard tbh. For those wanting a plot outline, it's set during the late 70's England & it's about an anarchist leaning female Kate who is a singer/songwriter of the punk genre although she claims not to be a punk but influenced by it.

She starts off as idealist & just wants to get her music/art out there & the thought of her releasing records & becoming part of the music biz scene horrifies her.

In comes Danny (Phill Daniels) who works in the seedy side of the music industry buying loads of singles from certain shops to fix the charts. He ends up being the manager & creator of Kate's new band Breaking Glass & they set off on the road to become what Kate was so against, Danny soon gets devoured by the monster he has created & likewise Kate ultimately too.

It's no a bad Brit flick & historic snapshot of life in Britain at that time. Strikes, rise of the rightwing & leftwing. Punks & Skins clashing.

But for me & her we spent most of it looking at the rest of the cast & trying to work out what we've seen them in since. Some have gone on to National Treasure status. Others soap heaven.

Well worth the watch, if you've never seen it & well worth the 2nd watch if like me you've not watched it in a long time. Even if it's just to play "what have they been in?". Award yourself an extra point if you suss out who became a main character from the tv series Benidorm. I also got 2 characters from Only Fools & Horses but it was her that got the Casualty bonus point.

Grimbo

Edited by Grim O'Grady

The glamour of Dundee. Wonder what he thought of the place?

I'd definitely have hung around to see what he's like. And maybe ask him to explain the symbolism behind Sodomites :lol:

Sorry, I didn't make it clear. He wasn't actually in Dundee. The Interview was some kind of satellite link up. I would have stuck around if he been there in person.

Bone Tomahawk

Crosses over into both the western and horror genres. Its not quite what I was expecting when I read the synopsis of the film. This film is a bit too long for its own good.

It takes around 20 mins to set the scene and then a large portion of the film is spent with the 4 main characters travelling to their destination. The characters are well written and I enjoyed the majority of their dialogue.

The final act is very gruesome probably more than it needs to be. But the ending was fairly decent.

6/10

Maze Runner: Scorch Trials

Starts off decent enough but thought it steadily got worse. Enjoyed the first film which had all the intrigue of finding out what was going and why they where in the maze. The sequel is just a generic good guys vs bad guys. The infected or whatever they call them in this are a copy & paste from the last of us right down to the noise the clickers make.

4/10

Sorry, I didn't make it clear. He wasn't actually in Dundee. The Interview was some kind of satellite link up. I would have stuck around if he been there in person.

Fuckin' boo! Wouldn't have stayed for that either, other than to ask why Dundee wasn't good enough for him.

He could've made a new movie out of all the crazy stuff that goes down there :P

There's Something About Mary

Still my favourite Farrelly brothers film, still as funny now as it was when I first saw it in the cinema years ago. It has some brilliantly funny scenes in it, and if you like comedies but haven't seen it then I would heartily recommend that you should.

9/10

Stanford Prison Experiment (5/10)

Based on the real story of the infamous Stanford University prison experiment, where volunteers were put in a mock jail, half as prisoners, half as guards.

Doesn't particularly translate well to the screen, and not as interesting as reading the full details of the experiment. Still a fairly decent watch.