What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

The Nice Guys 9/10

I haven't laughed so much at one movie in ages. Ryan Gosling and Russell Crowe are a fantastic pairing, and I'd thoroughly recommend this. Gosling shows a real gift for comedy, both verbal and physical.

when he rolls downhill and lands next to the body, his mannerisms were so like Lou Costello, fantastic

i'll be going back to see it on general  release, well worth a second viewing.

Loved that film. When I told my brother in law about it he thought I said Robot Anne Frank and instantly imagined a sci-fi epic where a young dutch cyborg defeats the Nazis.

Did ye, aye?

post-12169-14646015974846_thumb.jpg

X-Men: Apocalypse 8/10

Another enjoyable installment for me, not the series best but far better than any of the original 3 films, further fixes the messed up storylines and sets up a few potentially brillant sequels. Quicksilver steals it again this time.

Teenage Ninja Mutant Turtles: Out of the Shadows 7/10

A better film than the first installment, still very faithful to the 80's cartoon which im very glad about, Krang could have been done better but its a entertaining daft film and thats all i expect from a film about mutant turtles who happen to be ninja's trained by a mutant rat.

Solaris 7/10

Gonna try and see as many of the Tarkovsky films showing in cinemas while I can. Solaris has never been one of my favourites but seeing it on a proper screen did at least awaken me to how impressive it is as a technical feat. I love how inscrutable the film is, how it never really gives you too much info, like how

Snaut is actually his own replica and the real one is dead

they hammed that up in the remake. It's clever and dark-minded, but something about it does keep you at arms-length.

Son of Saul 8/10

Love films that properly push film making on and do something new (although there may be films this borrows from that I haven't seen tbf) and it also does an amazing job in representing the holocaust with zero sentimentalising. Funnily I again had some slight issues with the story that pushed it down from prob a 9 tho.

Teenage Ninja Mutant Turtles: Out of the Shadows 7/10

A better film than the first installment, still very faithful to the 80's cartoon which im very glad about, Krang could have been done better but its a entertaining daft film and thats all i expect from a film about mutant turtles who happen to be ninja's trained by a mutant rat.

Went to the cinema to see this the other night, I gave it 7/10 too. 

Bebop and Rocksteady were brilliant, probably stole the show for me. Shredder looked pretty bad ass, Krang was creepy. Megan Fox is still hot.

Only thing that spoiled it for me was the actual lack of fights. The turtles didn't actually fight anyone! Pretty let down by that because as I said Shredder looked pretty awesome, as were Bebop and Rocksteady. Casey Jones had the most fight scenes! My brother said it's because of the CGI it's harder for them to do fight scenes ect. I was waiting for it to kick off but it never did.

With Shredder being froze and Baxter Stockman being held in captivity, there is defo going to be a third film. 

Went to the cinema to see this the other night, I gave it 7/10 too. 

Bebop and Rocksteady were brilliant, probably stole the show for me. Shredder looked pretty bad ass, Krang was creepy. Megan Fox is still hot.

Only thing that spoiled it for me was the actual lack of fights. The turtles didn't actually fight anyone! Pretty let down by that because as I said Shredder looked pretty awesome, as were Bebop and Rocksteady. Casey Jones had the most fight scenes! My brother said it's because of the CGI it's harder for them to do fight scenes ect. I was waiting for it to kick off but it never did.

With Shredder being froze and Baxter Stockman being held in captivity, there is defo going to be a third film. 

Agree with you completely bud, Bebop and Rocksteady were outstanding. I didnt like this version of Krang as much, the voice didnt fit the character as a remember him. The Fight with the turtles and Bebop/Rocksteady on the plane then the river was probably the best bit of the film IMO

Kingsman: The Secret Service

Finally got around to watching this and I'm glad that I did. An absolutity terrific film and I think it's a better spy movie than Spectre. 

9/10

What We Do in the Shadows

I gave up on the Scotland game at half time and came across this film on Netflix. Just like Kingsman, I really enjoyed this film. The whole scene with the police was great, as where the werewolves.

Although:

I will admit that I almost had something in my eye when Stu 'died'.

9/10. (The film gets a bonus point due to Rhys Darby). 

What We Do in the Shadows

I gave up on the Scotland game at half time and came across this film on Netflix. Just like Kingsman, I really enjoyed this film. The whole scene with the police was great, as where the werewolves.

Although:

I will admit that I almost had something in my eye when Stu 'died'.

9/10. (The film gets a bonus point due to Rhys Darby).

It's hilarious

The Nice Guys 9/10

I haven't laughed so much at one movie in ages. Ryan Gosling and Russell Crowe are a fantastic pairing, and I'd thoroughly recommend this. Gosling shows a real gift for comedy, both verbal and physical.

when he rolls downhill and lands next to the body, his mannerisms were so like Lou Costello, fantastic

i'll be going back to see it on general release, well worth a second viewing.

Went to see this last night. Absolutely superb and Gosling stole the show