What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

First Man
Disappointed with this as expected so much more. Found it visually very difficult to watch with all the intense shaking from inside the rocket. Armstrong’s wife seemed a bit of a bitch as well, though I thought Claire Foy played her well. Ending was a bit flat too.

5/10

On 06/11/2018 at 09:36, Trackdaybob said:

Three Billboards.

Yes, I'm way behind the drag curve :lol: 

Thoroughly enjoyed it though. Particularly the way they worked the humour into what is actually a grim situation. 

Watched this on sky last night , outstanding performances from the leads, 

Fully agree to put humour into this and to make it work was genius. 9/10

Kinsman: The Golden Circle

Not as good as the first one obviously but I liked it. still full of very cool, if ott, slow motion fight scenes which I am partial to. Big, daft fun and an enjoyable watch, if a touch too long. Elton John's cameo was also far funnier to me than it had any right to be

Bohemian Rhapsody
Loved it. I understand it won’t all be true to life and some of the scenes were exaggerated but what a fucking life Freddie lived. Thought Malek played the main man brilliantly and the Live Aid scene was spot on from the original. Worth the 10 years in the making. Il drop it half a point due to having Queen songs running through my head for the last few days.
9.5/10

Bohemian Rhapsody
Loved it. I understand it won’t all be true to life and some of the scenes were exaggerated but what a fucking life Freddie lived. Thought Malek played the main man brilliantly and the Live Aid scene was spot on from the original. Worth the 10 years in the making. Il drop it half a point due to having Queen songs running through my head for the last few days.
9.5/10
If I remember correctly Fat Bottomed Girls wasn't out at the time it was depicted in the film.

Juliet, Naked

Another Nick Hornby adaptation. Chris O'Dowd and Rose Byrne have been together for 15 years but are drifting apart. She can't stand his addiction to a (fictional) 90's American singer (Ethan Hawke) who vanished after one mediocre album. He runs a fan site for him and one day a cd of unreleased stuff turns up. His girlfriend hears it, signs up to his fan site and says it's a load of shite. The singer then gets in touch to say he wholeheartedly agrees and much standard rom-comery ensues. Not going to trouble any award ceremonies but a perfectly decent, sweet comedy. 

6.9/10

(186)

Peterloo 4/10

Mike Leigh at his broad brush worst, loads of inspirational speeches and northern patronising, good on historical accuracy and rabble rousing, embarrassing on most else. Lost me totally when Maxine Peake was being all matronly with a fat bloke from Wigan, the pages of my life up for display. (cinema)

Birds of Passage. Colombian film about an aboriginal tribe (not sure of the correct term for people who were there before the Spanish arrived), whose matriarch asks too much for a dowry and the suiter ends up having to sell dope to American hippies to raise it, and everything escalates. It's a sequel to Embrace of the Serpent I think, which I'll try to find. Good, 7/10 minimum.

On the best of 2018 question, I'd go with Blackkklansman for now. I'll give it more thought at the end of the year though.
Based on what I've seen, I'd go with that too. Only got my unlimited card in July though so basically saw nothing that came out in the first half of the year