What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Layer Cake.
Fourth or fifth time. 
Decent way to pass the evening. 
7/10.
i recorded and watched layer cake last week with the missus and i didnt think it was nearly as good as i remembered. still a 6/10 but i had rated it so much higher before. craig was the best thing in the film and im sure it was this performance that got him the bond gig.

BlacKkKlansman

Brilliant. Very cleverly done showing the parallels between the period setting and the modern day. Washington and Driver are superb, and Topher Grace is hilariously smug as David Duke. The portrayal of the Klan members (and especially the wife) are brilliant too.

Scarface 6/10

Very much a product of its time as none of the shock value even applies these days.

Montana starts out immensely dislikable and just gets increasingly dislikable as the film goes on. He's a really boring psychopath.

The Fog (1980)
Don't think it would be an 18 these days. Watched with missus and daughter and they were more amused than scared by (terrified me when I first saw it aged about 5. Left me with a fear of fog I've still not quite shaken off). Out at cinemas again this week too. Heard Clarisse Loughrey on Kermode & Mayo make a good point that horrors show what was playing on the public psyche at the time. Isolation and being trapped alone is a big theme of The Fog. The synths and the general aesthetic make it worth a watch. Doubt anyone would be too scared watching it now. 

Horror films do nothing for me and most of them I find stupid or funny, but The Fog scared the bejesus out of me. It was the totally unseen, claustrophobic terror. You didn't know what it was but you knew it was bad. No baddie is as scary as a nameless, formless fear.

Last film I saw was La La Land. I hate musicals. I don't like dancing. I loved it. I'm either getting old or turning into a woman.

(184-185)

Dogman 7.5/10

Set in this weird unremittingly almost comedically bleak council estate somewhere outside Naples that seems to be cut off from the rest of humanity. Film is centered around the Dogman (a guy who runs a dog grooming business) who exists on the edges of petty criminality, helping out a bit with burglaries and selling drugs. Seems like he’s mostly involved out of fear that his “friend”, a local horrible b*****d who everybody hates, will do him over if he doesn’t help. Central guy was so good tho, this absolutely tragic whiney bloke, kind of made the film. (Curzon)

Halloween 5.5/10

Quite slickly made and the second half is significantly better than the setup of the first but bladdy hell of you think about the story for even five seconds it really makes no sense at all. Literally the definition of passed the time adequately. (cinema)

1 minute ago, jimmy boo said:
2 hours ago, Eckauskas said:
Bohemian Rhapsody, 9/10. If you're a Queen fan, you should go see this film.
And if you're not? f**k it, go anyway.

I was never a fan of Queen but I'll be going this week.

Me and the bird are both massive Queen fans and loved every minute. I imagine that's how middled aged birds felt about Mamma Mia and Abba.

Me and the bird are both massive Queen fans and loved every minute. I imagine that's how middled aged birds felt about Mamma Mia and Abba.
Mrs Boo isn't a fan either but FM was such a unique character we are both keen to see it on the big screen as opposed to my usual dodgy stream.

just watched Pirates of the Caribbean dead mans chest. never seen any of these films before and was surprised by how much i enjoyed it. light hearted, daft comedy but had some great action and fight scenes. johnny depp was brilliant. will make a point of watching the rest of them.

just watched Pirates of the Caribbean dead mans chest. never seen any of these films before and was surprised by how much i enjoyed it. light hearted, daft comedy but had some great action and fight scenes. johnny depp was brilliant. will make a point of watching the rest of them.

The rest of them are practically the same as the one you’ve just seen.

Took the Mrs and kids to the cinema to see:
Goosebumps 2.
Enjoyed the original but this was a bit too samey, good fun though and anything that gets a 3 year old rocket boy to sit on his arse for a wee while is fine by me
5/10.

Watched a couple of flicks at home with the Mrs on Saturday night as well..

Halloween (2018).
I've only ever seen the original and none of the shite sequels or the rob zombie remake and I really did enjoy this. Myers doctor is a tadger, and the scene in the build up to the end where JLC is searching the house is tense, didn't disappoint too much.
6.5/10

What keeps you alive (2018)

Having seen this recommended on a few horror sites we dived right in.
IMO, one lot of sh*te, fell asleep an hour in
2/10

Yesterday's Enemy (1959)

Stanley Baker, Gordon Jackson 8), Leo McKern, Burt Kwouk.

The remains of a British Army brigade in retreat from the Japanese, in the Burmese jungle.

Quite a powerful movie, not what I was expecting tbh. Controversial stuff for it's time I'd think.

Bit of a gem. This was on that TalkingPictures tv channel, worth a look if your into old war movies with a message.

7.5/10

Jason Bourne

Great film. Could easily watch it on a loop. The disappointment of the lovely Julia Stiles' contribution ending quickly is tempered by the delight of Alicia Vikander replacing her. Bourne is a fantastic character, and Tommy Lee Jones is brilliant as the CIA director.

Also rumours that there will be a sequel, which could feature Damon and Renner.

10 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

This sounds cracking. emoji106.png

Aye. Hopefully the tv channel will repeat the movie.

A Hill in Korea (1956) is being shown on TalkingPictures tv channel this Friday @ 12.15pm.

Stanley Baker (again):P, Michael Caine, Harry Andrews. British Army patrol fending off Chinese attacks in South Korea.

Three Billboards.

Yes, I'm way behind the drag curve :lol: 

Thoroughly enjoyed it though. Particularly the way they worked the humour into what is actually a grim situation.