What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile.

The film was fine, just fine. This might be the best I've seen from Zac Efron, he felt like a natural for the role. The opening portion of the film was a bit jumpy for my liking. Also too much focus was put on the girlfriend and her perspective. Ultimately we barely saw anything "extremely wicked, shocking evil or vile" so the way the story played out felt a little on the tame side. To be fair, I imagine there'd be huge uproar from the families of the victims if they'd decided to actually depict any of the disgusting acts that he did in any great detail. However there was one incident portrayed towards the end but in the grand scheme of things didn't add anything to the film at that point. High praise must be given to the actors in the trial scenes as that was terrifically done.

6/10

Spider-Man: Homecoming 

My #1 in the MCU and one of my favourite movies ever. A truly amazing villain and great comedy. The battles between Spidey and Vulture are story telling at it's finest. The car scene is the daddy.

10/10

The film was fine, just fine. This might be the best I've seen from Zac Efron, he felt like a natural for the role. The opening portion of the film was a bit jumpy for my liking. Also too much focus was put on the girlfriend and her perspective. Ultimately we barely saw anything "extremely wicked, shocking evil or vile" so the way the story played out felt a little on the tame side. To be fair, I imagine there'd be huge uproar from the families of the victims if they'd decided to actually depict any of the disgusting acts that he did in any great detail. However there was one incident portrayed towards the end but in the grand scheme of things didn't add anything to the film at that point. High praise must be given to the actors in the trial scenes as that was terrifically done.
6/10
Watched it yesterday, felt given the nature of his crimes it was very very tame but understandably so. Not what i expected but the end trial was the standout for me. Was mental to think he was on trial for a double murder and birds were lining up to be pumped.

Thought the casting of Zac Efron was very good, its by far his best role and shows he can be taken as a serious actor.

6/10 for me

Long Shot 
(cinema)

Comedy with Seth Rogen and Charlize Theron. He's an angry left wing journalist, she's a fairly centrist politician with a stellar career. Rom com/bits of gross-out humour/part social comment. It was alright. Heart in the right place, a few funny scenes and quite emotional at times too. Decent couple of hours but nothing amazing. 

6.5/10

Tyrannosaur

A tough to watch film by Paddy Considine about two people who lead pretty awful lives, one ruined by drink and one by domestic abuse. A tough watch, but worth it. Olivia Colman is her usual fantastic self.

8/10

Tyrannosaur

A tough to watch film by Paddy Considine about two people who lead pretty awful lives, one ruined by drink and one by domestic abuse. A tough watch, but worth it. Olivia Colman is her usual fantastic self.

8/10

An absolutely brilliant debut (I think) as director by Considine. Both Colman and Peter Mullen are at the top of their game in this.

ETA: Rosette number three is currently rabbiting away to the wife about the event she's been to at the National tonight where she's had a good old chinwag with La Colman (jealous!), as well as Jess Phillips (not so jealous).

John Q.

Is this a scathing attack on the American healthcare system or is it a tense hostage thriller? I don't know and neither does the film at times. It's perfectly watchable but goes for the middle ground and doesn't really hit the mark either way.

6/10

On 5/5/2019 at 21:56, Principal Flutie said:

Spider-Man: Homecoming 

My #1 in the MCU and one of my favourite movies ever. A truly amazing villain and great comedy. The battles between Spidey and Vulture are story telling at it's finest. The car scene is the daddy.

10/10

Just watched this last night as it appeared on Netflix. Thought it was excellent, up there with Logan for my favourite Marvel movie. Michael Keaton as Vulture was very good and I liked his back story - it all just worked really well.

On 04/05/2019 at 01:13, JamieStevenson said:

6/10

Watched this last night.  My feelings are the same as yours for the most part.  We knew Bundy was a bit of a ride back in the day so Efron suited the role perfectly with him also being a ride.  And like you say I thought he played the character well.  He got Bundy's mannerisms pretty spot on going by the footage I've seen of him and yep, we knew it wasn't going to be a grizzly film with a tonne of head caving in's (safe the one right at the end).

The court scenes during the double murder trial were acted very nicely, Malkovich was great as Judge Cowart.  

I see its got mixed to negative reviews but I'm not exactly sure what the critics were looking for?   A bloodbath? A different perspective on the story?  The acting was good on the whole I thought.  The film was supposed to be from Liz Kendall and Carole Ann Boone's perspective but for that to work, see how they both coped with the whole thing, we kind of needed to see a lot of stuff that was already known to everyone. Which meant a lot of Bundy on screen.

8 pon 10 for me.

2 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Yes, cgi aplenty.

The absolute uber-wid that is Freida Pinto is in it, which gained it an extra mark.

I had heard reasonable things, although most were that it was good but not as good as the Disney live action version.

Netflix?